Does Halo 2 for Windows Vista work on windows 8

<div>I was thinking of getting Halo 2 for my laptop, and is was wondering if Halo 2 for Windows Vista worked on Windows 8</div>

also, can you get a USB cable for a 360 controller without getting another controller

If so, please repliy

I have windows 7 and it works perfectly fine. I don’t know for sure, but I’m pretty sure it will work fine on 8.

As for the controller, IDK you might be able to get it to work if you get the right drivers. I ended up using a third party controller or the keyboard works just fine.

I’ve been playing H2V on a Windows 7 PC for both campaign and online this month without any issues. I also pluged a wired 360 controller into an USB port and the drivers installed just fine. On Amazon, there are several USB adapters for the 360 controller available for $10 or less.

It seems like it would work on a newer operating system but I’m not sure

The official Microsoft Windows compatibility center reports that H2V works on Windows 8.

i am going to upgrade from 7 to 10 and i want to know if all my games will run on ten, if not i will be even more angry with microsoft than i am now, i want halo ce and halo 2 to work on ten, if they do not, i am sticking with windows 7.

hit n miss on 8.x in my experience, one computer with 8.1 it wouldn’t install, the setup program would just close when i clicked install. i had to install it in a virtual machine and then copy over the folder.
nothing wrong with my windows install, only other game installed was halo ce.

I have windows 8.1 and it works fine. I plug in my Xbox one controller and play on my surface pro 3 occasionally.

Don’t play it all that much. Although I do hope it works when I upgrade to Windows10.

Halo 2 works fine, if you sign into live, and let everything update.

> 2535405889397151;8:
> i am going to upgrade from 7 to 10 and i want to know if all my games will run on ten, if not i will be even more angry with microsoft than i am now, i want halo ce and halo 2 to work on ten, if they do not, i am sticking with windows 7.

I hate windows ten, too much useless apps and clutter. Windows 7 for life!

Are the servers down? Did they take them off?

It works on Windows 10, so it should work on Windows 8 no problem.

> 2533274800557191;13:
> Are the servers down? Did they take them off?

yes they did again, it is one of Microsofts ways of screwing us over and over.