Does Halo Reach take as much skill?

I am not sure, because i used to be great at halo 3 but when came halo reach, i got my a** handed to me and whenever i play online now adays, i play with legends-inheritors quite often which always kick my a** Not saying that i was terrible, but i wasn’t as good as halo 3

I don’t think it takes any more skill than the other Halo games. The armor abilities I thought were unmatched at times. Armor Lock was the biggest failure for that because of all its glitches.

In other words, I didn’t find that it took more skill even though I “technically” did better at Reach than with Halo 3 because I was new to matchmaking with Halo 3 when I got LIVE and had had it for awhile when Reach came out.

Think about this, are you trying to play Reach like Halo 3 or playing it like Reach?

Reach takes no skill whatsoever. You go in, roll through everything, come out the other end with a mountain of perfections, high kill rates, and a lotta angry players who hate you lol

My opinion is that Reach takes less skill than Halo 3.

I’d say Reach has more Skill Sets but when it comes to shooting… A person with poor weapons skills can do well in Reach if they are competent with other skill sets.

Example. In this video, I sucked at shooting back in April 2011. Occasionally get a lucky headshot… But my noob crutch is sprint and sword. The enemy took a 12 or more kill lead because they were much better team shooters than my team. But had sprint and boxer button layout… Perfect for CQC. Click for sprint clip spoiler alert. I went from the least amount of kills on my team to the most.

Or here when my shooting was even worse… I resorted to Armor Lock

20 sec lolmor lock

Many different skill sets in reach. But if you got the basic skills from halo 3 then you should do better than anyone who’s first halo experience is Reach.

I thought Reach was a pretty hard game to master, but that might be because it was my first real FPS and my first Halo. Reach had some glaring issues but I think they were easy to overlook.

> Reach takes no skill whatsoever.
> You go in, roll through everything, come out the other end with a mountain of perfections, high kill rates, and a lotta angry players who hate you lol

Lol you lucky, I always lose my perfection due to somebody spamming their DMR and getting lucky with the bloom, that or somebody camo sniping

I do see people get perfections but really only if they camp their butts off and just sit back at the base with sniper. I hate playing like that. I find it more effective to push toward the middle of the map, better sight lines, better map control, etc. Can’t stand when people just hide.

I’m extremelly looking forward to the Valhalla remake in H4. On H3 I used to get all my perfections on Standoff, Sandbox (Whatever it was called), and Valhalla.

All I have to do is figure out an easy way to kill that new Mech they added in, and I’ll be gettingn perfections all day in H4.

> I thought Reach was a pretty hard game to master, but that might be because it was my first real FPS and my first Halo. Reach had some glaring issues but I think they were easy to overlook.

Yeah the first FPS is always tough.

Some things are universal to FPS games:
Know the map inside and out
Know where every weapon and/or powerup is located
Know the respawn timers for weapons/powerups
Know the respawn points
Stick to the flanks
High ground is usually better (Not always, but in general)
Every power weapon you don’t grab, is one that the enemy will
Know the quickest route to each powerweapon/powerup from the round’s starting position
Always be strafing
Watch your teammate’s backs
Communication is a force multiplier

So you get those down, and on top of that you have to learn Reach’s specific mechanicss, which differ from other FPS games.

Now that you’ve got Reach under your belt, H4 will be easier for you to deal with, even though there will be subtle changes that you’ll have to deal with.

Less skill than previous Halos, but still more skill than most modern shooters.

I think the change from Halo 3 to Reach didn’t differ to me, I had just started to get good at Halo so was kind of the same for me. As for being owned by higher ranks I’ve noticed a vice versa as inheritors have been a worthless asset to the team or left and warrant officers have been doing good jobs in helping the team. Odd. Anyone else notice this or just me?