Does In-game Messaging Work for xbox Users?

So I’ve had people send in-game messages to me more and more as of late, but when I try it, it doesn’t seem to work. I hold the right trigger and press the left stick to open up the xbox keyboard and dialogue box. I type my message, hit send and the keyboard goes away, but nothing is entered into the chat box. I asked my friends if they received any chat messages on their screen, and nothing seems to pop up. Does this included game feature only work for PC players? Or am I missing a step or something? If anyone knows anything about this, please help! It looks as though it should work on the xbox, cause why else would it allow you to press right stick plus left trigger for this? Also please note that this topic is not regarding the voice to text, or text to voice feature. I just want to send simple and quick in game messages.

Pretty sure it doesnt work, i’ve tried a few times.

It used to work back when the game first came out. Then it stopped

I think the black dialogue box is for TTS, it might work with that.

I’ve used it and seen it used, it works

> 2533274818651339;5:
> I’ve used it and seen it used, it works

How do you get it to work?

> 2535421206711689;6:
> > 2533274818651339;5:
> > I’ve used it and seen it used, it works
>
> How do you get it to work?

If I remember correctly, hold in right trigger, click in right stick (or left stick I cant remember) you should see a box appear, then I believe you click both sticks at the same time, type your message, and press start. Your message won’t appear in the box but your teammates should see it. I think the fact that you won’t be able to see your own message is why some people think it doesn’t work. Like I said though I’ve seen it work before.

Hope those instructions help, it’s hard for me to remember without having the game in front of me.

Nope, it doesn’t work at all anymore. Used to.