Does your voice impact Halo's future?

I’ve read plenty of interesting articles on Waypoint since I signed up last year. Some people have great ideas while others are less desirable. I’ve seen constructive and harsh criticisms. I’ve even written my own articles expressing my own concerns and appreciations.

But no matter how many hundreds of articles or comments or videos or opinions that are written by the community, there is no direct cooperation between the community and the developers concerning important issues and discussions. The community is basically at civil war right now trying to sort itself out while behind the scenes, is 343 actually listening to any of us, or have they closed the door on us all? It feels like the important issues are discarded by them and respond by insisting you pay more attention to receiving an update for Halo 5 than address something serious.

Such important topics involve the return of Playable Elites, and after already having Halo 4 without them, Halo 5 followed the same path. Was 343 actually listening? This is just one example.

On the other hand, 343 is adding in Firefight to Halo 5. So are they really listening to us? Or is it a distraction?

So I wanted to know, how much impact do you as a person have on shaping Halo’s future? Does 343 actually consider your opinions? Do they understand your concerns? Or are you pushed to the side?

Tell me, do you believe that you or we can shape Halo? Or is it meaningless?

Just because they do not add in something that the community is asking for, does not mean that they ignore everything. They have a reason behind adding or not adding something, wether it be because of gameplay reasons or inflating the req system. We know that they do listen, with firefight being the most obvious example. They had no plans for it until WE requsted a PVE mode. They removed some traits of spartans that made them seem not militaristic (endgame victory bumping), brightened the game up, not removing grifball, and other things that I cant name off the top of my head. I have full confidence that they DO infact listen, but they dont act on everything, specifically the more ridiculous requests.

In a word? No, unfortunately while we as the community can make requests and recommendations to 343 on waypoint and other various outlets, at the end of the day we will have little to no influence on what the design team decides to do with halo

Probably not since whenever someone actually puts up criticism, we get sarcastic comments from others in response.

I often wonder how many people actually think about how playable elites would be implemented in matchmaking, they just wouldn’t work.

I believe we can, at least 343 should be listening. Bungie sure did

Just me no. People like me and wanting the same thing, yes.

No it definitely 343 will only listen if we moan loud enough but even sometimes they choose to ignore the moaning. It’s unfortunate but it’s what we have to deal with. Also

You used the word future

> 2533274808132968;2:
> Just because they do not add in something that the community is asking for, does not mean that they ignore everything. They have a reason behind adding or not adding something, wether it be because of gameplay reasons or inflating the req system. We know that they do listen, with firefight being the most obvious example. They had no plans for it until WE requsted a PVE mode. They removed some traits of spartans that made them seem not militaristic (endgame victory bumping), brightened the game up, not removing grifball, and other things that I cant name off the top of my head. I have full confidence that they DO infact listen, but they dont act on everything, specifically the more ridiculous requests.

The best way to fix the REQ system is to make it the Reach Armory Credit system (RAC… Because reasons, that’s why.)

> 2535414369351666;1:
> I’ve read plenty of interesting articles on Waypoint since I signed up last year. Some people have great ideas while others are less desirable. I’ve seen constructive and harsh criticisms. I’ve even written my own articles expressing my own concerns and appreciations.
>
> But no matter how many hundreds of articles or comments or videos or opinions that are written by the community, there is no direct cooperation between the community and the developers concerning important issues and discussions. The community is basically at civil war right now trying to sort itself out while behind the scenes, is 343 actually listening to any of us, or have they closed the door on us all? It feels like the important issues are discarded by them and respond by insisting you pay more attention to receiving an update for Halo 5 than address something serious.
>
> Such important topics involve the return of Playable Elites, and after already having Halo 4 without them, Halo 5 followed the same path. Was 343 actually listening? This is just one example.
>
> On the other hand, 343 is adding in Firefight to Halo 5. So are they really listening to us? Or is it a distraction?
>
> So I wanted to know, how much impact do you as a person have on shaping Halo’s future? Does 343 actually consider your opinions? Do they understand your concerns? Or are you pushed to the side?
>
> Tell me, do you believe that you or we can shape Halo? Or is it meaningless?

Yes i do believe they do listen to the community but i don’t believe they look at the waypoint forums because have you seen all these people who feel like they know how to make a video game or run a company they feel entitled to everything thats why the reddit forums are better they just dont say,“343 bad bungie good.” Personally if your smart and not a caveman go to the reddit forums thats why bravo and unysheck are there more often then here.

Edit:Oh and they actually give constructive criticism compared to here.

Sadly, I don’t think the voices of any fans are going to be enough for 343i to salvage the corner Halo has been put in to by the groan-worthy decisions made in H5’s story… I’m just going to consider H4 my last Halo game because I don’t see how any impact can be made at this point. One step backwards, three steps back, is how the direction of the story feels, now.

Playable elites is garbage. Good riddance!

> 2628440139686205;12:
> Playable elites is garbage. Good riddance!

Someone who is like me I mean elites don’t have variety at all.

players voice obviously impacted halo. its why halo is catered to casuals now instead of still being as competitive as it used to be

My voice? Maybe if I use my Customer Service Voice™, it could. Otherwise, I sound too whiny.

What about emblems being a third unlock. That means they’re listening a little bit.

> 2535414369351666;1:
> there is no direct cooperation between the community and the developers

It should but the fanboys make sure any valid criticism is ignored.

Got something about how Halo 6 could improve upon halo 5. Well too bad because prepare for idiots who will rip your opinions apart and say halo 5 is perfect and nothing needs changing.
Want the req system toned down to make it player friendly… well too bad it should be even worse if that means we get dlc in the form of free worthless updates.
Think the campaign is horrible… well prepare for defenders to say it’s good… and that’s it.

> 2533274792908878;17:
> > 2535414369351666;1:
> > there is no direct cooperation between the community and the developers

Haha every time someone says something like this I just wait for the inevitable GIF