does it matter?

does it really matter if halo 4 is going to use similair features to another game?
if so, then why?

People seem to forget that Halo: C.E. was heavily inspired and influenced by other works of science fiction such as James Cameron’s “Alien” and the novel “Ringworld”.

It isn’t about where the new features come from. It’s the features themselves.

It’s just that, I’ve always frowned upon call of duty, with their custom loadouts and perks, unfair starts, catering to noobs etc. Not because I don’t like the concept of it or that it has a bad reputation, but because of the unbalancing features. And I thought to myself “thank god i play Halo so i don’t have to live through that!”

Now I see the worst features of call of duty coming to Halo, and that obviously makes me rage. It’s not because it’s from ‘call of duty’, it’s because the features just suck in any game. The features coming over to Halo are the ones that made CoD suck in the first place.

In fact, custom loadouts aren’t as horrible in CoD as they would be in a Halo game because every weapon kills almost instantly there anyway. The results could be disastrous for Halo, a game based almost entirely around equal starts… Joins in mid-game are just horrible altogether.

It also saddens me because I feel that 343i are doing this to draw in more new players. And the way how to do that is to make the game user-friendly. And it’s the veterans, the competitive players, that suffer from it.

true and I agree do think that Halo has to evolve but it has to retain the original Halo playlists. I hope H4 has a classic slayer playlist as well as AA playlists. Some Halo 3 style competitive playlists would be good too as the Reach rating system was crap.

> does it really matter if halo 4 is going to use similair features to another game?
> if so, then why?

Personally, no, it doesn’t. It’s natural that the developers will be influenced by other successful or less successful developers, they are human after all. But what matters are what kind of stuff from other games that get implemented, stuff which may change the simple core gameplay aspect that Halo at least used to stand for.

I hope that H4 doesn’t have a classic playlist as such, where they deliberately tries to strive for CE gameplay, cause it won’t happen. Maybe a few playlists where join-in-progress and instaspawns and perhaps even radar are removed would be enough for me. I don’t want the mess that Reach MP brought.

You know how people are. They wan’t to stick to the same thing over and over and over again. I for 1 really like the new ideas they are putting in. I have no problem with that. I will play no matter how it is.

No it doesn’t, I for one like that there are some features in it that I’ve loved in other games, some of the names kind of suck, but I don’t care all that much, like EpicGamerMonkey said, Halo CE was heavily inspired and influenced by a lot of SciFi.

Also Daitor, remember just because they was the worst features in COD, doesn’t mean they’ll be the exact same feature in Halo 4.

Hell, games need to share ideas more, not less. Imagine if every AAA game after Halo 3 had developed their own variant of Forge… gaming would be in a much better place.

Some cool features from another game, sure why not. But taking tones of features that most generic FPS’s have, this is where problems come in, Halo has always been unique till now, its adopting all these generic features that pretty much every other game has.

see guys, was it really that hard to be constructive? :wink:

> People seem to forget that Halo: C.E. was heavily inspired and influenced by other works of science fiction such as James Cameron’s “Alien” and the novel “Ringworld”.

I think that elites (Sangheilli) were created by combining Alien and Predator.

Anyone else notice this?

> see guys, was it really that hard to be constructive? :wink:

Judging from this forum, it’s pretty much impossible.

> You know how people are. They wan’t to stick to the same thing over and over and over again. I for 1 really like the new ideas they are putting in. I have no problem with that. I will play no matter how it is.

Someone deserves a golden cookie!

> > see guys, was it really that hard to be constructive? :wink:
>
> Judging from this forum, it’s pretty much impossible.

people are to emotional, they need to stop and think before posting, something i struggle to do myself.

my view is that it doesn’t matter, what matters is how its implemented, seeing as we don’t know how these things are implemented we don’t know if it is good or bad, they could very well be inovating the features and balancing them so they work …

i wonder, how could all this impact forge?

> > People seem to forget that Halo: C.E. was heavily inspired and influenced by other works of science fiction such as James Cameron’s “Alien” and the novel “Ringworld”.
>
> I think that elites (Sangheilli) were created by combining Alien and Predator.
>
> Anyone else notice this?

Thats the Predalien silly!

> > People seem to forget that Halo: C.E. was heavily inspired and influenced by other works of science fiction such as James Cameron’s “Alien” and the novel “Ringworld”.
>
> I think that elites (Sangheilli) were created by combining Alien and Predator.
>
> Anyone else notice this?

was my thoughts the first time i watched an alien vs predator film, good choice though, those beasts look epic.

Yes.

Trying to transcend genres to appeal to fans of other games already failed with reach. Its not going to work in Halo 4 either.

If people prefer CoD, why the hell would they choose a quasi-CoD clone with longer kill times over the next CoD? They won’t.

Do you mean from other franchises or just other Halo games?

According to this forum, yes, yes it is.

> Do you mean from other franchises or just other Halo games?

other franchises,