Does the Announcer announce too much?

In every past Halo game, Jeff Steitzer (the multiplayer announcer) has never annoyed me in the past. But in Halo 4, he does that very thing, he annoys me. He announces everything! In several videos, I’ve heard him announce things from you getting an assassination, to even announcing that a player is joining the game. Most of the things he says is purely irrelevant.

As of right now, this is my main concern for the game. From what I’ve seen, Halo 4 multiplayer is going to be very distracting. For one, music. Now music plays when either it’s sudden death, or maybe you are carrying the flag, etc., and also the announcer speaks way to often and his voice is quite loud. These minor things, I’m sure, will expand into major problems when you are trying to focus in a game.

Considering that the majority online population isn’t very good at Halo and needs everything pointed out to them, this is why the announcer does this (besides sounding awesome when talking).

The announcer does seem a little extra announcey with his announcing this time around.

I can see what your getting at but I just love the announcer so the more things he says the happier I will be.

> Considering that the online population isn’t very good at Halo and needs everything pointed out to them, this is why the announcer does this (besides sounding awesome when talking).

Wait, since when is the Halo population not good at Halo? If you are referring to the younger kids, then they should adapt. I did, and many others did. We learned, and we got good. We didn’t need an announcer guiding us every step of the way.

He was fine in the previous Halo games but he says so much in Halo 4 that I’ll want to turn him off.

Did you not make a thread about this already?

> > Considering that the online population isn’t very good at Halo and needs everything pointed out to them, this is why the announcer does this (besides sounding awesome when talking).
>
> Wait, since when is the Halo population not good at Halo? If you are referring to the younger kids, then they should adapt. I did, and many others did. We learned, and we got good. We didn’t need an announcer guiding us every step of the way.

I know, but as you may have noticed with the increased HUD elements that aid the player for the most obvious things (CTF is a primary example in Halo 4), that is the only conclusion i can arrive at (besides improving the game and making us feel like Spartans with all this data valuable on the battlefield).

Not that i am making an excuse to bash the new Infinity CTF (my name for it and no i am not trying to bash it) but rather an example that’s fresh in our minds.

I agree that while I do enjoy the commentary there is a bit TOO MUCH of it this time around.

This can be fixed easily by adding an option to choose which announcements you want to hear in multiplayer.

> He was fine in the previous Halo games but he says so much in Halo 4 that I’ll want to turn him off.

Maybe there is a button for that? If not I will download and listen to the bad “yoink” music it has!

Though I do agree that he may be saying a bit too much, I don’t really mind it. You forget that in Halo 4, he is a canonical announcer/referee for the Spartan IV simulations aboard Infinity, and like announcers at gaming events, he announces all the major happenings on the training field. So, I think that his new tone of voice and the fact that he announces more of the stuff that goes on in the game suits this a lot more, and makes the fact that you are in a training simulation a little more believable.

I LOVE the announcer in Halo 4.

i hope there’s in an option to tone him down, he’s extremely patronizing and distracting.

“Hold the ball to earn points, HOLD THE BALL TO EARN POINTs” is said every time you pick up the oddball, he actually sez it twice. he announces literly eveything except “you got a kill”…i dont think i a ca adapt to this

I like the announcer, but yes he is saying way too many redundant things. “You have the ball” “Assassination” …yes I know already, -Yoink- off!

Agree.

“Reloading!”

“Scoping!”

“Callout Spree!”

“Good Call Bro!”

“Breaking News!”

I actually like all the announcements (and his cool voice). I think it adds more excitement into the game, which is good.
Plus, I think the detail of the announcements is helpful, especially for flag, assault, and oddball games. For example, hearing “Kill their flag carrier” gives you that instant audio feedback of what exactly happened, where just hearing “Flag taken” can be a little confusing as to whose flag was taken.

So yeah, I enjoy the variety of all the announcements. At least I won’t have to hear "Flag taken… Flag dropped… Flag taken… Flag dropped… Flag taken… Flag dropped… Flag taken… Flag dropped… " anymore. :slight_smile:

Jeff’s talking is a bit excessive, but kind of cool at the same time. Really makes it feel like a sport/simulation in the UNSC Infinity. Toning it down a notch would be nice though.

I’m thinking about cancelling another one of my preorders. Thanks for telling me this.