Does the Covenant have dress uniforms?

Okay so the UNSC has all manner of uniforms ranging from combat fatigues and armor worn during combat to formal dress uniforms worn during ceremonies. My question is, do Covenant troops have dress uniforms?

We see combat harnesses prominently in the games for obvious reasons. But even in cutscenes, like when the Arbiter was being tried before the Council, everyone apart from the Prophets were wearing combat harnesses. Idk if this has been addressed in the lore somewhere that I forgot, but I don’t recall any other uniforms for the Covenant aside from their combat harnesses.

Why would one matter really?

The Covenant are a Tier 2 civilization who equips there soldiers with body armor and shielding. Dress uniforms would be probably pointless to them but some little things do exist that are only added due to personal choice. One example is Thel Vadamee, he occasionally wore a purple cloak while serving as a Fleet Master. If that isn’t good enough then I guess the Sangheili Honor Guard battlesuits could be called “Dress” uniforms seeing as how they are only worn or seen when Prophets are around.

> 2533274866586671;2:
> Why would one matter really?
>
> The Covenant are a Tier 2 civilization who equips there soldiers with body armor and shielding. Dress uniforms would be probably pointless to them but some little things do exist that are only added due to personal choice. One example is Thel Vadamee, he occasionally wore a purple cloak while serving as a Fleet Master. If that isn’t good enough then I guess the Sangheili Honor Guard battlesuits could be called “Dress” uniforms seeing as how they are only worn or seen when Prophets are around.

I guess it doesn’t matter lol, just thought it was interesting.

As far as the Honor Guard battle suits, I think that would count as a dress uniform. Perhaps it just makes sense that the Sangheili would only have combat harnesses because fancy dress doesn’t matter to them. Combat prowess does. Thanks for your input!

How I see it is that maybe they don’t need to. They have different coloured harnesses which is used to show their rank and this may be how they would represent their achievements, such as the way the UNSC have badges on their dress uniform to represent their achievements. This then brings up the question of what is the point in changing if that is the case.

I think so !
I mean since the Jackals had a Prince (Krith), so I think they are living out these traditons aswell !
Same with the Elites!

I would say it’s more likely ceremonial armour that is antiquated but very proud in its design

For the Covenant, I think their only regulated attire while serving is their armor. The Prophets and Sangheili probably have designated attires for ceremonial bits, but other than that? I don’t think they have anything other than the Sangheili who don the pelt of one of their regularly hunted animals on their home planet.

As for Thel Vadam having a cape; I’m not sure, but I think that has something to do with him being a Kaidon? Maybe not, can’t say for sure.

Dress uniforms in the crusader days would simply be their livery that they may drape over their armor. When armor became useless the dress uniform was the uniform that soldiers wore in battle. Only when it was no longer necessary to keep a close control on unit formations and tightly packed regiments became obsolete did the concept of a different set of clothing for parade and for combat became into focus. For the Elites with their plasma shielding, weapons and technology that includes active camouflage, the need to separate aesthetics from function has diminished. After all a random shot from someone trying to take out a higher ranking warrior will just get absorbed by the shield and if there ever was a need to hide from view, cloaking technology turns all those bright colors of rank and station instantly invisible.