Does this worry anybody else? (Campaign)

From the game informer screenshots I have seen, it appears that John acquires the new battle rifle inside the Forward Unto Dawn, which of course… is impossible, seeing how him and cortana have been away from human contact for 4 years.

Hopefully Its just a place holder for the demo they showed gameinformer, and not them trying to claim that “the art style is different”. I would much rather beat down a grunt take his weapon and fight from then on using covenant weapons until chief has contact with the UNSC or ONI.

Using Covenant Weapons until I get Human contact would be awsome. But if Cortana can improve Johns Suit in Cryostat, cant she do the same for weapons?

The aesthetic changes to the Battle Rifle aren’t canon any more than the upgraded graphics are.

The battle rifle isn’t a new version it’s just been graphically enhanced.

> From the game informer screenshots I have seen, it appears that John acquires the new battle rifle inside the Forward Unto Dawn, which of course… is impossible, seeing how him and cortana have been away from human contact for 4 years.
>
>
> Hopefully Its just a place holder for the demo they showed gameinformer, and not them trying to claim that “the art style is different”. I would much rather beat down a grunt take his weapon and fight from then on using covenant weapons until chief has contact with the UNSC or ONI.

The problem ? Who,s to say that br was not on the FUD before John.

> Using Covenant Weapons until I get Human contact would be awsome. But if Cortana can improve Johns Suit in Cryostat, cant she do the same for weapons?

She changed the firmware. 343i are basically saying that MC has been wearing that armour since Halo 2.

As for the new BR, it’s either a new model or 343i has retconned the old BR to have always looked like that.

MC sleeps with the BR under his pillow

Pffft, that’s nothing compared to John waking up in his new armor. I hope that is a placeholder.

I understand that Annoying but how will they explain it when up to date soldiers are prancing about using the same rifle for FOUR YEARS, anyway,they dont HAVE to give you human weapons right off the bat, they could actually have it make sense and force you to use covie weapons for a portion of the game, I for one think it would be fresher than HEY U! U AR HUMEN! DO NO US THES ALION GUNZ TEY IS NO GOOD HER HAV HUMEN GUN.

but of course this is my opinion, nothing I say will change anything, but I would like to put my opinion out here

It`s not a graphical update The Halo 3 Br is BR-55 the Halo 4 Br is the BR-85.Its a different gun. It would be cool to use the Halo 2-3 br until we find the new one.

I love the idea of starting the game with covenant weapons until you find human ones. Would add a great atmosphere of survival and desperation!

> It`s not a graphical update The Halo 3 Br is BR-55 the Halo 4 Br is the BR-85.Its a different gun. It would be cool to use the Halo 2-3 br until we find the new one.

No, it’ the same BR55. look at it’s name on top of the model.

> Pffft, that’s nothing compared to John waking up in his new armor. I hope that is a placeholder.

ITS A NEW ART DESIGN! Seriously, its Mk VI, its just a new art design that 454 used. Hence the elites changed appearance, the BRs changed appearance, Cortanas changed appearance…

Seriously.

> > Pffft, that’s nothing compared to John waking up in his new armor. I hope that is a placeholder.
>
> ITS A NEW ART DESIGN! Seriously, its Mk VI, its just a new art design that 454 used. Hence the elites changed appearance, the BRs changed appearance, Cortanas changed appearance…
>
> Seriously.

You might want to change that to 343 instead of 454…just saying. I guess some people want Halo 4 with Halo 2 graphics so that it ‘looks right’…

YES!
The only reason i was going to play halo 4 was to be able to use other weapons onboard the Dawn but now that i will have to use an out of canon BR means that the whole experience is ruined!

I’m going with the whole place holder idea. Remember in the legendary ending, Chief latched down an assault rifle next to his cryo pod. Maybe he uses that instead.

> > It`s not a graphical update The Halo 3 Br is BR-55 the Halo 4 Br is the BR-85.Its a different gun. It would be cool to use the Halo 2-3 br until we find the new one.
>
> No, it’ the same BR55. look at it’s name on top of the model.

> The BR85HB Service Rifle is a gas-operated, magazine-fed semi-automatic rifle optimized for three-round-burst firing, and proven to be extraordinarily effective against dissipative energy shielding on both exotic and domestic armor types. Performance-wise, the Battle Rifle is hitscan (meaning the effect is immediate), it features a scope attachment (x2), and it has recoil in its current tuning (rising slightly when fired but in a suppressible way). It doesn’t have bloom, the rhythm feels good when firing it, and it can be used for longer-range engagement.

Link

Halo Reach’s MA37 Assault Rifle said “MA5C” on the side of it (which is the Halo 3 Assault Rifle), but it’s still the MA37.

I’m pretty sure 343 are just going to use the new BR instead of the old one, even if the Dawn didn’t have any. There’s no point in adding the old BR into the game just for one mission.

In the words of Bungie: ‘IT’S JUST A GAME!!!’

Why do you need an explanation for EVERY! BLOODY! DETAIL!? It’s just sad! Get the hell over it and accept that things change (FOR THE BETTER!!!) without a twenty minute story behind it!

GOOD DAY, SIR!!

Bottom line, you have been frozen in the same half of a frigate for years, but its still a warship and its bound to have human weapons in it. I mean in the H3 legendary ending he stows his Assault Rifle right next to him in a rack of some kind. He is going to have human weapons available to him in the human ship that he is in :stuck_out_tongue: