Domination Achievement Progress Regressing

Hi,
I’ve been working my way through the achievements in the MCC and I’ve had no problems up until this point. It’s taken a lot of time but as of now I have only 3 left (2,500 assists, 100 legendary medals, and 500 wins). I had not played in a few days and today (5/10/16) I was playing Halo 4 and earned a couple of Triple Double medals. I loaded up my achievement app to check my progress and was quite surprised to see my progress had gone from being in the 60% range to 43%. I checked my progress in the in-game tracker and there too it said that I was at 43. According to my “Medal Chest” I should be at 66 ( 1 Extermination, 1 Perfection, 52 Steacktaculars, and 12 Triple Doubles), a difference of 23 medals. My progress on assists and wins were unaffected and were where they should be. I’ve tried hard resetting my Xbox with no luck. I’ve read around and have seen other people have had this problem happen to them since the game has been out and was hopeful that it wouldn’t happen to me. It could have been a lot worse had the medal count been lowered even further or my other achievements affected, but it is still disappointing for something like this to happen.

I’m not sure what can be done to fix this but any help would be appreciated. It would be nice to not have to spend the time getting those medals again.

Thanks.
North Kai2

Same problem here with KOTH, double kills, grenades, domination & maybe a couple other ones. I’ve been reset 4 for sure (if not more, I track my achievements in Halo and always try to 100% each game).

The great news is, all of the in game medal counters are correct. So this achievement can easily be fixed with a simple patch. I have confidence that 343 will get it done eventually.

I will very likely never get these achievements unless this is fixed as I don’t have as much time to play anymore with life hitting harder.

I feel you! The Domination Achievement is the last MP one I need but it’s nearly impossible to get as the only game which supports legendary medals is Halo 2 Anniversary. Given that you need to enter the H2A playlist which only covers small rounds of 50 kills a game, the only medal you can aim for is steacktacular really.

If you play a lot, you hit a high level (Im hovering around 22 now) and thus you get paired with bad players who die 15 times a game, making a steaktackular nearly IMPOSSIBLEEE.
This and the fact I Should be at 75 medals but my progress reads 35…343, making these medals optainable in unranked and other halo games would help a lot!

What I’ve found is that the Legendary medals do work in multiple games but they don’t work in all of them. They don’t need to be in a ranked playlist either!

To explain I’ll go through what I know about each medal, some I know more about than others:

• Steacktaculars: work correctly in Halo 1 and Halo 2A. I’ve heard they work in Halo 2 classic but only if you get 20 kills. I don’t know how true that is and haven’t been able to confirm it. They do not work in Halo 3 and 4. My guess is they were always awarded on Bungie’s website in Halo 3 and never in game so that code wasn’t there and it was never added in. Same goes for Halo 4 where they were never an in game medal and it wasn’t added in MCC. Same goes for why assists in Halo 3 don’t count towards the achievement since there was never a medal for them even though it is tracked.
  • Killionaire: Should work in all games? This one I’m not sure on since I’ve not gotten one.
  • Exterminations: This one should work in all games but I’ve only gotten one in Halo 3 while playing swat.
  • Unfriggenbelievable: I’ve never gotten one of these either but I think the medal chest says it doesn’t work in Halo 3.
  • Perfection: Does not work in Halo 4 due to it being a commendation in the original game and not a medal. Should work fine in the others but I’ve only gotten one in Halo 2A
  • Triple Doubles: Most likely does not work in Halo 3 as it was another medal that was awarded on the website and not in game similar to the Steaktaculars but I can’t confirm it. They do work in Halo 4.

Originally when I started going for these I thought Steaks would be the easiest ones and was doing this in both Halo 2A and Halo 1. Along the way I got a few triple doubles but it was difficult to get the headshots and assists needed. I’ve changed my opinion on that and have found that Triple Doubles are a much more repeatable medal to get in Halo 4. I play the ranked Halo 4 playlist and recommend either capture the flag or regular team slayer as they are usually longer matches (team slayer goes to 60 instead of Legendary Slayer which goes to 50) giving you extra time to get the assists/headshots. Its also much easier to do this with a couple friends as you can call out who you are damaging and they can finish them off for the assists. Even while playing with randoms I have managed to get 10-11 medals in a night of playing whereas before I was getting around 2-4 steaktaculars in a similar amount of time. I was a rank 1 in Halo 4 when I started but am around an 18-19 now and while I can’t get them every game I get them much more consistently than Steaks. As an added bonus the Halo 4 games also seem to go a bit faster!

Right now my medal count is: 1 Extermination, 1 Perfection, 52 Steaktaculars, and 41 Triple Doubles. Bringing my total count to 95 and then 72 after you take out the 23 I was set back. This is my last achievement in the game and I’m hoping to get it soon.

I do agree that if the medals that are tied to achievements were standard across all games it would be much easier, I’ll throw assists in there too as it was frustrating that they didn’t count in Halo 3. Hopefully this information helps you out!

Wow great post! I had a feeling about a lot you mentioned, after so many months of hunting. Glad to have it confirmed!

What I did not know is that TD work on 4! Halo 4 is actually my favorite and strongest multiplayer, so this is fantastic news!! Great advice that I’m going to follow definitely!

Thanks a lot man and good luck

Had my progress for Legendary Medals, Killjoys, and Grenade kills regressed quite a few times which is why I got rid of the game. I have multiple screen shots where my in game medal tracker doesn’t match my achievement tracker in game.

This is a common issue and even affected myself. When I contacted 343i, they did sort of fix it. What happened was that the achievements, which were being tracked server-side, showed a lower amount of medals than I had, just as what happened to you guys. This was due to several XBL downages that were repeatedly occurring at the time. The fix was to greatly increase random stats, such as victories and time played. I lost 150 Killjoys, but then randomly gained 220. I also randomly unlocked the 300-500 win achievements while playing a game of CE. I’ll contact 343 again to let them know this issue has resurfaced.

Cizlin, thanks for bringing this to their attention. I unlocked this achievement a couple of weeks ago but it would be great to see a fix of some sort rolled out for those that haven’t! By the sound of things if a permanent fix isn’t available, the tricky part will be to know if and when the issue comes up again and then reacting accordingly. I know very little about game design but I have a question if you’d be able to answer. Would it be possible to have the medal related achievements that have had issues link directly to the corresponding values in the matchmaking section of the medal chest? The reason I ask is the values in the medal chest were correct even after the achievement progress was set back and by setting them equal to the medal chest values I think it would cause less issues. This wouldn’t account for medals that were earned prior to when the achievements were released but I don’t think it is a bad thing to give people credit for what they’ve done. Its perfectly fine if you can’t answer that, I just thought I would throw the idea out there! Thanks again!

> 2533274807367427;8:
> Cizlin, thanks for bringing this to their attention. I unlocked this achievement a couple of weeks ago but it would be great to see a fix of some sort rolled out for those that haven’t! By the sound of things if a permanent fix isn’t available, the tricky part will be to know if and when the issue comes up again and then reacting accordingly. I know very little about game design but I have a question if you’d be able to answer. Would it be possible to have the medal related achievements that have had issues link directly to the corresponding values in the matchmaking section of the medal chest? The reason I ask is the values in the medal chest were correct even after the achievement progress was set back and by setting them equal to the medal chest values I think it would cause less issues. This wouldn’t account for medals that were earned prior to when the achievements were released but I don’t think it is a bad thing to give people credit for what they’ve done. Its perfectly fine if you can’t answer that, I just thought I would throw the idea out there! Thanks again!

Well, if they could make the servers on Microsoft’s side use those values at all times, as opposed to updating the numbers, but then having some weird algorithm/bug that subtracts a certain amount from each medal count. It shouldn’t be too difficult to fix once the issue is found, but, as I can say from personal experience, finding the bug is 99% of the problem.

Also, the medal achievements were supposed to count all medals earned in the game, not just those since the achievements came out. These specific achievements are really buggy, though.

The lack of care 343 has shown in achievements working properly since taking over has been demoralizing as a Halo completionist.

> 2533274804898926;10:
> The lack of care 343 has shown in achievements working properly since taking over has been demoralizing as a Halo completionist.

I agree. Its very depressing.

I have the problem me too for legendary medals and grenades kills.
33% → 2%
400 kills → 33 kills
So bad…

I really want to see this patched. I’d be close to having his game 100% complete my progress hadn’t been reset so much.

Its also a very easy patch, just have the achievement look at medals earned.

I’m experiencing the same problem. I heard rumors that progress on these achievements gets reset because the servers think that so many medals must mean that you’re boosting to get them.

I’m currently sitting at 1 Perfection, 40 Steaktaculars, and 24 Triple-Doubles. My achievement progress should put me at 65%, but instead it shows it as 7%. This is absolutely ridiculous, and only leads me to want to actually boost to get them. If this issue isn’t fixed soon, I’ll likely go down that route.

Similarly, my grenade kills achievement progress bar has me at 9%, whereas I have 348 grenade kill medals. I also have 465 melee kill medals, which should have completed the Dim Mak achievement, but I’m only at 68% in the achievement progress bar on that one. My killjoy achievement should have already popped as well, and I believe my KOTH achievement is also messed up. Please fix this.

Dim mak is for Beatdowns only. You have to kill someone from behind. Note that you can do this in Spartan Ops. I’ll see about notifying 343 in regards to the rest of the cheevos, though.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>

yes

Just wanted to point out this is still an issue. The only achievements I don’t have are the ones that have reset a couple times.

Please update so the achievement looks to medals earned instead of whatever it’s looking at now.

Just lost 1% on Domination, 4% on Party Pooper, and 3% on Catch This. Nothing like going backwards on achievements that are such a grind already.

Haven’t had this problem myself but I’ve heard this is a problem others are having

Still an issue. Please patch! Just point the achievements towards medals earned in matchmaking!