Does anyone remember....

What is was like to play games that didn’t have stats? To buy a game and have everything available to you right then and there, no purchasing DLC or buying an advantage over others? What it was like to play a game just for the fun of it?

I was just thinking about this because of the SE Halo 4 players that are at lvl 70 and complaining that they can’t rank up yet… yea you miss out on some XP… but why not play matches just to have fun? You still get your stats…

I remember back in Halo 2 when all you had to worry about was your silly little rank indicator next to your name.

Yeah, Halo 2’s rank system was broken and moronic in structure, but still. It was kind of neat watching people fumble about over one stupid thing.

I loved Halo CE, even Delta Force for the PC… but can you imagine going back to a game that doesn’t record the stats anymore? People complain constantly about what we didn’t have back then but we do now… I understand criticism, but complete disrespect for what people worked hard to give to others and complete non-appreciation is just everywhere on these forums.

I think it’s great that we have more stats available now, Halo 2 had quite alot of stats if I remember correctly, granted not as much as we have now, but they’re a nice addition if your playing competitive ranked games. Granted, since H4 has no ranked games it’s kind of pointless having so many stats IMO, but it’s still nice to look at every now and then and see how you are doing.

With regards to people complaining about not being able to lvl past 70 yet, I think that’s both understandable and worrying at the same time. Everyone should be able to lvl up to the same rank, regardless of whether you bought LE or normal H4, but at the same time, it’s only an XP rank, not as if you’re missing out on much, only a few new armours and that’s it, not exactly showing how skilful you are just how much spare time you have.

> Everyone should be able to lvl up to the same rank, regardless of whether you bought LE or normal H4, but at the same time, it’s only an XP rank, not as if you’re missing out on much, only a few new armours and that’s it, not exactly showing how skilful you are just how much spare time you have.

That’s pretty much my point. You still get stats and everything. Sure it sucks that you’re wasting XP… It will only be the same thing once you hit lvl 130.