Dominion, too many power weps

Seriously, makes defending so incredibly easy, with the maps on this game, its very difficult to break a defensive power wep setup on a base

The only reason I play Dominion is because it’s the easiest playlist to max power weapons on.

Its starting to get frustrating. Im trying to get my halotracker 50 in it
(47 right now), and the last 30 games or so ive played…literally 90% of my deaths are from people just sitting in a corner with rockets when I go in the base. I mean seriously, how can that be fun for you?

I feel like that’s half the point, have a base - have the weapons to defend the base/successfully assault another base.

> I feel like that’s half the point, have a base - have the weapons to defend the base/successfully assault another base.

Do you realize how stagnant, dull, and irritating it is when the enemy has 3 Rocket Launchers when defending their base? Dominion can be a good gametype, but with the excess of power weapons it’s fairly annoying.

It kind of speaks to the point of the game though, no? The longer you own a base (or the more strategic a base, like Bravo) the better the reinforcements. Keep the bases, get the goodies.

I would be alright doing away with map-based ordinance altogether though.

Be sure to give this feedback in the War Game feedback forum, where you can be sure 343 will see it.

I totally Agree.

I do like Dominion, but when you have 2 people camping in a base with rockets that get replenished every 30 seconds. It is hard to kill both and get control of the base.

I am usually one of these players, that camp with Rockets. And most games, if I do this rarely die, and get plenty of kills. I don’t even need to move, because 30 seconds I very likely to have rockets again.

Maybe removing rockets from spawning in bases, and have them spawn randomly around the map would make defending and capturing more about layer skill than power weapons.

> > I feel like that’s half the point, have a base - have the weapons to defend the base/successfully assault another base.
>
> Do you realize how stagnant, dull, and irritating it is when the enemy has 3 Rocket Launchers when defending their base? Dominion can be a good gametype, but with the excess of power weapons it’s fairly annoying.

I don’t mind power weapons being a common thing in Dominion. In fact, without them, Dominion just wouldn’t be the same at all.

But having a Base resupply with 2 Rocket Launchers and a SAW while the other Base resupplies with two BRs and Frag Grenades sucks.

I believe one Supply Drop should have only Power Weapons, one have only Loadout weapons, and the last one have both. This would be very much better.

I like Dominion how it is. The surplus of power weapons makes it exciting! And it’s not like only one team can have power weapons; if the enemy wants to camp in their base with power weapons, bring rockets or a shotgun to them. The power weapons are balanced between teams, whether they are used for offense or defense.

I never understood why some designer thought rockets on quick respawn in a base capturing gametype was a good idea

The whole damn game has to many power weapons

Agreed. The priciple is ok, but it’s overdone imo.

They could lower the rocket spawns a bit I guess but Dominion actually starts off quite slow really.

The game is often decided in that period at the start where bases are being fortified and resupplied.

If your not skilled at the start then you are left to fight rockets and wraiths with your bolt shot and BR.

Yeah, I just feel sorry for people who have to camp with rockets, its obvious they have trouble moving both analog sticks at the same time!

But Dominion seems to be better than what it started out to be!

each point has 3 drops right?

I think one should be a power weapon, another should be grenades and the last should be a loadout weapon.

I know what you mean though… I had a game last night and when I was in the wraith I a saw at least 20 rockets flying around. Good job the enemy had a bad aim though.