Does the "Core" mechanic of warzone work?

In every gameplay ive seen if warzone, the core NEVER opens. Is it just unbalanced at the moment? No one ever went to destroy the core in any gameplay i’ve seen.
I like the idea, but it seemed rather useless in practice.
Does anyone have any footage of a core based warzone victory?

There is gameplay from greenskull where the enemy almost one by killing the core. If they were 10 secs to slow killing that last boss. They would have lost

I think you’ll see most victories come from hitting the score limit, and most core victories will probably be when one team really sticks it to the other pushes them back early on in the match. It seems like when you’re close to reaching 1000 points your best bet is to go for the AI bosses rather than the core.

I get the sense that because the venues are so large and the game play so varied that you might get more than a few players who don’t even look at the score or at the clock. Or possibly even at the objectives. I think there will be a lot of players who go into Warzone and are so focused on the kill at hand that they’re not seeing or even caring about the bigger picture. Let’s face it - ever since BTB has existed there have been players who are “in the game” without really being too aware of any larger strategic picture. These players are not hard to spot. I’m guessing that Warzone will create even more of them. Getting players like this to work together is like trying to herd kittens. The game will be two years old, with H6 ready to launch, and a lot of these guys still won’t even know what or where the core is.

I think the core is just there to end games that are eventually going to be 1000-100 from having to get that lopsided.

Almost like a mercy rule.

> 2533274873843883;4:
> I get the sense that because the venues are so large and the game play so varied that you might get more than a few players who don’t even look at the score or at the clock. Or possibly even at the objectives. I think there will be a lot of players who go into Warzone and are so focused on the kill at hand that they’re not seeing or even caring about the bigger picture. Let’s face it - ever since BTB has existed there have been players who are “in the game” without really being too aware of any larger strategic picture. These players are not hard to spot. I’m guessing that Warzone will create even more of them. Getting players like this to work together is like trying to herd kittens. The game will be two years old, with H6 ready to launch, and a lot of these guys still won’t even know what or where the core is.

My teammates ten minutes into almost any CTF game, “Oh, were playing CTF? Thought we were playing slayer.”
Me: Facepalm x 100

> 2535454198995269;5:
> I think the core is just there to end games that are eventually going to be 1000-100 from having to get that lopsided.
>
> Almost like a mercy rule.

It definitely serves this purpose. It’s a mercy rule.

But also to point two things out, almost all footage available to us to watch is 24 people playing the game for the first time. I doubt I will fully understand the mechanics of the game even after watching hours of footage and understanding the concept. The other main thing to consider is that these people were playing a game at E3 that they may have had to wait in line for hours to play. Why would they have the thought process of “Oh the core’s open let’s destroy it so that we can finish the game faster.”? That thought process would make 0 logical sense to anyone gaming there with half a brain.

I seen the core open in one of the UPL videos. I think it’s more of a landslide failsafe though. By that I mean it’s only real purpose is to help a team who is getting completely crushed end the game faster. Sitting through 1000pts of an -Yoink- whooping doesn’t sound fun.

come on most people who have played it so far , are just trying out stuff, and dont even know the best way to play, Gamemodes like this take a awhile to understand wtf is going on and whats best to do, should i help my team right now? or should i go take on this boss with my friend ect? whens best to do things, this will come as people play the game mode more. Hard to tell until we get our hands on it and more people understand the meta of this game mode imbh

Keep in mind that the req points were easier earned and req levels were easier hit in these builds.

Slower leveling and points means less power goodies, slower scores and people more likely to attempt to get the core.

> 2533274873843883;4:
> I get the sense that because the venues are so large and the game play so varied that you might get more than a few players who don’t even look at the score or at the clock. Or possibly even at the objectives. I think there will be a lot of players who go into Warzone and are so focused on the kill at hand that they’re not seeing or even caring about the bigger picture. Let’s face it - ever since BTB has existed there have been players who are “in the game” without really being too aware of any larger strategic picture. These players are not hard to spot. I’m guessing that Warzone will create even more of them. Getting players like this to work together is like trying to herd kittens. The game will be two years old, with H6 ready to launch, and a lot of these guys still won’t even know what or where the core is.

This could not be more true.