Does Blue Team only have 3 missions?

That’s what I’ve heard.

yeah, apparently.

Yes.

Edit for the skeptical - Note: The following links are the mission list for H5 and detail the team you play as on each mission.

Here and Here

:frowning: I was hoping with the 15 total missions, we would have had close to the same number of missions per team.

I hope not

Yep.

If true I’m a bit shocked by that. If this is done in anyway where the Chief is marginalized I’m not sure I’m going to like the story. It may very well be that one day the Chief will have to take a back seat, but I didn’t feel that time was now.

It has been common knowledge from at least the 22nd with multiple threads. The knew actually surfaced on the 17th but the mods kept ignorantly locking them.

Which one is blue team?

With 12 missions for Osiris team and 3 Missions for Blue team, you will be playing as Locke a lot. My reasoning for this, is the desire to move Halo beyond the Chief. Star Wars is not Luke Skywalker. It’s not Anakin Skywalker. It’s not Han Solo. It’s a universe with many characters that we are invested in. 343 is trying to create a larger universe. The first step is to give us more characters to relate to. Putting Buck on Osiris team gives us a face and character we recognize while we grow accustom to the 3 new ones we play as and are surrounded by. As we bond with them, we will also take in more fiction and story of the greater Halo universe. Obviously, the Chief’s story has to have an end. It had a beginning. For him to be a truly great character that lives in this universe, he can not be reinvented and changed like Batman or Mario. He has to be a “real” person in this universe. He has to live, achieve, fail, learn, and ultimately, end. At this point, if the Chief ends, the franchise does. But if we build this universe beyond him, we will have many more great stories and experiences to enjoy. We will have more characters to believe in and relate to. So while I was awestruck and in disbelief when I saw the mission count between the two, once I had time to have it sink in, I am actually excited and okay with it!

> 2533274805762526;9:
> Which one is blue team?

MasterChiefs team. Lockes team is Osiris.

100% True.

> 2533274806844209;10:
> With 12 missions for Osiris team and 3 Missions for Blue team, you will be playing as Locke a lot. My reasoning for this, is the desire to move Halo beyond the Chief. Star Wars is not Luke Skywalker. It’s not Anakin Skywalker. It’s not Han Solo. It’s a universe with many characters that we are invested in. 343 is trying to create a larger universe. The first step is to give us more characters to relate to. Putting Buck on Osiris team gives us a face and character we recognize while we grow accustom to the 3 new ones we play as and are surrounded by. As we bond with them, we will also take in more fiction and story of the greater Halo universe. Obviously, the Chief’s story has to have an end. It had a beginning. For him to be a truly great character that lives in this universe, he can not be reinvented and changed like Batman or Mario. He has to be a “real” person in this universe. He has to live, achieve, fail, learn, and ultimately, end. At this point, if the Chief ends, the franchise does. But if we build this universe beyond him, we will have many more great stories and experiences to enjoy. We will have more characters to believe in and relate to. So while I was awestruck and in disbelief when I saw the mission count between the two, once I had time to have it sink in, I am actually excited and okay with it!

In Star Wars, there has always been an emphasis on other characters and the entire universe in general.
Halo has always revolved around Master Chief, almost exclusively. It’s only in the books where it follows other characters.
And watching the campaign, there is NO good explanation for introducing all these new characters. You’re just thrown in with them, as if they’ve been in the other games. It makes absolutely no sense.

> 2533274793616507;13:
> > 2533274806844209;10:
> > With 12 missions for Osiris team and 3 Missions for Blue team, you will be playing as Locke a lot. My reasoning for this, is the desire to move Halo beyond the Chief. Star Wars is not Luke Skywalker. It’s not Anakin Skywalker. It’s not Han Solo. It’s a universe with many characters that we are invested in. 343 is trying to create a larger universe. The first step is to give us more characters to relate to. Putting Buck on Osiris team gives us a face and character we recognize while we grow accustom to the 3 new ones we play as and are surrounded by. As we bond with them, we will also take in more fiction and story of the greater Halo universe. Obviously, the Chief’s story has to have an end. It had a beginning. For him to be a truly great character that lives in this universe, he can not be reinvented and changed like Batman or Mario. He has to be a “real” person in this universe. He has to live, achieve, fail, learn, and ultimately, end. At this point, if the Chief ends, the franchise does. But if we build this universe beyond him, we will have many more great stories and experiences to enjoy. We will have more characters to believe in and relate to. So while I was awestruck and in disbelief when I saw the mission count between the two, once I had time to have it sink in, I am actually excited and okay with it!
>
>
> In Star Wars, there has always been an emphasis on other characters and the entire universe in general.
> Halo has always revolved around Master Chief, almost exclusively. It’s only in the books where it follows other characters.
> And watching the campaign, there is NO good explanation for introducing all these new characters. You’re just thrown in with them, as if they’ve been in the other games. It makes absolutely no sense.

Did you not read my post? They are trying to grow it. It has to start some where. And actually, the Halo games have not been about Chief. They have been about saving humanity from the flood and the Covenant. The story was told through Chief, who was never really a character, only and avatar until Halo 4. They have been working to flesh out the Chief, hence Hunt the Truth, The Fall of Reach the animated series, and playing as Locke in Halo 5. Locke is being used to contrast the Chief. To give the player a reference point in the universe and story from which to view the Chief from an exterior angle.

> 2533274806844209;14:
> > 2533274793616507;13:
> > > 2533274806844209;10:
> > > With 12 missions for Osiris team and 3 Missions for Blue team, you will be playing as Locke a lot. My reasoning for this, is the desire to move Halo beyond the Chief. Star Wars is not Luke Skywalker. It’s not Anakin Skywalker. It’s not Han Solo. It’s a universe with many characters that we are invested in. 343 is trying to create a larger universe. The first step is to give us more characters to relate to. Putting Buck on Osiris team gives us a face and character we recognize while we grow accustom to the 3 new ones we play as and are surrounded by. As we bond with them, we will also take in more fiction and story of the greater Halo universe. Obviously, the Chief’s story has to have an end. It had a beginning. For him to be a truly great character that lives in this universe, he can not be reinvented and changed like Batman or Mario. He has to be a “real” person in this universe. He has to live, achieve, fail, learn, and ultimately, end. At this point, if the Chief ends, the franchise does. But if we build this universe beyond him, we will have many more great stories and experiences to enjoy. We will have more characters to believe in and relate to. So while I was awestruck and in disbelief when I saw the mission count between the two, once I had time to have it sink in, I am actually excited and okay with it!
> >
> >
> > In Star Wars, there has always been an emphasis on other characters and the entire universe in general.
> > Halo has always revolved around Master Chief, almost exclusively. It’s only in the books where it follows other characters.
> > And watching the campaign, there is NO good explanation for introducing all these new characters. You’re just thrown in with them, as if they’ve been in the other games. It makes absolutely no sense.
>
>
> Did you not read my post? They are trying to grow it. It has to start some where. And actually, the Halo games have not been about Chief. They have been about saving humanity from the flood and the Covenant. The story was told through Chief, who was never really a character, only and avatar until Halo 4. They have been working to flesh out the Chief, hence Hunt the Truth, The Fall of Reach the animated series, and playing as Locke in Halo 5. Locke is being used to contrast the Chief. To give the player a reference point in the universe and story from which to view the Chief from an exterior angle.

Really? Only an avatar? So I take it you haven’t really played the older games, have you? There’s a reason why Chief is considered one of the most memorable characters in Video Game history: He’s a badass. Just because he didn’t have emotional and big dynamic dialogue tied to his character, doesn’t mean he “wasn’t a character.”
Bungie grew the Arbiter’s story excellently in Halo 2. In Halo 5, there is literally no explanation for any of the characters being there. They’re just there. As if they’ve always have been. How is that a good way of growing something? Chief is also a borderline different character.

BTW, The games have been about saving humanity from the flood and the Covenant… Who saved them? Chief. LOL.

Should be the other way around. I can’t believe we only get to play as Master Chief in a Halo game for 3 levels. Really hope there’s more to it I don’t know about.

> 2533274800264382;16:
> Should be the other way around. I can’t believe we only get to play as Master Chief in a Halo game for 3 levels. Really hope there’s more to it I don’t know about.

Locke is hunting chief after all, so in terms of story seems logical for Locke to have more missions.

Wow, that’s sad. Master Chief was what made Halo be like what it is today.

How many speaking lines did he have? Have you watched a Michael Bay film? I love Halo and the expanded fiction. John-117 is a great character, but in the games, he does not do much besides kick -Yoink-. The characters around him are the ones you latch on to. Cortana, Johnson, the Arbiter. You love chief because he has been the vessel in which you have experienced all these moments. John-117 is fleshed out in the novels and other media. Halo 4 is the game in which you saw him interact with other characters more, and he felt like more than a vessel in which you experience a story. Halo 5 they are giving you him from another angle while also giving you new characters to care about. I myself am excited to get to play as Buck for 12 missions while my friend is Locke. It will be great to see Halo from another angle. That’s why I loved H3ODST and Reach!

I’ve heard that it might actually be 4 missions, but no proof for that. We might also get split missions.