Does the radar work? [Radar Issue Topic]

I noticed players were beating me down without showing up on the radar. I thought I was crazy, but others are getting the same thing. Then I assumed that the radar was too short. However, the players still weren’t showing up on the radar, no matter how close they were. I should’ve created video for myself, but someone else made the video. This video is extremely helpful. Increasing the radar range would be very helpful too. My concern is the radar not working properly.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/716424-halo-5-guardians/72737471

You can see that he never shows up on the radar. For those who assume he is crouching, he wasn’t. Look at the other video.
http://xboxclips.com/OneShotConflict/8426f221-7ea0-41e9-b17b-f5549d6f1458

Now, you see the other player was not crouching at all. He was moving normally, and still didn’t show up on the radar.
http://xboxclips.com/OneShotConflict/0d86a397-ec1b-46a1-a93a-99e6f6bd7c56

This problem happens almost every game now. I hope it gets resolved quickly. Has anyone noticed this problem?

Monitor? Care to help me to get attention? I know you guys hate bumping.

You only show up on the radar if you are sprinting/using a “spartan ability”, so to answer your question, the radar is broken…

People still show up on the radar when they’re moving normally, but other times, they won’t show up. It’s inconsistent. That’s a not a good thing to have. Broken, it seems. More like half broken.

That’s rather flawed. However normal movement shows up on my tracker, however I have had issues with no seeing people on it. The whole 18m is just off putting considering its always been 25m

Weird. You had no problems? I’ve had a lot of issues of other players not showing up on the radar. Normal movement, sprinting, and thrusters don’t show up some times. Most of the time, it works, at least.

Radar range is a mear 18m not enought to tell you if someone is in the same room as you. Combine this with movement speeds and that is what is happening.
They changed it from 25m (a reasonable distance) to 18m since theh realized people relied on it alot while new players never looked at it. Its basically an attempt to even the field that needs to go back to what it was.

The radar is absolute garbage. It might as well not even be there. I get shot and the back and assassinated more than I die to straight up gun fights. How do I go from winning a game of rumble to being killed from behind 8 deaths in a row?

If it’s true you only show up on radar when using spartan abilities or sprinting that’s complete -Yoink-, that’s not how radar has always worked.

> 2533274870591903;7:
> Radar range is a mear 18m not enought to tell you if someone is in the same room as you. Combine this with movement speeds and that is what is happening.
> They changed it from 25m (a reasonable distance) to 18m since theh realized people relied on it alot while new players never looked at it. Its basically an attempt to even the field that needs to go back to what it was.

Umm, not sure if that is true. Then, explain why players run around you for a 2 seconds, and then you were assassinated because nothing triggered a red dot.

Normal movement shows up after they finish shooting/sprinting/using a spartan ability as a kind of 3 second delay thing. It’s just another attempt by 343 to close the skill gap so casual players will buy the game and only stay on it for a month, give a good review and never play again. They have once again screwed over their fanbase.

Yes it is broken. I always keep an eye on the radar out of 14 years of habit. So when I get assassinated by someone moving full speed but somehow not showing up on the radar, I get angry. This is worse than Halo 4’s active camo bug.

> 2533274920452797;10:
> Normal movement shows up after they finish shooting/sprinting/using a spartan ability as a kind of 3 second delay thing. It’s just another attempt by 343 to close the skill gap so casual players will buy the game and only stay on it for a month, give a good review and never play again. They have once again screwed over their fanbase.

What makes you say that? 343 wants people to keep playing. The radar was a mistake, and I’m sure 343 will fix it.

> 2533274963187769;11:
> Yes it is broken. I always keep an eye on the radar out of 14 years of habit. So when I get assassinated by someone moving full speed but somehow not showing up on the radar, I get angry. This is worse than Halo 4’s active camo bug.

Oh yes, it’s way worse than the active camo bug.

One of the major things I noticed is that if you are crouching and moving up a ramp, it will no longer show you on the radar. In previous Halos, you couldn’t crouch walk up inclines at max speed or else you would have given away your position.

Another annoying thing, in addition to the radar not reading out far enough, is that the blips that show up are not scaled proportionately to how far it reads. This makes it look like everybody is further away and moving much faster than they are. This is making the radar a huge distraction.

So I haven’t been going crazy thinking that the radar was broke?

This is what 343i said. I think it’s okay to have a decent sized radar for better players to use.

> The motion tracker, or radar, featured a giant 30-meter range in the Beta. We felt that this negatively affected the game for a few reasons, but the big one was that players of all skill levels relied too heavily on the big radar range. Lesser skilled players never looked at it, the higher skilled players always looked at it, and the top level players did both as they quickly learned the maps and understood where everyone was by a quick glance at the radar. So we’ve decided to drastically reduce the range of the radar down to 18 meters. The radar has now become less of a motion tracker that sees through multiple rooms and is now more of a combat tracker that promotes engagement. If someone shows up on your radar, they are REALLY close and a fight is about to go down. This is something that we feel is in line with our equal starts philosophy where everyone at all skill levels and competition will be playing the same game.

It does for me

Radar is absolute trash in this game. 25m is perfect, players now should learn how I learnt when I first player Halo. I hardly looked but learnt quickly to use it if I were to have a chance. Complete garbage now, I don’t even have time to turn and shot before I get beat down

All we need a 25M radar. The game is played with joysticks and there for takes longer and is highly inconvenient to check all your blind spots. thats what radar is for. it’s also what makes the halo experience halo and not just another shooter. the range is so short that if you do notice them on radar coming at you its already too late. you need your radar so you can look in two places at once. have your eyes and gun here and your attention and awareness there.

they are going to change it right? everyone is complaining hard core.
I think and hope they will. halo’s always have gotten updates; remember halo 2 before the update for nades and beatdowns?
they will do the right thing wont they?

> 2533274887410089;1:
> I noticed players were beating me down without showing up on the radar. I thought I was crazy, but others are getting the same thing. Then I assumed that the radar was too short. However, the players still weren’t showing up on the radar, no matter how close they were. I should’ve created video for myself, but someone else made the video. This video is extremely helpful. Increasing the radar range would be very helpful too. My concern is the radar not working properly.
>
> Can somebody watch this clip and tell me... - Halo 5: Guardians
>
> You can see that he never shows up on the radar. For those who assume he is crouching, he wasn’t. Look at the other video.
> http://xboxclips.com/OneShotConflict/8426f221-7ea0-41e9-b17b-f5549d6f1458
>
> Now, you see the other player was not crouching at all. He was moving normally, and still didn’t show up on the radar.
> http://xboxclips.com/OneShotConflict/0d86a397-ec1b-46a1-a93a-99e6f6bd7c56
>
> This problem happens almost every game now. I hope it gets resolved quickly. Has anyone noticed this problem?

There is clear evidence here that the radar is broken. i hope this will be fixed soon!