Don't be a *Yoink*.

We’ve all been there- An arena match is just starting, and everyone dashes to get the power weapons. You somehow dodge the hailstorm of frag, splinter, and plasma grenades and manage to nab the prized sniper rifle, rocket launcher, fuel rod cannon, etc. You get back to your team and start to head towards where the enemy is defending…but then you start getting shot…from behind. You turn around just in time to see one of your teammates finish unloading his AR into your corpse, -Yoink!- you and take the weapon you so nimbly acquired. “Yoink!,” you might say as he runs off either picking up kills, or dying almost instantly. Sometimes you get the option to boot the fiend, but then you’d be down a player, and that’s just bad. So you soldier on. You report him for team-killing or unsporting conduct, and that’s that.

Situation #2: You’re in a heated match (could be arena or warzone), and you and an enemy are facing off 1v1. There’s a frantic shooting, melee-ing, grenade tossing exchange, and, unfortunately, you missed one shot but your opponent doesn’t. Then he and one of his teammates decide to -Yoink!- you. Respect for the person you just traded lead with lost. He or she may have won the fight, but in terms of respect, no one wants to deal with Yoink that gloats in barely winning. You report him for unsporting conduct, and try to get your team to win the match.

Unfortunately, this happens every few games. Why? Cause someone decided to be a Yoink- an annoying, stinking, Yoink.

If we, as a community don’t want to be stereotyped as kids who just -Yoink!- and team kill, we have to foster respect. Compliment a teammate if they’re doing a good job. If they aren’t doing so great, work with them and not against them.

I’ve been in matches where it felt like my team didn’t understand fundamental concepts. It’s frustrating. I’ve also had matches where it felt like the planets had aligned and cursed me with almost instant death on spawning. Some people might just be learning how to play, or we just aren’t having the best day. It happens.

But you know what is the most frustrating? When a fellow Spartan and gamer decides to be a Yoink. When someone’s a Yoink, no one wins.

So, consider this a PSA…

Don’t be a Yoink

Teabagging is always going to be a part of Halo and gaming in general. It keeps us all grounded and reminds us that this is all just a game.

Try not to get too upset and just have fun! :slight_smile:

> 2560081931056311;2:
> Teabagging is always going to be a part of Halo and gaming in general. It keeps us all grounded and reminds us that this is all just a game.
>
> Try not to get too upset and just have fun! :slight_smile:

Whenever I get tea bagged it stops being a game…

> 2560081931056311;2:
> Teabagging is always going to be a part of Halo and gaming in general. It keeps us all grounded and reminds us that this is all just a game.
>

Team killing is bad, tea bagging is good. Don’t team kill, -Yoink!- instead.

i was with you on team killing

but then you started bashing t bagging

does it hurt your feelings that much?

like really?

we have starving people in america and t bagging is what upsets you?

> 2533275016942754;3:
> > 2560081931056311;2:
> > Teabagging is always going to be a part of Halo and gaming in general. It keeps us all grounded and reminds us that this is all just a game.
> >
> > Try not to get too upset and just have fun! :slight_smile:
>
>
> Whenever I get tea bagged it stops being a game…

Its true war at that point, they better get ready for a salty sack to their face

> 2560081931056311;2:
> Teabagging is always going to be a part of Halo and gaming in general. It keeps us grounded and reminds us that this is all just a game.
>

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

> 2535405450804460;6:
> > 2533275016942754;3:
> > > 2560081931056311;2:
> > > Teabagging is always going to be a part of Halo and gaming in general. It keeps us all grounded and reminds us that this is all just a game.
> > >
> > > Try not to get too upset and just have fun! :slight_smile:
> >
> >
> > Whenever I get tea bagged it stops being a game…
>
>
> Its true war at that point, they better get ready for a salty sack to their face

Oh yeah, I get so sweaty I will take advice from my German friend. “Take your shirt off.”

Tea bagging doesn’t bother me. Team killing pisses me off to no end though, especially in breakout.

Sure, team-killing is bad, but you want to get all “We are the World” over tea-bagging?
You need thicker skin.

> 2560081931056311;2:
>

Team Killing and Teabagging are so un proffessional. I dont need someone to -Yoink!- me to remind me I am playing Halo LOL

Tea bagging in video games makes it embarrassing to consider myself a gamer. This may sound ironic, but grow up. Tea bagging is no longer funny; it just makes you look like a 30 year old who works at Micki D’s until 5 everyday to come home to his mom’s house and hop on Xbox. I bet you still say WWWHHHHAASSSUUUPPP too. losers.

> 2533274797328974;12:
> Tea bagging in video games makes it embarrassing to consider myself a gamer. This may sound ironic, but grow up. Tea bagging is no longer funny; it just makes you look like a 30 year old who works at Micki D’s until 5 everyday to come home to his mom’s house and hop on Xbox. I bet you still say WWWHHHHAASSSUUUPPP too. losers.

What if I’m not 30?

I don’t like to get tbagged, but it doesn’t bother me. Kids will be kids.

> 2535405450804460;6:
> > 2533275016942754;3:
> > > 2560081931056311;2:
> > > Teabagging is always going to be a part of Halo and gaming in general. It keeps us all grounded and reminds us that this is all just a game.
> > >
> > > Try not to get too upset and just have fun! :slight_smile:
> >
> >
> > Whenever I get tea bagged it stops being a game…
>
>
> Its true war at that point, they better get ready for a salty sack to their face

I love you, internet.

I don’t understand when a team is lossing and they decided to get a little to close to me. Like really, the score is 38-20, and you are going 4-11 why do you think you’re doing any better then me?

There is nothing in the halo universe I won’t -Yoink!-.

Well, not much you can do about the teabaggers. But seriously, the team-killing is the worst. And funny thing is that many people still do it and most of them don’t get banned.

Teammate kills are the worst. It’s stupid to kill someone on your own team for a power weapon. The offender should get booted from the game and should also be reported for unsporting conduct. If you have a headset be vocal about it so others on your team can comment as well. At some point there will hopefully be a character rating where you can filter out idiot players based on their gamer score - [cough Halo Reach].

Upon reading the subject line, I thought this was going to be about people stealing their teammates assassinations which I already think is a pain in the Yoink . But this is way worse hahaha.