Does anyone know if we can turn off...

…the random weapon spawns in Forge? Picking the right weapons for the right places for your map is important for directing map flow and general risk/reward, I’d rather have control over it myself.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Bringing back this tread now that we’ve seen Gamespot’s Forge walkthrough.

Any new info?

> …the random weapon spawns in Forge? Picking the right weapons for the right places for your map is important for directing map flow and general risk/reward, I’d rather have control over it myself. Thanks!

I don’t see why we wouldn’t be able to.

OP updated.

You get to choose whether or not you have weapon drops, and where to place them. Also is the ability to place weapons around your map a la Halo 3 and Reach.

In the forge video, I saw 3 options for “Ordinance Drop”:

1. Initial drop
  2. Random drop
  3. Objective drop

I was hoping to see an option called “Fixed drop” that provides the exact behavior we had in previous Halo titles, but it was not there.

The only hope I have for the ability to disable “random weapon drop” lies in the details of “random drop” settings. I imagine that in these settings we can find ways to eliminate randomness completely and enforce the “fixed drop” behavior.

Oh wait, I noticed that you can also spawn individual weapons. Look at the Forge menu here: http://youtu.be/lOJ5lqXXtpU?hd=1&t=3m27s

I have a feeling you’ll be able to program the drops. If you want a fixed-weapon drop, you’d set it for, say, Rocket Launcher. If you want Infinity-style random drops, you’ll choose a few different weapons (Sniper, Rocket, Sticky D., etc.) which can all spawn randomely, or perhaps even in a controllable, predictable pattern you set.

You can make random drop pods, initial drop pods and onjective drop pods. Thats what it said in the video.

Yes in a way you can OP. In the forge video we saw the option for ordnance drops HOWEVER what everyone in this thread seems to over look is they also had the options to set each weapon individually.

I bet it was a pain making forge with all the programing and option for this and that and lighting
I wonder how much time it took to make it all together ?

> You can make random drop pods, initial drop pods and onjective drop pods. Thats what it said in the video.

You can also place normal weapons on the map though. Not to mention since we know POD is a game option, then the global ordinance drops should also be one.