Does new armour mods mean new ranks?

Has this been said or no? I automatically assumed it meant 30 new ranks, but maybe I am wrong.

I know a lot of people have been asking for this (I am only a 78 so I’m okay if not, but it would be nice for the people at 130).

Also would this mean we would have to go up 10 ranks to unlock the new mods, which I am sure a bunch of people will complain about along the lines of “I paid for it I want it now”. Personally, I don’t really mind either way!

i have sort of said it, but ill say my bit again, we know one mod is for everyone and doesnt mean new ranks as for the other two that come out for everyone in this update… dunno, something tells me there are 2 new specializations cos they havent included these other 2 mods in this pack cos tha mod in the pack is being released to everyone a week later anyway… so why arent the other two in it :confused:

Currently, 343 has said nothing about new ranks. So I wouldn’t expect having to rank up in order to get your new over-powered Armor Mods.

sorry i misread that i thought you were on bout the mods, the armour doesnt mean that we all know that the armour will be useable as soon as we download it, but like i said mods could be :slight_smile:

> i have sort of said it, but ill say my bit again, we know one mod is for everyone and doesnt mean new ranks as for the other two that come out for everyone in this update… dunno, something tells me there are 2 new specializations cos they havent included these other 2 mods in this pack cos tha mod in the pack is being released to everyone a week later anyway… so why arent the other two in it :confused:

I think that’s just to give those who buy the pack a little bit more. But, they’re releasing them for everyone because no game-changing element should require you to pay for it. Ever.

As for having new ranks, we haven’t seen anything about the level cap being changed from SR-130

I just made a thread about it, and it soesn’t really seem like something people want TBH. I would like it, though.

> > i have sort of said it, but ill say my bit again, we know one mod is for everyone and doesnt mean new ranks as for the other two that come out for everyone in this update… dunno, something tells me there are 2 new specializations cos they havent included these other 2 mods in this pack cos tha mod in the pack is being released to everyone a week later anyway… so why arent the other two in it :confused:
>
> I think that’s just to give those who buy the pack a little bit more. But, they’re releasing them for everyone because no game-changing element should require you to pay for it. Ever.
>
> As for having new ranks, we haven’t seen anything about the level cap being changed from SR-130

yeah im probs just thinking into it a bit too deeply :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope new ranks are put in the game. 130 is very random too me. but as far as paying for this new spec. and it not being made available…well lets just say i can already see the forum exploding with angry people.

why is there so much focus on SR? its is meaningless. i would be far happier if tru skill (ala halo 3) was actually visible in the game. that gives a much better reflection on a players ability.

> I hope new ranks are put in the game. 130 is very random too me. but as far as paying for this new spec. and it not being made available…well lets just say i can already see the forum exploding with angry people.

Yeah, I thought exactly the same!

I would love the prospect of more ranks but here is why I think that is not the plan for 343.

With most people that have achieved max rank, by now, most people have accumulated vast amounts of xp during this time and to just have put more ranks into the game would be unfair to those people who have already put many hours already into the game and not be worth anything.

But it would be nice.

Expect it won’t happen, then if it does you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I really hope we don’t get any rant threads complaining about how 343 “promised” new ranks with these mods and are “just being cheap” if there aren’t any…