Does anyone play the objective?

More times than not when I play solo BTB no one plays the objective for strongholds. I constantly see people run by the points so I’m left capping them alone. It’s very frustrating. Doesn’t anyone want to win? Do they not understand what these big bright blue/red diamonds mean? I shouldn’t have to play with friends to not get paired with idiots almost every game. Anyone else feel the same?

Happens way to often. I just try to do everything myself, usually fail horribly!

Yup… Worse on ranked arena. Funny thing my teammates smack talk me for being top of the team for doing objectives including in warzone.(with boss kills) Then, I start losing my mind and start betraying. Sorry.

I used to hate Objectives…but I really enjoy running the flag now in team arena

I often get criticized for playing the objectives as well. Especially when going for commendations. CTF I’ll defend home base for flag defense medals, get called a camper.

Strongholds I’ll work on capture spree medals, get called an idiot for not defending ones we already have.

I even get called a kill stealer and hand holder in slayer when working on bulldozer medals.

if not in the mod I dont play objective, of course I am aware of loosing

> 2661949065475413;5:
> I often get criticized for playing the objectives as well. Especially when going for commendations. CTF I’ll defend home base for flag defense medals, get called a camper.
>
> Strongholds I’ll work on capture spree medals, get called an idiot for not defending ones we already have.
>
> I even get called a kill stealer and hand holder in slayer when working on bulldozer medals.

I think all depends on game’s flow. like in stronghold, if the map control is well stabilized or a territory is been attack you should defend it, if the game flows like capturing in circles is good to keep capturing.

same thing for stealing kills, some times I have intentionally prepared the last shot on a team mate gunfight and other times I just want to help ! I would not complain if I get a "protector " medal

PTFO FTW lololol

This is why I think team arena and any objective gametype should not count towards KDA. A good KDA will help your team win, but is useless if the objective is ignored.

Sorry to be that guy, but to me Halo has always been slayer, and if I’m in a playlist that mixes in objective game types… well, it’s still just slayer to me.

I don’t like Capture the flag. But I still play the objective. But I will also say, I’m not going to make suicide runs trying to take a flag or take a location. Sometimes the best way to play the objective is to simply go for kills.

When it makes sense… There’s no sense in just blindly running in to grab a flag, unless you just need to touch it to keep the chances for a point alive, for example… I generally slay.

People care more about their K/D than they do the objective at hand…

> 2661949065475413;5:
> I often get criticized for playing the objectives as well. Especially when going for commendations. CTF I’ll defend home base for flag defense medals, get called a camper.
>
> Strongholds I’ll work on capture spree medals, get called an idiot for not defending ones we already have.
>
> I even get called a kill stealer and hand holder in slayer when working on bulldozer medals.

Haha I just got a message yesterday being called a “camper” because I was defending the flag. I guess we’re just supposed to stay away from the flag, let them grab it and then kill them halfway back to their base.

All this underscores why we need a separate playlist for objective type games instead of the mish-mash we have now where nobody is happy…

I try to play the objective, but I swear, sometimes my teammates want me dead because of it. I had the flag in CTF on Coliseum once, and I had the opportunity to get a Flagsassination. Halfway through the animation, my teammate kills me and my enemy with a Rocket Launcher.

> 2661949065475413;5:
>
>

Back when deadlock had gun gooses I got called a hacker because I drove the gungoose into the flag room, parked it and proceeded to use the infinite grenades on the front door so the enemy couldn’t get in there door to capture our flag. He then betrayed me and called me a -Yoink!- just for doing some flag defense.

> 2533274879407634;17:
> > 2661949065475413;5:
> > I often get criticized for playing the objectives as well. Especially when going for commendations. CTF I’ll defend home base for flag defense medals, get called a camper.
> >
> > Strongholds I’ll work on capture spree medals, get called an idiot for not defending ones we already have.
> >
> > I even get called a kill stealer and hand holder in slayer when working on bulldozer medals.
>
>
> Back when deadlock had gun gooses I got called a hacker because I drove the gungoose into the flag room, parked it and proceeded to use the infinite grenades on the front door so the enemy couldn’t get in there door to capture our flag. He then betrayed me and called me a -Yoink!- just for doing some flag defense.

I guess you could say you forced a…
Deadlock…

/sunglasses

> 2661949065475413;18:
> > 2533274879407634;17:
> > > 2661949065475413;5:
> > > I often get criticized for playing the objectives as well. Especially when going for commendations. CTF I’ll defend home base for flag defense medals, get called a camper.
> > >
> > > Strongholds I’ll work on capture spree medals, get called an idiot for not defending ones we already have.
> > >
> > > I even get called a kill stealer and hand holder in slayer when working on bulldozer medals.
> >
> >
> > Back when deadlock had gun gooses I got called a hacker because I drove the gungoose into the flag room, parked it and proceeded to use the infinite grenades on the front door so the enemy couldn’t get in there door to capture our flag. He then betrayed me and called me a -Yoink!- just for doing some flag defense.
>
>
> I guess you could say you forced a…
> Deadlock…
>
> /sunglasses

-Yoink!- it pie, lol where do you come up with this ability to make any thread funny?

> 2533274825101441;11:
> I don’t like Capture the flag. But I still play the objective. But I will also say, I’m not going to make suicide runs trying to take a flag or take a location. Sometimes the best way to play the objective is to simply go for kills.

Generally if your team can outslay on CTF, it should be easier for your objective players to grab the flag. That’s all hypothetical though, lol!

I get what you’re saying though OP. It would be nice if players sometimes made more of an effort to capture the objective.