does not allow viewing user-generated content

When I try to load into a custom game in Halo Reach on MCC PC (Steam version), I get this error

> CONTENT NOT ALLOWED
> Your account settings do now allow viewing user-generated content. Please change your account settings to view this content.

It also happens when I try to load my own saved maps in Forge mode (in the Anti-Cheat disabled client)
My Xbox account is set as adult in family settings, I have all the settings enabled in the privacy settings on the xbox settings site for Windows 10/Xbox One.
Anyone else have this issue or a fix? I cannot change the setting from a console so I don’t know how to fix this. I’ve tried Microsoft support and the third guy said it was an issue with the game. Is there a fix, or can I change the setting online?

Friend of mine is experiencing this too. Want to play custom games but can’t with this setting being a thing.

> 2533274871374322;2:
> Friend of mine is experiencing this too. Want to play custom games but can’t with this setting being a thing.

I was able to play some customs yesterday and open my forge map, but later that day and today it doesn’t work again. I have all the settings enabled in xbox settings, I checked in a private tab. Pretty annoying, I’m thinking it’s an issue on the MCC end at this point.

I have same issue

To fix this issue, go to Sign in to your Microsoft account
and go to Profile > Privacy Settings somewhere in there you can find this option https://i.imgur.com/Wa1zOcg.png
After changing that, I read somewhere to log out and then back in to make sure the settings work. Also be sure there aren’t any parental controls or something similar restricting you.

> 2535451752990934;1:
> When I try to load into a custom game in Halo Reach on MCC PC (Steam version), I get this error
>
>
> > CONTENT NOT ALLOWED
> > Your account settings do now allow viewing user-generated content. Please change your account settings to view this content.
>
> It also happens when I try to load my own saved maps in Forge mode (in the Anti-Cheat disabled client)
> My Xbox account is set as adult in family settings, I have all the settings enabled in the privacy settings on the xbox settings site for Windows 10/Xbox One.
> Anyone else have this issue or a fix? I cannot change the setting from a console so I don’t know how to fix this. I’ve tried Microsoft support and the third guy said it was an issue with the game. Is there a fix, or can I change the setting online?

Hey brotha I was just having the same issue (Xbox one) and how I fixed it was to go to settings > Account > privacy & online privacy > Xbox live privacy > then turn on Adult defaults.

For some reason my settings were customized instead of being on adult settings. I hope this helps my man cuz it took me forever to find a damn answer and I was getting mad lmao :laughing: hopefully this can help even if you use the PC but I just figured I’d let y’all know how I figured it out just Incase.

> 2535427457594448;5:
> To fix this issue, go to Sign in to your Microsoft account
> and go to Profile > Privacy Settings somewhere in there you can find this option https://i.imgur.com/Wa1zOcg.png
> After changing that, I read somewhere to log out and then back in to make sure the settings work. Also be sure there aren’t any parental controls or something similar restricting you.

Do you know how to get to the account settings. That link keep sending my friend to support. No matter how we try to get to the account settings it brings him to the support. Is there something that he has to do to be able to access his account settings?

Please don’t revive old topics thanks. Best to start a new topic for your issues as so much has changed since this topic started