DOES MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION MEAN CHIEFS DEATH?

Do you think that the master chief collection was a send off for the chief? To me it seems that way which kind of seems to obvious, so saying that I could be wrong. P.S Who’s looking forward to halo 5, any predictions to what the stories going to be?

I highly doubt it as he is the main character but if something like that happens it will probably strike an outrage. Master Chief Collections purpose is to bring all Halo’s onto the Xbox One and with the 10 year anniversary of Halo 2 it was a perfect opportunity for 343 to take their first step to the new console. (Captain Obvious) I honestly cant wait for Halo 5 and predictions wise i’m not overly sure what to predict story wise but i’d rather wait till a new trailer instead of having loads of assumptions as to what may or may not happen

The Reclaimer Saga (which was originally a triology) will be at least 4 games deep, and I can’t see them killing off the Chief before it’s over, (and hopefully), if ever.

> 2533274811851514;2:
> I highly doubt it as he is the main character but if something like that happens it will probably strike an outrage. Master Chief Collections purpose is to bring all Halo’s onto the Xbox One and with the 10 year anniversary of Halo 2 it was a perfect opportunity for 343 to take their first step to the new console. (Captain Obvious) I honestly cant wait for Halo 5 and predictions wise i’m not overly sure what to predict story wise but i’d rather wait till a new trailer instead of having loads of assumptions as to what may or may not happen

Well lets put it this way, if you want to predict the way in which a series will go you DON’T look to in-game plot developments (because narratives are quite flexible and in sci-fi especially can do whatever the hell they generally want to.) If the chief goes to planet X to find forerunner McGuffin Y with supporting cast Z, you can’t say what any of them will do (even with a full-length trailer and in-depth vidoc behind it) because subsequent actions and events are not very tightly constrained by that established plot (it moves, things change, and you’re left to ride it out.)

What DOES constrain productions and allows you to guess at what the creators will do next is the social/economic environment surrounding the franchise (because those have real effects and very hard limitations.) And right now I would be worrying about the chief’s health given that the new studio is investing full on in a new, more character driven protagonist that represents their vision for how the series should be handled (as opposed to bungie’s style which you can sum up in three words: the master chief.)

Of course creatively there’s still wiggle room (the chief could simply retire to a cryo tube in Arizona) but I think we have sufficient information from the circumstances of the Halo franchise to say that Halo 6 will probably be about Locke. (and before anyone says this will ruin Halo, consider that EVERY major sci-fi franchise from Star Trek, Babylon 5, Foundation, Dune, Dr. Who, Mystery Science Theater 3000, and onward has made similar transitions (Hitchhiker’s Guide I think is the only major exception in pop culture). We’ll probably even see the same things happening in the next Star Wars movies. Creators change, franchises move on, and those people bring in the characters that THEY think will do the best job at presenting a universe or more simply telling a story, often with the loss of those older characters that have already served their creative purpose. See. Obi-Wan in Ep. 4 [after the prequels], or Kirk in Generations.)

I believe that Master Chief dies or will become a kind of immortal deity … :confused: