Does Halo 3 actually take more skill than Halo Reach?

I just played four games on Halo 3 and I must say that it is SO much easier than Reach. People say that Halo Reach is easier and all that but isn’t it actually the other way around?

There’s absolutely no way in hell Halo reach would be any harder than Halo 3 if there’s so many luck factors and game mechanics that favor bad players. It’s simple Halo Reach feels like it’s harder because you are just getting outplayed by crappy game mechanics and gimmicky crutches, when instead you should be rewarded more often.

> I just played four games on Halo 3 and I must say that it is SO much easier than Reach. People say that Halo Reach is easier and all that but isn’t it actually the other way around?

If you just played a level 50 MLG game and you thought H3 was easy compared to reach then you must be right. If it was any level 50 ranked match then you may have a point. If it was social slayer or anything below level 47 in any playlist… well then you dont really know what you are talking about

EDIT

Yeh level 27 matches in any playlist dont indicate that H3 is easier than reach. (not trying to be mean just saying)

From the people I played with, at this point, Halo 3 is really easy. As someone who would always end a game at around the middle of my team, I can pretty much carry my team in SWAT now in Halo 3 which I was never able to do. I’ve noticed from the people I played with, AFK’ers, boosters, people who are bad or new to the game, and a few hardcores are all that remains it seems. Unless you pair up with all hardcores, Halo 3 is extremely easy now because of it.

Meanwhile in Reach, I came close to perfections many times, got one in the beta, and can carry my team and complete objectives on my own most of the time. If Halo 3 was so easy and Reach was so hard, why was it the exact opposite for me during Halo 3’s high point?

Team-wise, Reach takes a bit more skill, due to the randomness of AA’s and whatnot.

Individually, Halo 3 takes way more skill.

On live No. Halo 3 on xbox live it only matters who has the better connection.

On LAN though Halo 3 takes more skill.

Yes, the only reason it feels the other way is because the skill gap is so much lowered in reach everybody is the same and nobody can carry. But if you play 50, just anything, you would see that halo 3 takes much more skills than halo reach takes. You can take me as an example, i can win against a person 25-0 in halo 3, but only win 25-5 or 10 in halo reach.

Both are pretty terrible catered to the casual crowd with bad game mecahnics, but I would say Halo 3 wins in individual skill required and fun factor. Although Reach could be better with a freakin TU.

> Both are pretty terrible catered to the casual crowd, but I would say Halo 3 wins in individual skill required and fun factor.

Agreed, a family member of mine who was horrible at H3 and H2… Actually keeps up with us in Reach. There’s just enough crutches where individual skill really doesnt matter a whole lot if teamwork is executed well.

Halo 3 destroys Reach. Sniping in Reach is way to easy. Not to mention kids who could never hold a candle to me can spam there DMR and randomly kill me in Reach. This is why so many lower leveled players like Reach so much, because now they have a chance to compete against players who have put in 100’s of hours in this series and somehow win.

For me it’s incredibly frustrating to be killed by newer Halo players in Reach. I’ve reached 37 in Halo 2 and had 2 50’s in Halo 3 (47 in MLG), but all that is thrown out the window with this game. All those hours, and I’m talking a ridiculous amount of hours, put into Halo should, by default, put me way ahead of everyone else but that’s not the case anymore.

As you can probably tell I despise Reach, but I have very high hopes for Halo 4.

> Halo 3 destroys Reach. Sniping in Reach is way to easy. Not to mention kids who could never hold a candle to me can spam there DMR and randomly kill me in Reach. This is why so many lower leveled players like Reach so much, because now they have a chance to compete against players who have put in 100’s of hours in this series and somehow win.
>
> For me it’s incredibly frustrating to be killed by newer Halo players in Reach. I’ve reached 37 in Halo 2 and had 2 50’s in Halo 3 (47 in MLG), but all that is thrown out the window with this game. All those hours, and I’m talking a ridiculous amount of hours, put into Halo should, by default, put me way ahead of everyone else but that’s not the case anymore.
>
> As you can probably tell I despise Reach, but I have very high hopes for Halo 4.

Very well said. I’ve been playing Halo for all 10 years. 5 of those years I have been playing competitively and it’s BS how I don’t have much of an advantage over new players. I hope the title update does this game some justice, but yeah hopefully Halo 4 is amazing!

Reach = teamwork
Halo 3 = Individual Skill

> Reach = teamwork
> Halo 3 = Individual Skill

lol

Playing the campaign then Reach is definitely easier, much more auto-aim. It only pulls back because Reach’s Elites are badass.
It is impossible for Reach to be anywhere near as hard as Halo 3 without Jackal Snipers being introduced.

> > Reach = teamwork
> > Halo 3 = Individual Skill
>
> lol
>
> Playing the campaign then Reach is definitely easier, much more auto-aim. It only pulls back because Reach’s Elites are Yoink!.
> It is impossible for Reach to be anywhere near as hard as Halo 3 without Jackal Snipers being introduced.

Campaign is insignificant and pointless.

> Reach = teamwork
> Halo 3 = Individual Skill

Reach = Poop
Halo 3 = connection host, ddos, teamwork, communication, and individual skill.

in halo you are supposed to be able to play as a team OR lone wolf.
This is much harder in reach. Why is that? because playing lone wolf just ends up getting you killed by some stupid AA.

I don’t see how you could say, with a serious face, that Reach takes more skill than Halo 3.

> I don’t see how you could say, with a serious face, that Reach takes more skill than Halo 3.

2 words.

armor.

lock.

I don’t think so. Halo 3 had ridiculously low skill gap.

Well what springs to mind when you say these two games is.

What takes more skill? Bloom or Spread? lol I don’t know both of these games were abit meh.

And I seriously don’t understand why Bungie likes to use random number generators to balance weapons, I.E Br overpowered, so spread was brought in, BR Spread OP’d Lets add bloom :/.