Does it have an effect?

Whenever me or my friend play as Cutter we seem to always get a few warthogs mid-game find the enemies reactors and MAC them but is it really worth it to do this, does it have that much of an effect?

That’s a huge waste of resources. You’re wasting 600 to kill something that’s (usually) worth 100. They can easily scare you off and throw in another unit. Especially if they’re Covenant, since they don’t need a Hall to do so.

Not only that but they get a defense boost while inside that reactor, so they can survive and live long enough for your units to be destroyed.

> That’s a huge waste of resources. You’re wasting 600 to kill something that’s (usually) worth 100. They can easily scare you off and throw in another unit. Especially if they’re Covenant, since they don’t need a Hall to do so.
>
> Not only that but they get a defense boost while inside that reactor, so they can survive and live long enough for your units to be destroyed.

I was actually talking about UNSC base reactors which can vary from 600 to 1200 resources, we don’t bother with temples because they are usually covered by shield generators. Sorry I should have elaborated more.

Reactors have a lot of health so it’s not worth it. If you have an upgraded mac blast, use it on their units, not their buildings.

At that time, there will usually be two reactors, one that’s 500 and one that’s 250. Even if you kill the reactor that is worth 500, you have lost 600 resources and you will most likely lose some if not all your hogs to a tank or covie, which is about another 500 per player. This won’t be effective as there is no guarantee and you are using more resources. However, I suggest attacking early to stop depos, summits, halls, etc, but without macing. Have your friend take on one player and then you take on the other. If a situation demands otherwise, you can team up on one player. However, your goal as double unsc is late game, in which your units will be more powerful.

As BB said Reactors have alot of health so there isn’t much point, plus at best your going to take them down from 4 to 2 tech, they can still build most of there units at this tech level and a reactor is usually quite easy to replace (which is one thing i have to laugh at most prophet players for)

the only time I would use my mac on a building is when somebody is researching something and downteched. I would mac for example a vehicle depot when somebody is researching power turret and he recycled 1/2 reactors.

but using your mac on a reactor is useless yeah

> Reactors have a lot of health so it’s not worth it. If you have an upgraded mac blast, use it on their units, not their buildings.

I agree for the most part.

Though there are a few extreme circumstances where I would leader power a reactor. If an enemy is cutter, tech 3 on one base (single + double), I will use whatever I can to get him off tech 3 and stop him from dropping ODST.

The question you should ask yourself when you use a leader power is: Will I destroy building/units equivalent to the 600 I spend? It is hard to answer yes to this question if buildings are your sole target.

Not.At.All.

You would be harming yourself by doing this. The supplies needed to MAC is large and leaves your sort of defenseless for a counter-attack. Also, if you do happen to destroy the reactor it cost a lot less to rebuild and upgrade it, and less time.

Just build tanks and take the whole base down!!! Use the 1200 in resources from both to mac the base and kill it off with some power turret/cannister shell rounds.