Dominion: Friendly Fire and Betrayal

When playing a game that takes a team effort to win you want the only thing to be trying to kill you is your enemy. Sometimes someone thinks its funny to be a griefer to you and they are on your own team. I don’t care if someone “steals my kill,” (in fact if you are mad someone on your own team stole your team then you are some selfish SOB). I don’t care if someone on my team shoots at the guy I am assassinating (games get somewhat intense). I don’t care if someone on my team accidentally blocks my shot and it gets me kill (I will get annoyed but I get over it quickly). I don’t care if one of my teammates accidentally hits me with a vehicle. I don’t even mind getting tea-bagged sometimes its actually kind of funny and if you killed me you’ve earned the right. If an enemy team is made up of all campers, I don’t mind it especially in Dominion cuz I might do it a little myself(I do hate it when people camp in SWAT and I will get butthurt and scream profanity’s off mic about how your basically a…well Yoink, then proceed to kill you in the most humiliating fashion). Though today when I was playing Dominion, one of my teammates decides to be a comedian and kills me two times in a row…on purpose and I never did anything or said anything to him, he just kept shooting at me till I died. The voice said betrayal each time I was killed by this scrublord, but neither in the two times he killed me did it give me the option to boot the hell out 'im. I also accidentally killed one of my own teammates when I was trying to destroy a tank with my spartan laser (well he did run into my shot so im not all to blame), but I thought the only way to accidentally kill ur teammates was to run them over or hit them with a vehicle.

So I have two questions for you guys here on the Halo forums:

1. Is friendly fire on (meaning you can damage you teammates if you shoot them) when you play Dominion?

And/or

1. Did you ever have such an experience?

I notice for BTB it is off. For other games I don’t know, I only play BTB, Slayer, and Action Sack. BTB is where I see griefers all the time and I know that in BTB it is as you describe.

But here is an interesting twist for you. Dominion is the sadomasochistic child of land grab and invasion slayer. You need to be sadistic to enjoy being pummeled by overwhelming fire power, and masochistic to enjoy pummeling the other team without mercy. So why does griefing bother you?

Someone may correct me if I’m wrong but friendly fire is only disabled in the Infinity Slayer gametypes, Swat and Flood. All other gametypes have friendly fire enabled. I prefer the realism and tactical aspect of friendly fire and would prefer if all game types had it enabled.

As for people intentionally betraying others, if friendly fire was enabled across the board, you always have the option of killing your betrayer or just weakening him a few times making his gameplay experience unpleasant and hope he quits out or kills you one too many times and gets the boot.

The funny thing is I remember someone once stating on the forums that the removal of friendly fire in infinity slayer was to prevent ordnance stealing, yet there is far more ordnance floating around in Dominion seems odd to me.

> Someone may correct me if I’m wrong but friendly fire is only disabled in the Infinity Slayer gametypes, Swat and Flood. All other gametypes have friendly fire enabled. I prefer the realism and tactical aspect of friendly fire and would prefer if all game types had it enabled.
>
> As for people intentionally betraying others, if friendly fire was enabled across the board, you always have the option of killing your betrayer or just weakening him a few times making his gameplay experience unpleasant and hope he quits out or kills you one too many times and gets the boot.
>
> The funny thing is I remember someone once stating on the forums that the removal of friendly fire in infinity slayer was to prevent ordnance stealing, yet there is far more ordnance floating around in Dominion seems odd to me.

Yah that does sound odd. Also when you say ordnance do you mean the one you get after kills a certain amount of people or just the ones that randomly spawn?

Sorry, I was referring to Personal Ordnance. Players could effectively get free weapons by killing players who call in their drops. But I don’t see how that’s much different than someone killing you in Dominion for that rocket launcher you just got.

I’ve had 2 sad experiences in dominion

1. was getting a assassination on a guy ( the one where your on his shoulders) and one of my team mates had a shot gun( he was standing in front of the guy) and he shot me then shot the other guy. I forgive that guy cause I truly believe it was a accident.but it was a little sad :frowning:
    Also I did not get the boot option just so you know

2)this ones more aggravating than the first.Im on meltdown, I go for the incineration cannon. My team mate probably cause he wanted it sticks me kills me and takes the incineration cannon, I was furious that he was such a jerk and couldn’t let me have the incineration cannon even thought I beat him to it. I went for revenge found another incineration cannon off a dead enemy and saw his name plate going for another incineration cannon that had Just dropped so I killed he right as he went for it.and he booted me talk about dickery D:
I like how I never got the boot option but when I killed him that once he got it.