Don't be a sheep of the system!!!

There hasn’t been a time like this where I’ve been so tempted to let it go and leave halo in the mess that its in right now. This new “monthly mythic” bs is taking microtransactions to a whole new level, and i thought the req system wouldn’t get any worse.
So from my understanding, if you pay $10, you can get one of the mythic reqs with 14 cards of that item in one pack, and at the moment its the prophets bane. Now if you can’t see the greed in that, I have now idea what will. THIS is the definition of PAY TO WIN. If you need good weapons to win a match, here, spend $10 and get it right now instead of grinding for months just to get 1 or 2 mythic cards that we have to use very sparingly. This is putting a middle finger up to everybody in the community, if your casual or hardcore, the are being -Yoinked!- over by microsoft.
And it gets even worse because there is “more to come” according to 343. Imagine whats gonna happen when the nornfang or spnk prime is the featured mythic weapon, warzone is gonna be unplayable because everybody will be using these mythic weapons and its gonna be pointless. Usually in warzone, closer to release, you could differentiate between the players who grinded and worked hard and the casual players.
So please, as tempting as it is, dont fall for the bait, even if you dont have the mythic weapons yet, don’t be a sheep to the system, if everybody joins in on the hype, then this will come back but next time it will be more vicious and even more tempting. And the worrying thing is that in halo 6 we might be seeing a more extreme version of microtransactions because as we all should know, microtransactions dont get kinder, they get even more vicious and more greedy.

We need to be voting with our wallet
no one but halo 5
no one buy these few pack garbage
no one play halo 5 even if only for a day or a week

enough is enough of this greedy half -Yoinked!- halo

> 2533274832130936;2:
> We need to be voting with our wallet
> no one but halo 5
> no one buy these few pack garbage
> no one play halo 5 even if only for a day or a week
>
> enough is enough of this greedy half -Yoinked!- halo

You say that but you clearly bought a Noble REQ pack for your armor.

> 2533274832130936;2:
> We need to be voting with our wallet
> no one but halo 5
> no one buy these few pack garbage
> no one play halo 5 even if only for a day or a week
>
> enough is enough of this greedy half -Yoinked!- halo

I will admit around November I was tempted by the Warzone req bundle… but that’s the only money I’ve spent on this micro transactions -Yoink-

If you don’t want it, don’t buy it.

But how is it pay to win? So it gives you a sword in Warzone. But has no effect in Arena playlist, which the real multiplayer is. Big woop, you got a sword you can only use in casual playmodes like Warzone, it’s not going to ruin my day, I’ll just run you over in a mongoose and steal your sword.

> 2533274874751255;3:
> > 2533274832130936;2:
> > We need to be voting with our wallet
> > no one but halo 5
> > no one buy these few pack garbage
> > no one play halo 5 even if only for a day or a week
> >
> > enough is enough of this greedy half -Yoinked!- halo
>
>
> You say that but you clearly bought a Noble REQ pack for your armor.

Nope, got it through a gold pack after finishing a firefight match

> 2533274803137071;5:
> If you don’t want it, don’t buy it.
>
> But how is it pay to win? So it gives you a sword in Warzone. But has no effect in Arena playlist, which the real multiplayer is. Big woop, you got a sword you can only use in casual playmodes like Warzone, it’s not going to ruin my day, I’ll just run you over in a mongoose and steal your sword.

Some people grinded hard af to earn it, and now everyone suddenly has it. Not to mention the price is ridiculous and yet people pay for this -Yoink-. If we support things will get worse. Back in the older Halo’s we never used to make excuses, because there was everything for everyone and no one was superior to other because he has a bigger wallet. Whether it’s in Warzone only doesn’t matter, maybe things will get worse and it’ll even go beyond Warzone. You never know with such incompetent developers.

> 2535434222156554;7:
> > 2533274803137071;5:
> > If you don’t want it, don’t buy it.
> >
> > But how is it pay to win? So it gives you a sword in Warzone. But has no effect in Arena playlist, which the real multiplayer is. Big woop, you got a sword you can only use in casual playmodes like Warzone, it’s not going to ruin my day, I’ll just run you over in a mongoose and steal your sword.
>
>
> Some people grinded hard af to earn it, and now everyone suddenly has it. Not to mention the price is ridiculous and yet people pay for this -Yoink-. If we support things will get worse. Back in the older Halo’s we never used to make excuses, because there was everything for everyone and no one was superior to other because he has a bigger wallet. Whether it’s in Warzone only doesn’t matter, maybe things will get worse and it’ll even go beyond Warzone. You never know with such incompetent developers.

We had everything because everything was arena style playlist. Weapons on the map and all the stuff

I’m not going to buy the pack for I don’t feel the need for it, or other stuff.

But I find it funny that more people are bringing up such a huge stink about this yet not so many did with the DMR req bundle, in fact many people bought that.

Honestly Waypoint is feeling extremely hypocritical right now

I’ve gotten to use the Halo CE Magnum loads of times even though I don’t have it unlocked.

Use skills to pay your bills

> 2533274803137071;5:
> If you don’t want it, don’t buy it.
>
> But how is it pay to win? So it gives you a sword in Warzone. But has no effect in Arena playlist, which the real multiplayer is. Big woop, you got a sword you can only use in casual playmodes like Warzone, it’s not going to ruin my day, I’ll just run you over in a mongoose and steal your sword.

I feel it’s wandering a little into pay to win territory, but it isn’t significant enough to really call it pay to win right now. If there was an exclusive REQ pack that cost $20 that gave you a Rocket Launcher as a Level 1 loadout, then that would be pay to win.

> 2533274874751255;3:
> > 2533274832130936;2:
> > We need to be voting with our wallet
> > no one but halo 5
> > no one buy these few pack garbage
> > no one play halo 5 even if only for a day or a week
> >
> > enough is enough of this greedy half -Yoinked!- halo
>
>
> You say that but you clearly bought a Noble REQ pack for your armor.

That’s a pretty rough thing to say to somebody who’s supporting you…

Funny people spend money on these reqs and I just sit back with my.load out weapons (:. As far as the microtransactions, it’s a choice, some people do want to wait for stuff, some do, it fits both needs.

Why cares, it’s warzone. Let idiots spend thier money to win in the most meaningless, casual, joke gametype ever seen.

> 2535434222156554;7:
> > 2533274803137071;5:
> > If you don’t want it, don’t buy it.
> >
> > But how is it pay to win? So it gives you a sword in Warzone. But has no effect in Arena playlist, which the real multiplayer is. Big woop, you got a sword you can only use in casual playmodes like Warzone, it’s not going to ruin my day, I’ll just run you over in a mongoose and steal your sword.
>
>
> Some people grinded hard af to earn it, and now everyone suddenly has it. Not to mention the price is ridiculous and yet people pay for this -Yoink-. If we support things will get worse. Back in the older Halo’s we never used to make excuses, because there was everything for everyone and no one was superior to other because he has a bigger wallet. Whether it’s in Warzone only doesn’t matter, maybe things will get worse and it’ll even go beyond Warzone. You never know with such incompetent developers.

First of all, degrading 343 won’t help your case. I do, however agree with your other points. The req pack is only a sword now, but if they make a Nornfang pack then it’s more so pay to win.

If people support this REQ pack and the others to come, Halo 6 will truly be a mess…

I feel sorry for the saps that paid for the Noble Pack. I unlocked Emile’s Armor 1 week after it came out. Which proved to me this is just a money grab for 343i.

My biggest gripe would be if they are making so much money off of transactions, they should be hiring staff to address the bigger issues like network stability or major bugs

I have about 300k req saved up but because of this thread im actually going to buy it for $10. Dont tell me how to spend my money.