does the halo franchise exist in the halo universe

well this topic came up in a chatroom. so does it? I know the halo timeline branchs away from ours in 2020 or so, that means WE are canon to the halo universe but what about the games? do all the halo games and books and other things exist in the Halo universe but were just forgotten? or did they never exist.

Born keep it in the chatroom boi. It shouldn’t exist or else chief would know how to defeat Cortana already, and if Halo 6 is good or not.

The Halo franchise does not exist within the Halo universe. That simply just doesn’t make any logical sense. However, Bungie, 343i, Microsoft game studios, Xbox, etc are all canon.

It is canon that Bungie created an FPS shooter IP in the early 2000’s and it made the Xbox popular however. The concept of the Halo franchise is canon, but the franchise is not. So in others words, I guess in the Halo universe, Bungie created a series with a different name, but it had a different (or similar story) and had all the same media as Halo does.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN

Like others have said it wouldn’t make sense. Later in the timeline someday someone could maybe make historical video game series called Halo.

> 2533274987055031;2:
> Born keep it in the chatroom boi. It shouldn’t exist or else chief would know how to defeat Cortana already, and if Halo 6 is good or not.

I am getting the opinion of the experts!!! but well to make sure this post is on topic I will state my opinion in a trusty spoiler so it does not influence people!!!.

I actually think yes because well halo ce’s release is in the time period halo shares with us (if they wanted halo out then they could have said the split happened in 2000.) and is it to hard to think that 400 years in the future they forgot about one game franchise. And if it was discovered and you were an admiral what would you do? believe a 400 year old video game and just hope it is right?

> 2533274919463107;3:
> The Halo franchise does not exist within the Halo universe. That simply just doesn’t make any logical sense. However, Bungie, 343i, Microsoft game studios, Xbox, etc are all canon.
>
> It is canon that Bungie created an FPS shooter IP in the early 2000’s and it made the Xbox popular however. The concept of the Halo franchise is canon, but the franchise is not. So in others words, I guess in the Halo universe, Bungie created a series with a different name, but it had a different (or similar story) and had all the same media as Halo does.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Sincerely,
> p1ay4OURFUN

> 2533274824409174;4:
> Something similar sure but only after those things happened in the halo universe. It would be really weird if they didn’t do movies and games about war with the covenant. I’m not sure if things concerning forerunner stuff like Halos is public knowledge though I don’t think they could hide everything.

yeah this makes sense.

A very interesting question. Are you sure that the Halo Universe splits off at 2020? What about all the ancient humans, Bornstellar and all that?

Between 2001 and 2525, people probably forgot about halo. It probably didn’t (and probably won’t for us) sell on other colonised planets, so the game itself never would’ve made it away from Earth.
Anyway, if it did exist, who’d believe the game and who’d have a console needed to play the game?

> 2533274958671328;8:
> Between 2001 and 2525, people probably forgot about halo. It probably didn’t (and probably won’t for us) sell on other colonised planets, so the game itself never would’ve made it away from Earth.
> Anyway, if it did exist, who’d believe the game and who’d have a console needed to play the game?

yeah thats what I was thinking

> 2533274919463107;3:
> The Halo franchise does not exist within the Halo universe. That simply just doesn’t make any logical sense. However, Bungie, 343i, Microsoft game studios, Xbox, etc are all canon.
>
> It is canon that Bungie created an FPS shooter IP in the early 2000’s and it made the Xbox popular however. The concept of the Halo franchise is canon, but the franchise is not. So in others words, I guess in the Halo universe, Bungie created a series with a different name, but it had a different (or similar story) and had all the same media as Halo does.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Sincerely,
> p1ay4OURFUN

Yep. The Split would have to happen around 1998 due to the concept of Halo being thought up around then.

Anything before that is canon. Like Bungie making Marathon.

Anything post that is a mystery. I mean we can assume that Bungie made the killer app for Xbox. But we cant be sure sadly :confused:

I mean I Love Bees happens for sure in 2004. I mean if there is anything about Xbox, so on mentioned in it. That is our best bet. :slight_smile:

> 2533274836874363;10:
> > 2533274919463107;3:
> > The Halo franchise does not exist within the Halo universe. That simply just doesn’t make any logical sense. However, Bungie, 343i, Microsoft game studios, Xbox, etc are all canon.
> >
> > It is canon that Bungie created an FPS shooter IP in the early 2000’s and it made the Xbox popular however. The concept of the Halo franchise is canon, but the franchise is not. So in others words, I guess in the Halo universe, Bungie created a series with a different name, but it had a different (or similar story) and had all the same media as Halo does.
> >
> > I hope this helps.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > p1ay4OURFUN
>
> Yep. The Split would have to happen around 1998 due to the concept of Halo being thought up around then.
>
> Anything before that is canon. Like Bungie making Marathon.
>
> Anything post that is a mystery. I mean we can assume that Bungie made the killer app for Xbox. But we cant be sure sadly :confused:
>
> I mean I Love Bees happens for sure in 2004. I mean if there is anything about Xbox, so on mentioned in it. That is our best bet. :slight_smile:

The way I look at it, the reality split occurs in 2021 when the International Society of Civil Engineers is created. This is the first canonical instance in the Halo universe ahead of our history. I can see where you’re coming from believing that the split occurs around 1998, but the split occurring in 2021 also doesn’t conflict with anything. The concept of the Halo franchise being canon and such is still relevant up to and past 2021, as any event that occurs before the split and continues to carry over is still canon, as it occurred before the split.

Now of course, that leads me to ask you this question, since you know more about it than I do. Is I love bees even legitimate canon? Like, I know it’s pseudo canonicity, but I’ve never bothered myself with it due to its limbo like status.

If it really is, then it’s even harder to figure out when the reality split occurs, as then we have to take into account what aspects of history that have happened in the past decade are canon or not. Which is probably why I’ve never bothered myself with it, as it just tends to muddy up canon. But perhaps you could change my mind. It is the only aspect of the franchise I’ve never experienced after all haha.

> 2533274919463107;11:
> > 2533274836874363;10:
> > > 2533274919463107;3:
> > > The Halo franchise does not exist within the Halo universe. That simply just doesn’t make any logical sense. However, Bungie, 343i, Microsoft game studios, Xbox, etc are all canon.
> > >
> > > It is canon that Bungie created an FPS shooter IP in the early 2000’s and it made the Xbox popular however. The concept of the Halo franchise is canon, but the franchise is not. So in others words, I guess in the Halo universe, Bungie created a series with a different name, but it had a different (or similar story) and had all the same media as Halo does.
> > >
> > > I hope this helps.
> > >
> > > Sincerely,
> > > p1ay4OURFUN
> >
> > Yep. The Split would have to happen around 1998 due to the concept of Halo being thought up around then.
> >
> > Anything before that is canon. Like Bungie making Marathon.
> >
> > Anything post that is a mystery. I mean we can assume that Bungie made the killer app for Xbox. But we cant be sure sadly :confused:
> >
> > I mean I Love Bees happens for sure in 2004. I mean if there is anything about Xbox, so on mentioned in it. That is our best bet. :slight_smile:
>
> The way I look at it, the reality split occurs in 2021 when the International Society of Civil Engineers is created. This is the first canonical instance in the Halo universe ahead of our history. I can see where you’re coming from believing that the split occurs around 1998, but the split occurring in 2021 also doesn’t conflict with anything. The concept of the Halo franchise being canon and such is still relevant up to and past 2021, as any event that occurs before the split and continues to carry over is still canon, as it occurred before the split.
>
> Now of course, that leads me to ask you this question, since you know more about it than I do. Is I love bees even legitimate canon? Like, I know it’s pseudo canonicity, but I’ve never bothered myself with it due to its limbo like status.
>
> If it really is, then it’s even harder to figure out when the reality split occurs, as then we have to take into account what aspects of history that have happened in the past decade are canon or not. Which is probably why I’ve never bothered myself with it, as it just tends to muddy up canon. But perhaps you could change my mind. It is the only aspect of the franchise I’ve never experienced after all haha.

I love Bees is canon. Despite me having a more up to date list I keep updated. Grim has it listed in his basic list of Halo media.(which he sometimes updates)

The errors in it are minor at best. Thus its viewed like this to many. Its canon. If anything conflicts with a certain part of ILB’s. The newer media is counted at the superior source. Granted most of the errors in ILBs come from a broken AI or one off statements from civilians which do certainly have bounds to be unreliable.

Regardless the 2004 part happens. Cause thats an important part of the story.

In 2007 also. Events with the Society of the Ancients, and the Castaway theory Author happen. But that stuff has little impact on the overall Halo universe in terms of the timeline. But thats just another event we can insert in.

And the Split has to happen at 1998 regardless. No Halo existing equals a split no matter if Bungie created a killer app or not.(maybe the lack of a Killer app caused Bungie to turn into Bungie Motor Works by 2552.)

Regardless its possible life is similar to a world without Halo. But as said we only have very little framework, with anything before 1998. A few months in 2004 where nothing seems hugely out of place. And a very small period in 2007 that doesnt really say much.

Granted at a push. You could say that May 1999 as the cut off as thats when Bungie told publishers about Halo. But that doesnt change much xD

Maybe it could be, in a sort of Call of Duty style. Up until recently all of their games took place in historical and/or “modern” scenarios…perhaps something similar exists in Halo.

I found the Legendary edition case of Halo 4 in Halo 4, so… yeah. Canon.

> 2533274919463107;3:
> The Halo franchise does not exist within the Halo universe. That simply just doesn’t make any logical sense. However, Bungie, 343i, Microsoft game studios, Xbox, etc are all canon.
>
> It is canon that Bungie created an FPS shooter IP in the early 2000’s and it made the Xbox popular however. The concept of the Halo franchise is canon, but the franchise is not. So in others words, I guess in the Halo universe, Bungie created a series with a different name, but it had a different (or similar story) and had all the same media as Halo does.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Sincerely,
> p1ay4OURFUN

If the Halo franchise isn’t canon in the Halo universe, then 343i can’t be. 343i was created specifically for the purpose of continuing the Halo franchise; they do nothing else. Remove Halo from 343i’s portfolio and they have nothing, unlike Bungie who made several games before Halo and a game after Halo.

> 2533274817408735;15:
> > 2533274919463107;3:
> > The Halo franchise does not exist within the Halo universe. That simply just doesn’t make any logical sense. However, Bungie, 343i, Microsoft game studios, Xbox, etc are all canon.
> >
> > It is canon that Bungie created an FPS shooter IP in the early 2000’s and it made the Xbox popular however. The concept of the Halo franchise is canon, but the franchise is not. So in others words, I guess in the Halo universe, Bungie created a series with a different name, but it had a different (or similar story) and had all the same media as Halo does.
> >
> > I hope this helps.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > p1ay4OURFUN
>
> If the Halo franchise isn’t canon in the Halo universe, then 343i can’t be. 343i was created specifically for the purpose of continuing the Halo franchise; they do nothing else. Remove Halo from 343i’s portfolio and they have nothing, unlike Bungie who made several games before Halo and a game after Halo.

Just like how I said the concept of the Halo franchise is canon, the concept of 343i is canon. Although upon further review, due to the reality split of 1998 in gaming, the concept of Halo could possibly not even be canon, and Bungie for all we know in the Halo universe could have disappeared after Marathon. As such, the concept of 343i might not have even existed in the Halo universe.

Obviously not, but it’s a trippy thought.

Imagine Black Ops 2 was canon to the game.

> 2533274919463107;16:
> > 2533274817408735;15:
> > > 2533274919463107;3:
> > > The Halo franchise does not exist within the Halo universe. That simply just doesn’t make any logical sense. However, Bungie, 343i, Microsoft game studios, Xbox, etc are all canon.
> > >
> > > It is canon that Bungie created an FPS shooter IP in the early 2000’s and it made the Xbox popular however. The concept of the Halo franchise is canon, but the franchise is not. So in others words, I guess in the Halo universe, Bungie created a series with a different name, but it had a different (or similar story) and had all the same media as Halo does.
> > >
> > > I hope this helps.
> > >
> > > Sincerely,
> > > p1ay4OURFUN
> >
> > If the Halo franchise isn’t canon in the Halo universe, then 343i can’t be. 343i was created specifically for the purpose of continuing the Halo franchise; they do nothing else. Remove Halo from 343i’s portfolio and they have nothing, unlike Bungie who made several games before Halo and a game after Halo.
>
> Just like how I said the concept of the Halo franchise is canon, the concept of 343i is canon. Although upon further review, due to the reality split of 1998 in gaming, the concept of Halo could possibly not even be canon, and Bungie for all we know in the Halo universe could have disappeared after Marathon. As such, the concept of 343i might not have even existed in the Halo universe.

I believe everyone may be looking at this wrong. There never was a split in the timelines, they’ve always been two separate realities. There were no precursors or forerunners in our reality. Ancient humanity was never a spacefaring race. While modern earth bears striking similarities to halo’s earth of our timeframe, their histories had already set them apart as separate realities.

> I believe everyone may be looking at this wrong. There never was a split in the timelines, they’ve always been two separate realities. There were no precursors or forerunners in our reality. Ancient humanity was never a spacefaring race. While modern earth bears striking similarities to halo’s earth of our timeframe, their histories had already set them apart as separate realities.

This is partly untrue. Our history and Halo’s history are two separate realities, yes. However, our universe’s natural history, the Earth’s natural history, and our own history dating back to 100,000 years ago is canon to the Halo Universe. From Mesopotamia, the Holy Roman Empire, The Chinese Dynasties, the Greeks, The British Empire, The United States, both World Wars, the Space Race, the Cold War, Vietnam, the Gulf War, and even down to yourself, are all canon to Halo.

As such, there has to be a reality split, or even two reality splits that occur within the Halo universe. Splits that distinguish the ends of our history becoming Halo history. One pertaining to the gaming industry (the split of 1998), and one pertaining to world history (the split of 2021). Presumably.

In our reality, Foreunners, Precursors, Ancient Humans, The Covenant, whatever don’t exist. But in Halo’s reality, currently right now in 2016, the Covenant Empire is out there flying about in search of Forerunner relics and the Halo rings.

I hope this clarifies.

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN

Edit: Canon sources that prove our history is Canon is Halo Glasslands page 33, Halo Legends Origins 2, Halo CE Anniversary Terminal 1, the Halo Encyclopedia, Halo Mythos, and Halo Reach “The Package,” when Dr. Halsey was referring to the creation of the conical bullet in the 19th century being a game changing aspect of technological progress.

Also, Halo Evolutions “Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian” further adds more evidence that our history is canon by saying that the three laws of robotics, conceived by Isaac Asimov in the early 20th history, is programmed into all AI.

> 2533274919463107;19:
> > I believe everyone may be looking at this wrong. There never was a split in the timelines, they’ve always been two separate realities. There were no precursors or forerunners in our reality. Ancient humanity was never a spacefaring race. While modern earth bears striking similarities to halo’s earth of our timeframe, their histories had already set them apart as separate realities.
>
> This is partly untrue. Our history and Halo’s history are two separate realities, yes. However, our universe’s natural history, the Earth’s natural history, and our own history dating back to 100,000 years ago is canon to the Halo Universe. From Mesopotamia, the Holy Roman Empire, The Chinese Dynasties, the Greeks, The British Empire, The United States, both World Wars, the Space Race, the Cold War, Vietnam, the Gulf War, and even down to yourself, are all canon to Halo.
>
> As such, there has to be a reality split, or even two reality splits that occur within the Halo universe. Splits that distinguish the ends of our history becoming Halo history. One pertaining to the gaming industry (the split of 1998), and one pertaining to world history (the split of 2021). Presumably.
>
> In our reality, Foreunners, Precursors, Ancient Humans, The Covenant, whatever don’t exist. But in Halo’s reality, currently right now in 2016, the Covenant Empire is out there flying about in search of Forerunner relics and the Halo rings.
>
> I hope this clarifies.
>
> Sincerely,
> p1ay4OURFUN
>
> Edit: Canon sources that prove our history is Canon is Halo Glasslands page 33, Halo Legends Origins 2, Halo CE Anniversary Terminal 1, the Halo Encyclopedia, Halo Mythos, and Halo Reach “The Package,” when Dr. Halsey was referring to the creation of the conical bullet in the 19th century being a game changing aspect of technological progress.
>
> Also, Halo Evolutions “Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian” further adds more evidence that our history is canon by saying that the three laws of robotics, conceived by Isaac Asimov in the early 20th history, is programmed into all AI.

But wouldn’t the events of forerunner books have been where the timeline split?