Does it count as quitting when...

… my connection lags me out from a game? I’ve recently switched to a faster ISP and it would seem that it’s having “teething problems” at the moment, causing me to randomly lag out from games.

I have contacted my ISP, and I have received no response as of yet.

As you can see from my game history, it says that I quit from the game, as per the DNF. However, if you look at it from this page (first Arcade Fight, Outlook), you’ll see that I have a much higher score than what the other page says - as if I didn’t actually quit from the game. To me, everyone else quits the game, leaving me on my own.

I’m confused about this situation - and it would be a real shame if it turns out that the automated system will ban me for actually doing nothing wrong. I do not quit games. I work very hard to plan what times are best for me to play Reach, to stop me from having to quit out from a game, upsetting my team, losing bonus credits you gain from not quitting, and having a risk of not being able to play at all.

So… will I get banned? If I will, I shall accept it - the automated system is just doing its job. However, I will be extremely furious with my new ISP.

You probably won’t get banned, and they’ll be able to tell if your on a new ISP, so if you message someone about it should the worst happen you shouldn’t have a problem.

To answer your question, I think it does.

> … my connection lags me out from a game? I’ve recently switched to a faster ISP and it would seem that it’s having “teething problems” at the moment, causing me to randomly lag out from games.
>
> I have contacted my ISP, and I have received no response as of yet.
>
> As you can see from my game history, it says that I quit from the game, as per the DNF. However, if you look at it from this page (first Arcade Fight, Outlook), you’ll see that I have a much higher score than what the other page says - as if I didn’t actually quit from the game. To me, everyone else quits the game, leaving me on my own.
>
> I’m confused about this situation - and it would be a real shame if it turns out that the automated system will ban me for actually doing nothing wrong. I do not quit games. I work very hard to plan what times are best for me to play Reach, to stop me from having to quit out from a game, upsetting my team, losing bonus credits you gain from not quitting, and having a risk of not being able to play at all.
>
> So… will I get banned? If I will, I shall accept it - the automated system is just doing its job. However, I will be extremely furious with my new ISP.

Hats off to you sir, for actually understanding the situation.

Though I don’t think quit bans apply to FireFight. I mean, why would it bother the rest, it’s more kills for them. The AI isn’t as smart as the real player. It’s only the quitter being affected. I’d understand Team Slayer and all those other game types, but not FireFight.

But yeah, talk to your ISP and get them to fix their crap.

Ah, that is good news. Thank you for clearing things up. :slight_smile:

You’re not the only one having problems since 343i took over. I just got disconnected before the match began and now I’ve been temporarily banned. Sure, my ISP isn’t great infact its pretty mediocre, but I’ve rarely had a poor connection. So my guesses this is a problem on 343i’s end. I’m just irritated that I’ve been banned - and I make a point of never quitting.

EDIT: Got unbanned, then played a game and then got disconnect, so I’ve been banned for the second time this evening. Seriously this needs to be sorted out asap because Reach has been almost unplayable tonight.

> You’re not the only one having problems since 343i took over. I just got disconnected before the match began and now I’ve been temporarily banned. Sure, my ISP isn’t great infact its pretty mediocre, but I’ve rarely had a poor connection. So my guesses this is a problem on 343i’s end. I’m just irritated that I’ve been banned - and I make a point of never quitting.
>
> EDIT: Got unbanned, then played a game and then got disconnect, so I’ve been banned for the second time this evening. Seriously this needs to be sorted out asap because Reach has been almost unplayable tonight.

Man, that absolutely sucks. I would seriously have a bone to pick with my ISP if I got banned for something that was out of my control. :confused:

It happened again since I made that post. I’m going to continue to rank up to Brigadier (Colonel grade 3 right now) but after that I’ll take a break and play Halo 3, so when I come back to Reach I won’t be on probation.