Does the "quality" of Halo Infinite properly reflect the quality of other MSFT products?

Looking at the quality of Halo Infinite (broken BTB, no co-op campaign, no repeating individual parts of the campaign, and the list goes on) do you think Microsoft customers should see this as a writing on the wall about the quality of other Microsoft products like Azure, Office (365), or MS-SQL?

For years 343i offered us product launches that rank among the worst in the gaming world. Luckily, 343i hasn’t hit the jackpot the same way Bungie did with their harddisk erasing Myth installer.
On the other hand Bungie learned and never did something as epic as that ever again.

Unfortunately, every Halo launch since 343i runs the show seems to have something in common.
I wonder whether there actually is something called QA ???

I’d say it about matches the quality of Windows ME

2 Likes

Apparently they have internal and external QA teams.

I spent some time yesterday defending the failure of a hotfix but after trying it out further, the game is now more broken then ever.

Even 4v4 games are now having connection issues. The desync is somehow noticeably worse. The matchmaking is somehow worse. I was placed in a game earlier as a diamond 5 against a full onyx team that had 1700+ ratings. one was almost 1900.

Ive since requested the moderators to remove my posts under Article 17 of the GDPR Act as I don’t want it on record that i actually defended them.

I’m honestly left scratching my head… The game was in a pretty bad shape prior to the patch, I’m actually lost as to how they managed to make multiple aspects of it worse while claiming it to have been thoroughly tested. I know for a fact if I screwed up constantly and consistently at my job like 343 seem to, id be filling in an unemployment form.

There is no way in hell that the hotfix was tested as thoroughly as it was implied. They might have booted it to the title screen and noticed the executable worked but beyond that… it clearly wasn’t thoroughly tested.

1 Like

Darn that was so cruel of you to remind me of that one LOL

Years of therapy - gone LOL

But 100 points for this very accurate comparison!

The quality of matchmaking and updates do not reflect the high standard we have come to expect from AAA studios.

If I play a game like Call of Duty or Fortnite, there are minimal issues, frequent updates and quick resolve to issues.

Weirdly enough a bunch of games have failed recently on multiplayer issues being quickly resolved, see Battlefield, Splitgate and Halo.

“recently” is a nice word for more than a decade of multiplayer “issues” in

• Halo 4
  • Halo 5
  • Halo MCC
  • Halo Infinite

Somehow it seems it is actually getting worse each time

Tbh, I know this is off topic, but I think this may set a precedent for the quality of first party games on gamepass. Just meh, mediocre games justified because “cmon, it’s free br0” or, “you’re paying just 15$ per month and get all these games!!” Games as a service might kill gaming, but I may just be an out-of-touch boomer who doesn’t “get” it. Idk.

Halo Infinite is just meh. I can tell there’s some passion and spirit in there, well somewhere, but the game is lackluster and quite frankly boring. I can’t even make it through the campaign. And that has only happened with Halo 5 where I struggled to play it and it took me like 8 months to even finish it.

1 Like

the gamepass situation may explain the horrible campaign.

no gamepass needed for multiplayer and I don’t know which one to say is worse of the two.

1 Like