Does the new grunt consider itself canon?

I just want to know if the new grunts appearance going to effect the halo universe canon that 343 has establish?

… Canon-fodder :slight_smile:

The most recent gamer and it’s appearance trump the older games, not to mention, 343 sets the canon now.

Well the grunts are the smartest one in the universe. Based on some of the dialog in the game, they’re the only ones who realize that they’re in a video game. I guess it’s not a stretch then to imagine them sitting around the food nipple, having deep conversations with each other wonder whether or not they are canon.

Or maybe instead of talking about it philosophically, they’r e more gossipy, “Did you see that Ungoy from Halo 4? He thinks he’s soooooo great! Who does he think he is. Does he consider himself canon? Yeah, right. Just because he’s new and improved, it doesn’t make him all canon.”

You know what, i think the new grunt looks great.

There i said it.

I’ve been looking at a lot of concept art for all the games and yanno what? The new grunt look, the chiefs new armor, the new elites, it all looks like an evolution of the Halo Wars concepts, which to me is awesome, wars had some of the best cut scenes in the halo franchise, and to be quite honest, I liked it’s concepts better

Something about the Grunt will have to change, although minor, it has an extra toe, unless this is a certain breed of Grunts with an extra toe.

> <mark>The most recent gamer and it’s appearance trump the older games</mark>, not to mention, 343 sets the canon now.

Unfortunately. Though of course, it’s all about perception, and any individual can ignore the new canon if he or she sees fit.

I’m going to hazard a guess and assume the differences between the old Grunts and the new Grunts are purely aesthetical. Let’s face it, Halo has never been very consistent with the way things look.

If OP is talking about the fact that the Grunt has no breather mask, that has been explaned.
They have a pipe running to their nose which feeds them with methane gas.
It is basicaly a change in the suit just like when MC went from Mark V to the Mark 6.

> If OP is talking about the fact that the Grunt has no breather mask, that has been explaned.
> They have a pipe running to their nose which feeds them with methane gas.
> It is basicaly a change in the suit just like when MC went from Mark V to the Mark 6.

Actually, he’s probably talking about the Grunt’s extra toe, and the fact that they’re not arthropods anymore.

In the previous games where there was sufficient graphical fidelity to tell the difference, the Grunts clearly had carapaces. Now, they’ve got skin, an extra toe, and cave troll faces.

Cave troll

Cave troll Junior

> Cave troll
>
> Cave troll Junior

Winning