Does the Armor Matter?

In Halo, a lot of Armors seem to have a specific purpose like the Scout armor which is for scouting missions and the Recon which is for reconnaissance but Spartans seem to use it for just any mission. Madsen uses Recon but he is not going on recon missions, Palmer uses Scout but she isn’t going in scouting missions. Does the Armor and their purpose matter?

Ray does use http://www.halopedia.org/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor/Infiltrator
She has done some more armor specific oriented things. It also has a hardened comm thing for off world communication.

I imagine different armors are for different purposes. Like the Scanner armor was used for Search and Resue ops. The EVA is used for Extra-Vehicular Activity, CQB is supposed to help you in Close Quaters combat by increasing survivability. I remember in the Halo 4 limited edition it says it’s forbidden to wear a specific armor for cosmetic reasons so it can be assumed each armor has a special purpose canonically.

> 2533274975398392;3:
> I imagine different armors are for different purposes. Like the Scanner armor was used for Search and Resue ops. The EVA is used for Extra-Vehicular Activity, CQB is supposed to help you in Close Quaters combat by increasing survivability. I remember in the Halo 4 limited edition it says it’s forbidden to wear a specific armor for cosmetic reasons so it can be assumed each armor has a special purpose canonically.

Ya, that’s why all the Spartan IVs we have seen so far wear a full set of the same armor, and do not mix and match.