Does it feel like the last game with the Chief?

I don’t know, but I can’t shake the feeling that I get from all the campaign footage, that it just feels like the last Halo with Chief. Maybe it’s the darker tone that gives me the feeling but every clip I see just sort drives that feeling further and further.

I mean, I know 343i has stated several times that this is going to be the darkest campaign in Halo so far, and it definitely feels that way from the footage I’m seeing. But, when they started Halo 4 they said that this would be a trilogy. The “Reclaimer” saga, as they called it. I don’t know if they’re sticking to that title.

But I really just feel like Master Chief doesn’t have another campaign left in him.

Does anybody else get that feeling?

Not in the slightest.

It does kinda seem that way, but I sense that Chief and Locke are gonna end up fighting together side by side much like the chief and arbiter.

If you take in account what 343i has been saying about he universe changing, and watch the latest “experience” videos. I get the feeling that its not his last game, but he might take a back seat. The “official word is chief is dead” and “you are the unofficial word locke” make me feel like if ONI isnt brought down, chief will be on the run for a while.

If they did kill him off, they know it would piss off soooo many people. If that did happen, used copy for me. They wouldnt get a penny from me :slight_smile:

It certainly feels like that, which I believe is what 343i is aiming at, but I am more than certain our beloved green hero won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.
I think it was said that the writing team already has an idea for where Chief is going in the next game, although I could be wrong and they just said the story as a whole.
Eiethr way, I doubt they’re getting rid of him, but certainly making it seem like that.

Oh boy, the Illuminati-Theory’s hits also Halo 5. A friend of a friend of mine, who actually call himself an big Halo Fan and were so much excited for Halo5, actually cancelt the preorder of Halo 5 ONLY bacause of that, because he believes Locke is mostly the only payable Character and Master Chief will be die… yeah of course, …

> 2533274829152119;6:
> Oh boy, the Illuminati-Theory’s hits also Halo 5. A friend of a friend of mine, who actually call himself an big Halo Fan and were so much excited for Halo5, actually cancelt the preorder of Halo 5 ONLY bacause of that, because he believes Locke is mostly the only payable Character and Master Chief will be die… yeah of course, …

No offense, but your friend is so dumb he doesn’t deserve to play Halo 5 anyways.

What if we find out that chief is really flipyap?

> 2535456533691021;8:
> What if we find out that chief is really flipyap?

Banned. So banned.

> 2533274913936758;7:
> > 2533274829152119;6:
> > Oh boy, the Illuminati-Theory’s hits also Halo 5. A friend of a friend of mine, who actually call himself an big Halo Fan and were so much excited for Halo5, actually cancelt the preorder of Halo 5 ONLY bacause of that, because he believes Locke is mostly the only payable Character and Master Chief will be die… yeah of course, …
>
>
> No offense, but your friend is so dumb he doesn’t deserve to play Halo 5 anyways.

Why should i take it as offensive, he is a friend of a friend of mine(the reason why, should be obvious)… i also find he is dumb…

No. This, especially considering Frank already said so.

(SPOILERS) Chief and Locke are fighting when the gaurdian dies/ blows up and causes the HALO to blow up, killing Osiris and blue team. (The rest of the game is a cutscene) Luckily the Warden uses a foreunner shield called the Nucleus to protect them from the blast. With the universe now in ruins, chief turns to locke and exclaims, “Look… What… YOU DID!!!” He shoots Locke and kills him, the warden also becomes enraged and throws chief into space. FYI Locke and Chief DIDN’T HAVE THIER HELMETS ON! Master chief looks like Brad Pitt without long hair.

Well, they ended the Marcus Fenix saga after Gears of War 1, 2 and 3. Judgment (Reach version kinda of the Gears franchise but much worse) wasn’t the same without the hero Marcus Fenix. When they kill the heroes we love, it also kills the franchise. I mean c’mon, A Halo future completely without John-117? Oh man…

Halo 4: “John, you are the culmination of a thousand lifetimes of planning. Everything that has ever happened to the human race was designed solely to have you as the end goal.”

Halo 5: “Oh drat, he’s dead. It seems that was a complete waste of everyone’s time. Sorry guys, really thought it would work out, my bad. Back to making more killer robots.”

ABSOLUTELY NOT

They’ve said they have an idea of how Chief’s story will end. It’s not gonna be in Halo 5, and I can’t imagine them killing off or otherwise retiring Chief in a game where you don’t play as him, that would be horribly anticlimactic.

So at the very least we’ll still play as Chief in Halo 6.

Thays like saying Mario will die off and a new plumber will take his place. He is the face of Microsoft. Not happening.

Only possible way to retire chief is to put him in a Bruce / McGinnis role (batman beyond) he wouldn’t be dead, but could still guide us and be with us every step of the way.

Well his story is supposed to be concluded in Halo 6, so I feel like we are reading books, and this is the one right before the final release. We are leading up into the end and from what I can tell, 343i is really putting a lot into the story and lore of Halo. So be ready for some twists and turns. If you look back on all that has been told thus far, we keep getting told he is dead and a traitor and then he isn’t dead and people don’t want to believe he is a traitor. So be ready for some crazy storyline and then the climax of 6 will be outrageous I’m sure. But there will be more Halo games, and they won’t all have Chief in them. We do need to realize now that he isn’t so invincible. I’m not saying he will die in this one or Halo 6, just that he has a story and at some point it will end.

The writing is on the Walls there pushing Locke pretty hard controller and console based on his armor heck even gamestop is giving his armor and battle rifle as pre order bonus yup the chief is dead.</sarcasm>

No. I’m guessing a 1-2 player co-op campaign with Chief and Locke in Halo 6! Quote me on it!