Does anyone remember Invasion Slayer?

I can’t remember how this games supposed to play out, of course its so niche I couldn’t find anything on YouTube.

I don’t remember if there is supposed to be nothing on the map.

I remember it, back in the days when map voting was a thing in Halo, invasion had quite a few variants to choose from, I think skirmish was one of them too, if I recall correctly depending on the version of invasion slayer, you would start with having weapon pickups on the map , and you’d start with a basic automatic weapon loadout and as the game progressed and a certain kill threshold was met, you’d automatically be upgraded with a DMR/Needle Rifle loadout, some variants would have you capture a point before vehicles would spawn in for your team

Invasion Slayer gameplay

it’d be nice to see a social invasion playlist come to Halo MCC and bundle all the old variants in.

I could only find this on Halopedia:

Invasion Slayer is a variant of the Invasion game type introduced in Halo: Reach.

Like normal Slayer, in Invasion Slayer the goal is to score more kills than the opposing team. Like Invasion, Invasion Slayer has a team of Spartans facing off against a team of Elites. A match is divided into three phases, however unlike Invasion the phases advance based on either team reaching a certain number of total kills or a certain time limit passing, whichever comes first.
As successive phases begin, new loadouts are available to each team as well as better weapon and vehicle spawns. Rather than having static spawn locations like other game types, weapons and vehicles in Invasion Slayer spawn once a team has captured a control point which will appear at various locations around the map over the course of a game. Once the point is captured by teammates standing in the designated area, a brief countdown begins at the end of which a couple of weapons or a vehicle will spawn where the point was located.
Typically then the control point moves to another location, however it may not reappear if there are too many vehicles on the map already. Once enough have been destroyed another point will appear.

> 2533274947044147;2:
> I remember it, back in the days when map voting was a thing in Halo, invasion had quite a few variants to choose from, I think skirmish was one of them too, if I recall correctly depending on the version of invasion slayer, you would start with having weapon pickups on the map , and you’d start with a basic automatic weapon loadout and as the game progressed and a certain kill threshold was met, you’d automatically be upgraded with a DMR/Needle Rifle loadout, some variants would have you capture a point before vehicles would spawn in for your team
>
> Invasion Slayer gameplayit’d be nice to see a social invasion playlist come to Halo MCC and bundle all the old variants in.

I see its on that map. Was trying to play it on Boneyard and spawned in with nothing around. Was super confused, but now I vaguely remember that Invasion Slayer was played on regular BTB maps that supported it.

Invasion Slayer I mostly remember on Hemorrhage. Not a bad gametype but also like not the best. Kinda meh.

The humans vs elites thing was fun (yay having somewhat of an option of playable elites) but I preferred the regular invasion much more.