does Spartan charge need a nerf?

Needless to say I believe Spartan charge needs a nerf. 343 needs to shorten the distance on the charge, also reducing the size of the hit box, and remove the lock on it seems to have. I have been hit hundreds of times trying to sidestep or boost out of its path I’ve even had it come around a corner and get me a couple times. As is, the ability is much to easy to use, and coupled with the reduced motion tracker it is almost impossible to avoid at times. I feel like it does not fall in line with the competitive nature of the game. Increasing the range of the motion tracker would slow down gameplay overall so the only logical solution is to nerf the Spartan charge.

Thank you I’ve been thinking the same thing since launch. The Spartan Charge is overpowered. They definitely need to reduce the range of the charge. it seems to be longer than a sword lunge!

Just remove abilities completely. Messes with the Gun-Nades-Melee triangle that made Halo, Halo. I GUUUUUESS keep sprint so people don’t QQ too much but otherwise, off with them. Please :3

Nope. I’m able to dodge most Spartan Charges, and very few actually catch me off-guard. Spartan Charge seems balanced to me.

Reward vs risk. If you -Yoink- up the charge, you’re dead. If you land it, you have a 50/50 chance of stripping enemy shields and landing a quick headshot. Even then, you’ll probably lose your shields as the enemy counter-melee’s.

I would like it if Spartan charge didn’t have so much lock on.

I do not like armor abilities in general but the reason Spartan Charge is Op is simply because it throws you out of melee range. If you get hit with a spartan charge your only chance is to outgun a player with full shield while yours are completely gone.
the charge throws you out of melee range so there really is nothing you can do but shoot and die pretty much.

Im fine

> 2533274977530102;4:
> Nope. I’m able to dodge most Spartan Charges, and very few actually catch me off-guard. Spartan Charge seems balanced to me.
>
> Reward vs risk. If you -Yoink- up the charge, you’re dead. If you land it, you have a 50/50 chance of stripping enemy shields and landing a quick headshot. Even then, you’ll probably lose your shields as the enemy counter-melee

and many times they just put a few assault rifle shots in me, like 4, no joke, and then counter melee as soon as i run at them and i am dead. freaking dumb. so its its not overpowered

> 2533274849004829;2:
> Thank you I’ve been thinking the same thing since launch. The Spartan Charge is overpowered. They definitely need to reduce the range of the charge. it seems to be longer than a sword lunge!

Or maybe at least a longer recovery time

Yes and no?

For general play, I think it needs more of a penalty considering the oen shot kill, but whatever.

The problem is that you can beat a sword with “Super Thruster Boost Attack!!”, so why is the sword in this game? I mean, I see the value, easier to land than a thurster, but still… I think you know what I’m saying.

Make radius smaller. I can’t ever evade unless I see them right before they charge. Also I can’t jump-backthrust-beat down because of the enormous range

Spartan Charge is perhaps the one thing I think is perhaps a bit unbalanced in Halo 5’s sandbox. I just wish that if someone took enough damage, it would interrupt their charge or slow them down enough to prevent a charge in the first place. It’s annoying when you land a number of shots on an enemy and then they shoulder charge you anyway.

The spartan charge becomes overpowered when you take into account the small motion radar.

I know the small radar discourages camping… but it means you don’t have much, if any, warning about the freight train about to hit you.

If the radar was bigger… say out to 25-30m… but only picked up rapid movement (ie. sprinters) at the bigger distances… we would have a good compromise between discouraging campers and having a chance to avoid the charging rhino.

Dial the charge in about 3 feet and its good, IMO.