Does the "babysitting" bother anyone else?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Ive noticed alot during the CTF videos that 343i seems to be catering to a 8 year old that plays halo once a month.

I mean honestly, does the announcer really need to tell me to defend my own flag?

Does there really need to be an arrow over my flag with a big “defend” sign next to it? Im not stupid.

The announcer treats you like your a idiot playing halo for your first time, and seems to blurt out 5 full sentences of instructions every time something happens in game.

Does anyone agree? I dont necessarily have a problem with these (i do find em annoying tho), what worries me is that this shows who 343i is really catering the game for. Kids who have never even played halo.

Edit: and ive been hearing worse about oddball. He announces every little thing. Does he really need to tell me i have the ball like 3 seperate times? I can see the dang thing on my screen.

Please refrain from implying only kids don’t play Halo regularly. My father doesn’t and when I played it with him be barely had a clue what was going on. I agree it is a bit excessive, but nothing that is really that bad.

It’s less ambiguous than “Flag Stolen”.

W/e. you get the point tho.

> W/e. you get the point tho.

It’s still a poor way to get it across…and a bit ironic since a huge complaint is the amount of kids who plague Halo’s online component.

> Ive noticed alot during the CTF videos that 343i seems to be catering to a <mark>8 year old that plays halo once a month</mark>.
> .

I just want to point out that <mark>THIS</mark> is a casual player. I hate it when MLG idiots call someone who doesnt agree with them “casual”.\

OT I like that they did this, now people will feel like they are obligated to play for the objective, not just get kills.

> Ive noticed alot during the CTF videos that 343i seems to be catering to a 8 year old that plays halo once a month.
>
> I mean honestly, does the announcer really need to tell me to defend my own flag?
>
> Does there really need to be an arrow over my flag with a big “defend” sign next to it? Im not stupid.
>
> The announcer treats you like your a idiot playing halo for your first time, and seems to blurt out 5 full sentences of instructions every time something happens in game.
>
> Does anyone agree? I dont necessarily have a problem with these (i do find em annoying tho), what worries me is that this shows who 343i is really catering the game for. Kids who have never even played halo.

Well Hmmm. Seeing as they did announce that the game was going to be more noob friendly, not much room to complain. And anywas the annoucer has always said “Flag captured” and what-not. And the flag if im not mistaken has always had an arrow above it to show you where it’s at, May not have said defend but still had an arrow.

> It’s less ambiguous than “Flag Stolen”.

Not really. Flag stolen was for your team and flag taken was for the enemies.

Why do they have to put a constant thing over the flag when putting a 20 second message in the game loading screen would suffice?

It’s just more clear about who’s flag is stolen/dropped/captured etc. Also, the game has a faster pace, it’s nice to have an audio cue when there’s a lot of stuff going on around you. It’s not bothersome at all; you won’t even notice it during the gameplay. You’re just watching another person play and picking up every little detail (and then deciding to complain about it).

Hand holding is extremely prevalent and if I had my way, most of it would stay in an introductory playlist. Obviously, I doubt that’ll be the case.

Well I’ve had adult aged teammates kill me just before I score to pick up the flag themselves and get the point, maybe they need a huge exclamation mark for something to drill it into their head.

> > Ive noticed alot during the CTF videos that 343i seems to be catering to a <mark>8 year old that plays halo once a month</mark>.
> > .
>
> I just want to point out that <mark>THIS</mark> is a casual player. I hate it when MLG idiots call someone who doesnt agree with them “casual”.\
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> OT I like that they did this, now people will feel like they are <mark>obligated to play for the objective, not just get kills</mark>.

Thank you i also agree, And i hated in previous Halo’s when people would capture your flag and go off and set it some where and camp it to get kills. It’s an objective based gameplay not slayer

Yeah i got annoyed by the announcer, I loved him in past halos but I really hope there is a ON/OFF option for the announcer becuase this is just way too much, they over did it big time.

I honestly enjoy most of the changes 343i has made to CTF.

> > Ive noticed alot during the CTF videos that 343i seems to be catering to a <mark>8 year old that plays halo once a month</mark>.
> > .
>
> I just want to point out that <mark>THIS</mark> is a casual player. I hate it when MLG idiots call someone who doesnt agree with them “casual”.\
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> OT I like that they did this, now people will feel like they are obligated to play for the objective, not just get kills.

I dont see how this is going to affect peoples attitude torward objective at all.

Secondly, its called connotations and jargon. Everyone has their own personal definition for a casual, mine personally is someone who doesnt play to get better.

Not going to lie all the talking the announcer does is irritating. Everything you do or anything someone else does is announced. You probably could have gone about this post differently, but yes I do see where you’re coming from.

> > > Ive noticed alot during the CTF videos that 343i seems to be catering to a <mark>8 year old that plays halo once a month</mark>.
> > > .
> >
> > I just want to point out that <mark>THIS</mark> is a casual player. I hate it when MLG idiots call someone who doesnt agree with them “casual”.\
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > OT I like that they did this, now people will feel like they are <mark>obligated to play for the objective, not just get kills</mark>.
>
> Thank you i also agree, And i hated in previous Halo’s when people would capture your flag and go off and set it some where and camp it to get kills. It’s an objective based gameplay not slayer

I dont see how having a word over the flag or the announcer telling you to is somehow subconsciously making you do the objective more.

> > It’s less ambiguous than “Flag Stolen”.
>
> Not really. Flag stolen was for your team and flag taken was for the enemies.
>
> Why do they have to put a constant thing over the flag when putting a 20 second message in the game loading screen would suffice?

Not everyone reads the messages in the game loading screen. Why are you complaining about the littlest things that really have NO impact on gameplay?

He is talking way to much, My teammates direct me when i have a flag and call out where to go and routes to take, to drop the flag and team shoot and ect ect. The announcer is talking way too much, i guess it isn’t a big deal if you just play by yourself but when you have a team that is constantly calling out, the announcer will get annoying very very fast.

I love the annoucer it makes things you do more exciting, but this is just too much.

> > > It’s less ambiguous than “Flag Stolen”.
> >
> > Not really. Flag stolen was for your team and flag taken was for the enemies.
> >
> > Why do they have to put a constant thing over the flag when putting a 20 second message in the game loading screen would suffice?
>
> Not everyone reads the messages in the game loading screen. Why are you complaining about the littlest things that really have NO impact on gameplay?

Because the announcer is annoying?