Doing the math for Spartan Ops.

So, Old info but it says there are 50 Spartan Ops missions over 10 weeks

And something around 12+ hours of gameplay in total.

So 12 hours=720 minutes

720/50=14.4 minutes (average).

Now that’s not TOO MUCH. However, I’m sure with Heroic, Legendary, Skulls and so on it can change.

14.4 minutes is pretty much the average If each level is the same.

So I’m guessing each week will have something like this

1=Long, Big Level

3=Small Levels

1=Mid sized level

(And so on)

Spartan Ops>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Whut?

That sounds satisfying.

If 343 can pull 12 hours of fun for Campaign + Spartan OPS I will get a huge -Yoink!- for Halo 4.

Yet. I believe it will be more like this

Average Campaign-6-8 hours (average)

Average Spartan Ops-14.4 minutes each (12 hours total)

Total Average Time (not counting weeks waiting for missions) 18-20 hours)

That’s a pretty large amount of time for the first season, I think. Don’t wanna overdue it.

Heh, and this is just the first season. Think about if they have a second or third.

I love this idea. A “series” like this is exactly what people like me (hearty fans of the story as well as gameplay) need; something that gives us continuous new insight into the story while we wait for the “big” stuff like novels and games to come out months apart.

Scoops of ice-cream to keep us satisfied before the cake. Unless you like ice-cream better, in which case it’s pieces of cake before the tub. Or maybe cupcakes. Eh.

It’s a very good idea from 343i that will do severals good things, make the game attractive, sell more, prevent second-hand seals, give that “plus” to gold users, keep the interest of people, expand or introduce the halo lore to the games, try new mechanics or dynamics from levels that didn’t do it to be in Halo 4 ‘main’ campaign…

If they can prevent the Mission from beign repetitive, they will score.

I just hope the missions will be similar to campaign. I don’t want it to be “Grab the core and return to the dropship”.

I hope they give people a reason to want to go back and try it with more friends or complete them on legendary or with skulls. I’m just afraid that it’ll be like the firefight in ODST. I had a lot of fun with them and getting all the achievements in them with friends but once I had finished all the firefight achievements, I really didn’t care to go back and just mess around.

> If 343 can pull 12 hours of fun for Campaign + Spartan OPS I will get a huge -Yoink!- for Halo 4.
>
> Yet. I believe it will be more like this
>
> <mark>Average Campaign-6-8 hours</mark> (average)
>
> Average Spartan Ops-14.4 minutes each (12 hours total)
>
> Total Average Time (not counting weeks waiting for missions) 18-20 hours)

Actually, I believe that 343 has stated that they were seeking to make the campaign longer than previous iterations, so it could be double that- or more. Here’s hoping Spartan Ops can provide some variety that makes each mission unique, and not some firefight on rails.

> Here’s hoping Spartan Ops can provide some variety that makes each mission unique, and not some firefight on rails.

This.

The ‘Spartan’ in Spartan Ops concerns me. I hope it doesn’t mean that there it’ll be just players vs. enemies. I want to see friendly AI implemented, not scrapped (Installation 04 was a test, not a finished product).

Also, I hope enemies don’t alternate with each mission.

It’d be boring fighting only 1 faction at a time. 2-3 way battles were the highlights of CE’s later missions. And let’s not forget about H2 Oracle, Quarantine Zone, Gravemind, and High Charity. H3 and Reach were lacking these kind of battles and felt incredibly one-sided. Flood vs. Covenant was only possible on The Covenant if enemies were left intact while Guta vs. Covies in Reach is not very exciting.

Finally, static teams are boring. I’d like to see some prioritization/good sense of judgment. One such mission could have the Covies making a truce and helping us get to the objective then turning on us (after the cinematic).

I would like friendly A.I. I’m sure some missions will have em. Yet we have 10 weeks of it to play and wait, so we don’t know WHAT we are in store.

> That’s a pretty large amount of time for the first season, I think. Don’t wanna overdue it.

12 hours a week? As long as it is fun, that shouldn’t be bad at all.

> If 343 can pull 12 hours of fun for Campaign + Spartan OPS I will get a huge -Yoink!- for Halo 4.
>
> Yet. I believe it will be more like this
>
> Average Campaign-6-8 hours (average)
>
> Average Spartan Ops-14.4 minutes each (12 hours total)
>
> Total Average Time (not counting weeks waiting for missions) 18-20 hours)

That’s above the majority of FPS games out currently. With the Spartan Ops, that’ll bring plenty of side-lines game-play, with tactics and team-work against AIs who I’d put on Heroic with skulls.

> > That’s a pretty large amount of time for the first season, I think. Don’t wanna overdue it.
>
> 12 hours a week? As long as it is fun, that shouldn’t be bad at all.

Lol 12 hours total for 1st season of Spops, not 12 hours a week.

Wow that’s pretty awesome.

That’s even longer than your average Halo campaign!

I sincerely hope 343i can pull this off, it certainly has the potential to be a great game-mode. Does anyone know how long Halo 4’s campaign’s gonna be? Just curious.

I feel that 343 has become an artistic group that cares about the stories they tell, mainly because of Spartan Ops, people who truly care about there games don’t care about the money it makes, but more about the happiness of their customers. However that doesn’t mean they can give away games for free because they still have to cover production costs and all that.