Doesn't feel like you own the maps

I know it sounds weird but it’s like you bought the game and the campaign and maps are on the disc on in your Xbox so you own them now but if you didn’t have Xbox live cause of outage or couldnt afford to renew at the time or whatever the reason may be then you can’t even go to custome games or the maps. Just pretend you didn’t have Xbox live at the moment, wouldn’t it be nice to know you can go to the maps and maybe forge in the mean time. I just think custome games and forge should not require Xbox live. Not cause I’m cheap cause I will always have Xbox live but it’s just fair thing to do. So it’s like we own the maps but can’t access them unless we have live. Anyone else feel the same.

Captain Grammar’s brain is exploding. Please use paragraphs! Plus it doesn’t bother me, as I bought Halo 5 knowing multiplayer was essentially online only.

I agree. The dependency on Live was a bad decision.

Microsoft is probably forcing them to do it this way since the DLC maps are gonna be free.

Not defending it, but that’s what I think some of their reasoning is.

We don’t own the maps.
343i and Microsoft do.
The only maps you own is forge maps.

> 2533274953605875;5:
> We don’t own the maps.
> 343i and Microsoft do.
> The only maps you own is forge maps.

No what he is saying is that in 15 years or so, if you decide to relive this barring an anniversary edition the game will not function as intended to. The serves will likely be down and the multiplayer will not function.

Exactaly rite xero link

> 2533274814424955;2:
> Captain Grammar’s brain is exploding. Please use paragraphs! Plus it doesn’t bother me, as I bought Halo 5 knowing multiplayer was essentially online only.

Pretty sure you mean sentences and 4-6 sentences is usually one paragraph so I’m not sure what you are yelling about.

> 2783251376874809;6:
> > 2533274953605875;5:
> > We don’t own the maps.
> > 343i and Microsoft do.
> > The only maps you own is forge maps.
>
>
> No what he is saying is that in 15 years or so, if you decide to relive this barring an anniversary edition the game will not function as intended to. The serves will likely be down and the multiplayer will not function.

Basically, down the line this game will have no replayability other than campaign so it would be a game that would stack dust since there’s no point in playing especially if you wanted to give this to your kids or grand kids some day it would be useless.

> 2783251376874809;6:
> > 2533274953605875;5:
> > We don’t own the maps.
> > 343i and Microsoft do.
> > The only maps you own is forge maps.
>
>
> No what he is saying is that in 15 years or so, if you decide to relive this barring an anniversary edition the game will not function as intended to. The serves will likely be down and the multiplayer will not function.

Yeah, and that is going to be an issue. Hopefully once they finish all of the dlc they patch in a fix for that, so I can return to the game for the sake of nostalgia alone.

> 2533274831364893;9:
> > 2783251376874809;6:
> > > 2533274953605875;5:
> > > We don’t own the maps.
> > > 343i and Microsoft do.
> > > The only maps you own is forge maps.
> >
> >
> > No what he is saying is that in 15 years or so, if you decide to relive this barring an anniversary edition the game will not function as intended to. The serves will likely be down and the multiplayer will not function.
>
>
> Yeah, and that is going to be an issue. Hopefully once they finish all of the dlc they patch in a fix for that, so I can return to the game for the sake of nostalgia alone.

Ya I hope they patch it so that custom and forge don’t require Xbox live. I don’t expect that to be at the top of there list of patches but maybe one day they will.

That’s the problem though, patches are what cause this mess. Try playing halo 2 and getting the final two maps released. There is a disc that has update 1.1 and all maps up to the final pack but actually getting the last update and maps is borderline impossible without mods.