Does the population count really matter?

The way I see it, as long as you can get into a game, then there isn’t a problem.

Yeah it matters.

If the game doesn’t do well, I would imagine they’d get less of a budget for the next sequel, hell there might not even be a sequel if the game does that poorly.

In order for a business to thrive, it needs to take care of the consumer.
If the game has a higher population count, the company has done a good job taking care of the consumer.
If the game has a lower population count, the company hasn’t done a good job taking care of the consumer.

Think of it from the consumer’s point of view. With a larger community, more of my friends will be playing the game, and it’ll be easier to find parties to play with. With a lower population, more of your friends will be on other games like BO2.

Lastly, while there are some people saying “Halo 4 is great just look at its opening sales!”, that is due largely in part by a previously established fan base (Thanks to Bungie, which 343 doesn’t get to take credit for), or advertising. In other words, a higher starting population is expected, but in order to really judge 343’s success, we need to look at the population 1 year from now.

I wouldn’t say it is immensely important, but something which needs to be taken into consideration.

no is doesn’t cuz people can’t play all the time, sales is what matters. If people have already bought the game,its a win. If they play it means nothing because the money is already in 343i/Mircosofts pocket.
/thread.

> no is doesn’t cuz people can’t play all the time, sales is what matters. If people have already bought the game,its a win. If they play it means nothing because the money is already in 343i/Mircosofts pocket.
> /thread.

Sales do NOT mean people are satisfied with their purchase and are likely to buy the next installment.

A business can’t survive off of selling a single loaf of bread to everybody, it needs repeat customers.

343 has a reputation, which will either be increased or diminished from each game it releases. Too many screw ups and it risks going bankrupt.