Dominion equivalent to Battlefront!

I can’t believe it! Dominion is like Halo’s version of Conquest from Battlefront! Battlefront 2 is definitely in my Top 5 Favorite Games, up there with Halo! I personally think this will be a great gametype in Halo 4. Can’t wait!

Dont copy other posts

> I can’t believe it! Dominion is like Halo’s version of Conquest from Battlefront! Battlefront 2 is definitely in my Top 5 Favorite Games, up there with Halo! I personally think this will be a great gametype in Halo 4. Can’t wait!

Battlefront is what got me into Sci fi shooters, console gaming, and FPSs overall. It, along with Halo are my two most favorate shooter franchises of all time. Since I don’t have as much time playing Halo than just learning about it for five years, I have much more nostalgia for Battlefront 2 on my PS2 (I diddn’t have an Xbox then), so this makes me very happy, because basically, without Battlefront, I wouldn’t be as into Halo as I am now.

That’s why this is going to probably be my most played gametype. Only difference is that the bases fortify themselves, which just makes it cooler.

When we get a feature from Battlefront; praise all over the forums.

When we get a feature from CoD; the forums go to war.

OT: I really love this gametype too.

> > I can’t believe it! Dominion is like Halo’s version of Conquest from Battlefront! Battlefront 2 is definitely in my Top 5 Favorite Games, up there with Halo! I personally think this will be a great gametype in Halo 4. Can’t wait!
>
> Battlefront is what got me into Sci fi shooters, console gaming, and FPSs overall. It, along with Halo are my two most favorate shooter franchises of all time. Since I don’t have as much time playing Halo than just learning about it for five years, I have much more nostalgia for Battlefront 2 on my PS2 (I diddn’t have an Xbox then), so this makes me very happy, because basically, without Battlefront, I wouldn’t be as into Halo as I am now.

Every time I play Battlefront I get nostalgia! I’m glad I’m not the only one!

> When we get a feature from Battlefront; praise all over the forums.
>
> When we get a feature from CoD; the forums go to war.
>
> OT: I really love this gametype too.

That’s because Battlefront was an overall better franchise, period.

> > When we get a feature from Battlefront; praise all over the forums.
> >
> > When we get a feature from CoD; the forums go to war.
> >
> > OT: I really love this gametype too.
>
> That’s because Battlefront was an overall better franchise, period.

This! In my opinion, atleast. ^.^

> > > I can’t believe it! Dominion is like Halo’s version of Conquest from Battlefront! Battlefront 2 is definitely in my Top 5 Favorite Games, up there with Halo! I personally think this will be a great gametype in Halo 4. Can’t wait!
> >
> > Battlefront is what got me into Sci fi shooters, console gaming, and FPSs overall. It, along with Halo are my two most favorate shooter franchises of all time. Since I don’t have as much time playing Halo than just learning about it for five years, I have much more nostalgia for Battlefront 2 on my PS2 (I diddn’t have an Xbox then), so this makes me very happy, because basically, without Battlefront, I wouldn’t be as into Halo as I am now.
>
> Every time I play Battlefront I get nostalgia! I’m glad I’m not the only one!

Galactic Conquest all day, playing on splitscreen with my brother as we dominate Rebel/Imperial/Republic/CIS troops were the best times of my early years of console gaming. I’ve never regretted getting Battlefront 2 since I first picked it out and bought it for $40.

> > > > I can’t believe it! Dominion is like Halo’s version of Conquest from Battlefront! Battlefront 2 is definitely in my Top 5 Favorite Games, up there with Halo! I personally think this will be a great gametype in Halo 4. Can’t wait!
> > >
> > > Battlefront is what got me into Sci fi shooters, console gaming, and FPSs overall. It, along with Halo are my two most favorate shooter franchises of all time. Since I don’t have as much time playing Halo than just learning about it for five years, I have much more nostalgia for Battlefront 2 on my PS2 (I diddn’t have an Xbox then), so this makes me very happy, because basically, without Battlefront, I wouldn’t be as into Halo as I am now.
> >
> > Every time I play Battlefront I get nostalgia! I’m glad I’m not the only one!
>
> Galactic Conquest all day, playing on splitscreen with my brother as we dominate Rebel/Imperial/Republic/CIS troops were the best times of my early years of console gaming. I’ve never regretted getting Battlefront 2 since I first picked it out and bought it for $40.

I know right? I got HUNDREDS of Endurances from playing so much. Too bad they didn’t sell Battlefront 3, even though they made it XP

Dude agreed Star wars battlefront 1 and 2 were two of my favorite childhood games they are amazing! Hopefully Dominion resembles it a lot.

> Dude agreed Star wars battlefront 1 and 2 were two of my favorite childhood games they are amazing! Hopefully Dominion resembles it a lot.

Here’s some similarities that can be pointed out between Dominion and Battlefront Galactic Conquest:

1.Base Captures.

2.Life counter, so an objective could be to eliminate the enemy team along side capturing the bases.

3.You spawn at a chosen base that is already captured.

1. Last stand mode where you get to kill off the enemy team before the timer runs out if your team captures all bases.

5.Fortify base (Battlefront 2’s Autoturrets and stationary turrets).

6.Spawn vehicles at base.

I’ve got a similar post :stuck_out_tongue:

https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postst114824_Domion--SWBF-Gametype.aspx

Never played it but that’s what a lot of other people have been saying on here and I’m guessing that’s a good thing.

yeah i cant wait till someone makes a battlefront gametype for this, I wonder if we’ll be able to ‘unlock’ new tiers of loadouts like in invasion based of kills so it could be like the unlock system in battlefront.

FOR THE REPUBLIC!!!

> Never played it but that’s what a lot of other people have been saying on here and I’m guessing that’s a good thing.

You should. Even if you aren’t a fan of Star Wars, it is still a very good game.

> > Dude agreed Star wars battlefront 1 and 2 were two of my favorite childhood games they are amazing! Hopefully Dominion resembles it a lot.
>
> Here’s some similarities that can be pointed out between Dominion and Battlefront Galactic Conquest:
>
> 1.Base Captures.
>
> 2.Life counter, so an objective could be to eliminate the enemy team along side capturing the bases.
>
> 3.You spawn at a chosen base that is already captured.
>
> 4. Last stand mode where you get to kill off the enemy team before the timer runs out if your team captures all bases.
>
> 5.Fortify base (Battlefront 2’s Autoturrets and stationary turrets).
>
> 6.Spawn vehicles at base.

To me at least the biggest thing about galactic conguest was meta game of earning money/points and using them to upgrade units and get “perks” for battle as you strategically took control of the galaxy. It also utterly lacks the space combat, which halo could replicate and improve upon so easily if it wanted to.

But i do agree there are some similatires and with forge we cld see some very unique maps for this gametype

> yeah i cant wait till someone makes a battlefront gametype for this, I wonder if we’ll be able to ‘unlock’ new tiers of loadouts like in invasion based of kills so it could be like the unlock system in battlefront.
>
> FOR THE REPUBLIC!!!

Kill those Rebels!
AFTER THE SPY!!!
Get the Rebels!!!

> > > Dude agreed Star wars battlefront 1 and 2 were two of my favorite childhood games they are amazing! Hopefully Dominion resembles it a lot.
> >
> > Here’s some similarities that can be pointed out between Dominion and Battlefront Galactic Conquest:
> >
> > 1.Base Captures.
> >
> > 2.Life counter, so an objective could be to eliminate the enemy team along side capturing the bases.
> >
> > 3.You spawn at a chosen base that is already captured.
> >
> > 4. Last stand mode where you get to kill off the enemy team before the timer runs out if your team captures all bases.
> >
> > 5.Fortify base (Battlefront 2’s Autoturrets and stationary turrets).
> >
> > 6.Spawn vehicles at base.
>
> To me at least the biggest thing about galactic conguest was meta game of earning money/points and using them to upgrade units and get “perks” for battle as you strategically took control of the galaxy. It also utterly lacks the space combat, which halo could replicate and improve upon so easily if it wanted to.
>
> But i do agree there are some similatires and with forge we cld see some very unique maps for this gametype

I was talking more around the similarities to the infantry warfare that was present primarilly in Battlefront 1 since there were no space battles till Battlefront 2.

> > > > Dude agreed Star wars battlefront 1 and 2 were two of my favorite childhood games they are amazing! Hopefully Dominion resembles it a lot.
> > >
> > > Here’s some similarities that can be pointed out between Dominion and Battlefront Galactic Conquest:
> > >
> > > 1.Base Captures.
> > >
> > > 2.Life counter, so an objective could be to eliminate the enemy team along side capturing the bases.
> > >
> > > 3.You spawn at a chosen base that is already captured.
> > >
> > > 4. Last stand mode where you get to kill off the enemy team before the timer runs out if your team captures all bases.
> > >
> > > 5.Fortify base (Battlefront 2’s Autoturrets and stationary turrets).
> > >
> > > 6.Spawn vehicles at base.
> >
> > To me at least the biggest thing about galactic conguest was meta game of earning money/points and using them to upgrade units and get “perks” for battle as you strategically took control of the galaxy. It also utterly lacks the space combat, which halo could replicate and improve upon so easily if it wanted to.
> >
> > But i do agree there are some similatires and with forge we cld see some very unique maps for this gametype
>
> I was talking more around the similarities to the infantry warfare that was present primarilly in Battlefront 1 since there were no space battles till Battlefront 2.

Got ya, I was thinking SWBF2

Starwars Space Battle Inspired Invasion Map