Does anyone want the grenade launcher back?

Does anyone want the grenade launcher back? I know its probably too late for it to return in Halo 4, but maybe 5 or 6? I really enjoyed that weapon and was wondering if anyone else did. It had a learning curve, which I personally loved. The combining it with plasma grenades and the DMR on btb… that’s too much fun. Oh and on Sword Base it worked perfectly because if the other team ever try to hide/camp/defend an area you just bounce the grenades around the corner. Also if you don’t want the grenade launcher back, then what weapon do you want to return that probably won’t?

I like the grenade launcher, but I think the sticky detonator will do just fine as a substitute.

> Does anyone want the grenade launcher back? I know its probably too late for it to return in Halo 4, but maybe 5 or 6? I really enjoyed that weapon and was wondering if anyone else did. It had a learning curve, which I personally loved. The combining it with plasma grenades and the DMR on btb… that’s too much fun. Oh and on Sword Base it worked perfectly because if the other team ever try to hide/camp/defend an area you just bounce the grenades around the corner. Also if you don’t want the grenade launcher back, then what weapon do you want to return that probably won’t?

The Sticky detonator already filles in that role as far as UNSC weapons are concerned, so it won’t come back

That is where you and I differ, the bounce and emp are more useful than head on sticking and trapping IMO.

I loved the grenade launcher and I’m sad that it’s not in Halo 4.

I had a post like this a while back.
A lot of people love the Grenade Launcher. Myself being one of those people. But I’ll see how the sticky detonator works before I start wishing the grenade laucher returns.

I use plasma grenades when i need to stick someone and the sticky detonator looks like one of those pick up and use

Meh have mixed feelings about it. But it won’t be missed

Saying that the Sticky Detonator is a suitable substitute is just horribly wrong. They are both completely different. The SD is like a C4 launcher, mostly meant for trapping and mine placement. It sticks, doesn’t bounce, no EMP, and can’t detonate mid-air. However, the GL does all of those things. It’s a timing, banking, arcing trickshot weapon that required great skill to use. That’s why it is so appealing, and that’s why both the SD and GL have a place in the sandbox. They’re quite different from each other. If you want to say they’re too similar, then look at the precision weapons. They all have similarities, but apparently have enough differences to warrant their inclusions.

Wish it were in, but I’ll deal. Maybe Infinity got a late shipment or something and we’ll get it in Spartan Ops or Halo 5.

Hopefully it is in the next game.

I’m fine without it, the Grenade Launcher had a more ‘Reach’ visual tone to it whereas the sticky detenator looks more like a ‘halo’ weapon.

I think it should be left out.

Nope :slight_smile: Never a fan of it.

> I’m fine without it, the Grenade Launcher had a more ‘Reach’ visual tone to it whereas the sticky detenator looks more like a ‘halo’ weapon.
>
> I think it should be left out.

I suppose remodeling isn’t an option…

> > I’m fine without it, the Grenade Launcher had a more ‘Reach’ visual tone to it whereas the sticky detenator looks more like a ‘halo’ weapon.
> >
> > I think it should be left out.
>
> I suppose remodeling isn’t an option…

Well why bother doing a durastic redesign; the model fits its purpose?

And why bother changing the functionality, the Sticky Detenator already fills its niche?

Yes i loved it… but isn’t to much necessary now that the banshee can’t do that special thing most people do to spawn kill.

Though the Sticky Detonator is interesting, it’s definitely not a proper substitute to the Grenade Launcher. I, for one, will greatly miss it.

> > > I’m fine without it, the Grenade Launcher had a more ‘Reach’ visual tone to it whereas the sticky detenator looks more like a ‘halo’ weapon.
> > >
> > > I think it should be left out.
> >
> > I suppose remodeling isn’t an option…
>
> Well why bother doing a durastic redesign; the model fits its purpose?
>
> And why bother changing the functionality, the Sticky Detenator already fills its niche?

The Sticky D. and Launcher are much different. Launcher grenades bounced, had EMP, was overall a bit more flexible, while Sticky D. is more of a trap weapon, sticks to surface, has a radar, etc.

Actually, I wonder if they could combine the two in Halo 5. Alternate ammo/firing modes, perhaps? Would be interesting.

[STICKY DETONATOR] Frank - I love this thing. I love the fact that I can use it strategically or tactically, but it’s definitely a weapon that requires a lot of skill and planning. In reality <mark>that’s what it has in common with the Grenade Launcher, but it’s not a replacement</mark>. I think the same kind of players will use it though – that is to say folks who like to spend time mastering its nuance. The audio indicator means it’s not a foolproof trap you can set people up with, but when it works, it’s incredibly satisfying. VERY tough to stick people with directly, but fun when it happens.

The Halo Bulletin: 8.8.12HALO BULLETIN 8/8/12

Sorry if it comes out wrong, I don’t post much

Definitely my favorite power weapon, sad its gone.