Does the Midship remake mean no sprint?

I was just wondering if the Midship remake actually means Halo 5 will have no sprint? I don’t think the map will work that well with sprint and personally I wouldn’t mind it at all to have no sprint in Halo 5.

What do you guys think?

There’s no way sprint is getting removed.

> There’s no way sprint is getting removed.

I’m actually confident it will finally be removed as a base player trait. As for going away completely… not sure.

i wouldn’t hold my breath on it, but it would be pretty awesome if they’d get finally rid of it.

> > There’s no way sprint is getting removed.
>
> I’m actually confident it will finally be removed as a base player trait. As for going away completely… not sure.

If Spartan abilities are indeed inherent features available to everyone, I wouldn’t even count on that.

I’m afraid not, TC :frowning:

Just look at how stretched out the Halo 5 midship is compared to Heretic.

If anything, this confirms that sprint WILL be in the game :’(

Classic Halo is dead.

And before anyone says “they can turn it off in certain playlists”, that would still not solve the problem of stretched maps.

> I’m afraid not, TC :frowning:
>
> Just look at how stretched out the Halo 5 midship is compared to Heretic.
>
> If anything, this confirms that sprint WILL be in the game :’(
>
> Classic Halo is dead.
>
> And before anyone says “they can turn it off in certain playlists”, that would still not solve the problem of stretched maps.

It’s looking at the maps from different viewpoints though. I would reserve judgement till we can get a view of both maps from the same area.

> > > There’s no way sprint is getting removed.
> >
> > I’m actually confident it will finally be removed as a base player trait. As for going away completely… not sure.
>
> If Spartan abilities are indeed inherent features available to everyone, I wouldn’t even count on that.

Guess we won’t know for sure until the beta. Or maybe they’ll show some gameplay beforehand.

I’d like it to be in, not last as long as it did in 4, but a short burst. That’s what Sprint is anyways.

I rather Sprint be in, but I could live without it. I wish other people were this optimistic

welll the midship “remake” is actually a little different than midship as we know it—just compare the bottom levels and some of the intricacies of the bases. the community is right in acknowledging these differences because they seem to point to sprint being in the game as one of the spartan abilities inherent to all players. who knows tho.

Speaking of these new, mysterious Spartan abilities, I believe 343 may take a cue from Destiny here. In Destiny, for those of you who don’t know, each player can use a special ability for a short time after scoring enough points. In the H5 beta teaser, one of the Spartans appeared to slam the ground. This is very reminiscent of an ability in Destiny. Now, I personally do not believe they will completely remove sprint from H5 simply due to the fact that every modern FPS apparently must have it. However, instead of having sprint as a base player ability, they could implement it as a Spartan ability.

No, there’s no clue what 343 will do beyond these Spartan Abilities. Zealot was in Reach, a game that had sprint as a choice.

Honestly, I think all the hate towards sprint is a little unjustified. Every time I play CTF on Coagulation in H2V, I find myself moving towards the opposing base at a 3MPH jog and longing for a sprint button. I think sprint should be available as an option that can be enabled or disabled for all players in a match, marked as “Classic” or “Modern” playlists.

Aside from multiplayer, it makes perfect canonical sense for players to be able to sprint in campaign. Spartans are supposed to be able to run as fast as cars, not speedwalk everywhere they go. I think sprint should be kept in campaign as a base ability. It enables all kinds of tactical advantages and opportunities for players that, while arguably unbalanced in multiplayer, are ideal when playing the campaign.

Just my opinion…

> Aside from multiplayer, it makes perfect canonical sense for players to be able to sprint in campaign. Spartans are supposed to be able to run as fast as cars, not speedwalk everywhere they go. I think sprint should be kept in campaign as a base ability. It enables all kinds of tactical advantages and opportunities for players that, while arguably unbalanced in multiplayer, are ideal when playing the campaign.
>
> Just my opinion…

Gameplay > Canon.

343 is VERY insistent that halo 5 will be an arena shooter. Sprint is part of what made halo 4 not and arena shooter. So, yes. I’d say that sprint will no longer be in halo. If 343 knows what halo is all about (and they do now) they will remove sprint.

Sprint should make a comeback for the sake of large maps.

However, it needs to be tweaked to be an ineffective method over short distance. Cut turning ability, incorporate start up and ending animations, a warm up period before you hit full speed, etc. As is, its too effective on all maps. At the very least 343 should be wary of how instant respawn plays with sprint if it comes back.

> I’m afraid not, TC :frowning:
>
> Just look at how stretched out the Halo 5 midship is compared to Heretic.
>
> If anything, this confirms that sprint WILL be in the game :’(
>
> Classic Halo is dead.
>
> And before anyone says “they can turn it off in certain playlists”, that would still not solve the problem of stretched maps.

Midship’s possible increase in size could simply mean higher base movement speed, not necessarily sprint.

Nothing confirmed either way as yet.

I’d personally be happy with or without sprint, it’s never bothered me much. I could also go for small maps without sprint and large maps or BTB style playlists with sprint. If they have a loading screen that has the dynamic settings or icons then I’m happy to change setting up a bit.

> > I’m afraid not, TC :frowning:
> >
> > Just look at how stretched out the Halo 5 midship is compared to Heretic.
> >
> > If anything, this confirms that sprint WILL be in the game :’(
> >
> > Classic Halo is dead.
> >
> > And before anyone says “they can turn it off in certain playlists”, that would still not solve the problem of stretched maps.
>
> Midship’s possible increase in size could simply mean higher base movement speed, not necessarily sprint.

Oh man, I hope so. I haven’t played Halo CE in a while but I seem to remember the base player speed being pretty fast. I know the anniversary multiplayer in Reach was a bit faster and that was a lot of fun. I felt like I was sliding around the map.

> Honestly, I think all the hate towards sprint is a little unjustified. Every time I play CTF on Coagulation in H2V, I find myself moving towards the opposing base at a 3MPH jog and longing for a sprint button. I think sprint should be available as an option that can be enabled or disabled for all players in a match, marked as “Classic” or “Modern” playlists.
>
> Aside from multiplayer, it makes perfect canonical sense for players to be able to sprint in campaign. Spartans are supposed to be able to run as fast as cars, not speedwalk everywhere they go. I think sprint should be kept in campaign as a base ability. It enables all kinds of tactical advantages and opportunities for players that, while arguably unbalanced in multiplayer, are ideal when playing the campaign.
>
> Just my opinion…

In many cases that 3mph jog you describe added to the tension in those CTF matches. Knowing the enemy was coming, but you were moving slow. Being so close, yet so far away. Hoping that your teammate would come to keep the enemy away from you. It also gave you a feeling as a defender that you could catch the guy when your flag was stolen (as long as he didn’t get in a vehicle).