Domain and Absolute Record.

Hey guys, I just had a quick question / theory. Could the Domain and the Absolute Record be the same place? Given how little we know about the Absolute Record, could they potentially have a connection if they are not the same place? Thanks in advance!

(Note, I do not know all to much about the Domain.)

The Domain isn’t a physical place. It’s basically a galaxy-spanning magic internet that was generated by Precursor architecture.

> 2533274848433317;2:
> The Domain isn’t a physical place. It’s basically a galaxy-spanning magic internet that was generated by Precursor architecture.

Hmm, then could the domain be opened from the Absolute Record? Or be accessed or what not from it?

All forerunners could access it through their ancilla, which would block portions of it off until they had their first mutation. Think off it as all the knowledge of the forerunners at your finger tips with just a wish for it. The absolute record is just a map to everything they ever built. I am taking a guess they erased it from the domain in case the flood had the ability to access it.

Also, the Domain has been largely if not entirely destroyed by the activation of the Halo Array. Being a Precursor design, it operated on neural-physics: that meant the Halo Array effectively erased it from existence. This revelation occurs at the end of Silentium.

In Halo 4, when you find the terminals, Cortana suggests they’re trying to reach out to the domain but there’s interference (or something - it’s been awhile since I heard the quote). This suggests the Domain may still be operating in some fragmented level (also worth noting because of the recent Game Informer article quote by Cortana).

All in all, the existence of the Domain in the present is very suspect at worst, fragmented at best. Such a beautiful incorporeal database, lost. Tragic.