Does Jetpack bother anyone else?

I think it’s one of the AAs that actually break the game the most.

When one uses it;

Cover becomes useless

Competition for map control gets thrown out the window

Allows for escape while still being able to shoot at enemies

Makes it much harder to get headshoted (If the person shooting is directly under)

Those are just some of my feelings. What about you guys?

Yes jet pack is horribly over-powered as a starting ability but they arn’t so bad the way that MLG implemented them. Having them spawn on the map where you have to time them and pick them up like power-ups makes them so much more bearable because you almost never see them and they arn’t even on most maps.

if you can spawn with jet pack, the concept of map control is 100% thrown out the window. map control has always been an important factor to halo play, something to try to achieve and maintain.

jet pack just makes the game feel like its a little kids game where everyone is the rocketeer when they want to be, instead of being a SERIOUS fps game.
jet pack should be removed, in its entirety, from every single non-joke playlist. why is jet pack STILL in arena and team slayer? it literally makes no sense whatsoever.

whenever my friends decide to play halo (once in a blue moon btw lol), they ask if i wanna play some ‘team jet packs’. by this they mean team slayer, but we call it team jet packs because thats basically what it is anyways, on almost every single map.

halo reach just feels like a mess of gimmicky joke mechanics, this being one of the biggest offenders.

yes i hate it too

> if you can spawn with jet pack, the concept of map control is 100% thrown out the window. map control has always been an important factor to halo play, something to try to achieve and maintain.
>
> jet pack just makes the game feel like its a little kids game where everyone is the rocketeer when they want to be, instead of being a SERIOUS fps game.
> jet pack should be removed, in its entirety, from every single non-joke playlist. why is jet pack STILL in arena and team slayer? it literally makes no sense whatsoever.
>
> whenever my friends decide to play halo (once in a blue moon btw lol), they ask if i wanna play some ‘team jet packs’. by this they mean team slayer, but we call it team jet packs because thats basically what it is anyways, on almost every single map.
>
> halo reach just feels like a mess of gimmicky joke mechanics, this being one of the biggest offenders.

I’ve had these exact kind of conversations with my friends… Especially arena. We were playing a game, and literally the WHOLE team was jet packing… And we were like ‘wait… Why the -Yoink!- do they even have jet packs in arena?!!’ Arena is pretty much the most compettetive playlist in Halo: Reach… And they put the JET PACK in it? Wow bungie, nice goin…

I don’t mind jet pack too much because I can still usually outsmart the person jetpacking and kill them… Its when half or more of the team is using it at once, then it just gets annoying. I agree with you 100%, take out the jet pack in pretty much every playlist minus action sack and maybe one or two others.

YOU HAVE A POWER WEAPON? HURR DURR I GO UP IN AIR AND YOU CAN’T HIT ME!!!1111

YOU HAVE BETTER MAP CONTROL? HURR DURR I JET UP TO YOUR BASES AND NOW THEY ALL BELONG TO ME!!1111

It’s not overpowered though, it’s just bad for competitive gameplay. Wouldn’t be half as bad as equipment, like in MLG, but I would like to see a complete removal.