Does anyone just not like multiplayer anymore?

So I’ve been an avid Halo player for all of my life. Played since CE. I own every game. Even Spartan assault, Strike, and the original ports of Halo 1 and 2 on PC as well as MCC for both xbox one and PC. I’ve played the multiplayers on all of these but nowadays I just find multiplayer to be a drag. For me social gametypes seem to be filled with players that forget they’re playing social and it’s super sweaty and competitive is…well forget it. Good luck. I’ve always preferred the campaign and story but during the time of Reach I got into multiplayer alot more and loved it. Kinda looking forward to Halo 4s release on PC as it’s a more casual game but as of right now I’m strongly considering just quitting multiplayer. It’s just not fun anymore. Then again it never really was. I used to always just play customs. Big team is ok but after a while even that gets old…also I hate these challenges they keep giving us like that new sniper rifle skin…I mean level 20 in a competitive playlist? Forget about it…every game is just my team getting stomped on. I don’t get it. I used to be really good at all the halos. Bar the exception of Halo Wars I’ve beaten them all on legendary but now it seems like the people who play them must play them for breakfast lunch and dinner because I just can’t compete anymore.

Yeah, that’s how I feel. Every game I get into in socials is stupidly sweaty, and it’s because of this stupid “skill-based” matchmaking. My team always ends up being terrible and I can’t do anything on my own in a 4v1, not to mention that they always seem to be above my skill level anyway. The dead population doesn’t help. It makes PVP challenges absolutely INFURIATING to do, and so I’ve just given up on playing social multiplayer. The only time I’ll ever do it is if I know I’m in a dead playlist and will get partied with friends.

After playing Halo for over a decade I do feel like my enjoyment of the multiplayer has …stagnated and has become a less enjoyable experience, that might change with infinite, but for now I’m having more fun finally going through my backlog of single player games.

Personally find Halo 5 MP to be the most fun I’ve had since Halo 3. It’s my most played game the entire console generation, and that’s thanks to the incredible multiplayer.

However, I will agree that I can see why some find it TOO competitive, even in social playlists. But I find the Fiesta modes and other cool modes kind of help with that, along with custom games browser.

Unless you’re talking only about MCC in which case, I don’t play that as much. Halo 5, though, HIGHLY recommended.

H5 multiplayer is so unfun for me

I too mostly prefer playing Custom Gametypes & Maps these days and MCC is working towards having a Custom Games Browser so that might be more your speed once that is a thing

I hope when the Custom Games Browser is added that would also have Challenges related to it so it would incentivize more folks to do some Non-Serious Game Modes more often as well ahahaha

Agreed

Yep. I had to stop playing multiplayer.
Full parties or close to it vs. Me and randoms.
These parties don’t do ranked.
If mcc user interface made it easier to invite players, it would help. I can’t play with friends since no one I know has played halo multi since halo 4.
The debate about whether parties should match other parties was shot down.

> 2533274808453107;8:
> Yep. I had to stop playing multiplayer.
> Full parties or close to it vs. Me and randoms.
> These parties don’t do ranked.
> If mcc user interface made it easier to invite players, it would help. I can’t play with friends since no one I know has played halo multi since halo 4.
> The debate about whether parties should match other parties was shot down.

I’m always down when I have the time hmu bro gt same as my profile.

I recently started playing mcc again and I find it enjoyable. I started to play for the campaigns again but I’ve dipped my toes in the multi-player and I was having fun. This might change after a while of playing but to be honest I don’t mind people playing to win or anything like that. Even back in the day there was usually those stomp type of matches regardless of it being ranked or social. I guess you have to take it in strides. I understand where you are coming from when you say we used to be really good but now we can’t compete at the same level with some of the people in the rotation. It happens and I don’t think you can blame the people that play the game a lot for being good as im pretty sure if we played as much or more we would be on the other side of the issue. Honestly the biggest thing that can bring down my multi-player enjoyment is the lack of people to play with as my old friends I played with are no longer in touch.

> 2533274824807326;1:
> So I’ve been an avid Halo player for all of my life. Played since CE. I own every game. Even Spartan assault, Strike, and the original ports of Halo 1 and 2 on PC as well as MCC for both xbox one and PC. I’ve played the multiplayers on all of these but nowadays I just find multiplayer to be a drag. For me social gametypes seem to be filled with players that forget they’re playing social and it’s super sweaty and competitive is…well forget it. Good luck. I’ve always preferred the campaign and story but during the time of Reach I got into multiplayer alot more and loved it. Kinda looking forward to Halo 4s release on PC as it’s a more casual game but as of right now I’m strongly considering just quitting multiplayer. It’s just not fun anymore. Then again it never really was. I used to always just play customs. Big team is ok but after a while even that gets old…also I hate these challenges they keep giving us like that new sniper rifle skin…I mean level 20 in a competitive playlist? Forget about it…every game is just my team getting stomped on. I don’t get it. I used to be really good at all the halos. Bar the exception of Halo Wars I’ve beaten them all on legendary but now it seems like the people who play them must play them for breakfast lunch and dinner because I just can’t compete anymore.

Post like this make me feel sad, because the climate on multiplayer has changed quite a bit over the years and I felt the same way playing Halo 5 again. I’m starting to feel my age too bro, I used to be ultra-competitive now look at me, I struggle to BR a guy who’s back is turned :(. Don’t worry though sometimes you’ll have those days where you are godlike dude so all the magic isn’t gone.

> 2533274812438213;11:
> > 2533274824807326;1:
> > So I’ve been an avid Halo player for all of my life. Played since CE. I own every game. Even Spartan assault, Strike, and the original ports of Halo 1 and 2 on PC as well as MCC for both xbox one and PC. I’ve played the multiplayers on all of these but nowadays I just find multiplayer to be a drag. For me social gametypes seem to be filled with players that forget they’re playing social and it’s super sweaty and competitive is…well forget it. Good luck. I’ve always preferred the campaign and story but during the time of Reach I got into multiplayer alot more and loved it. Kinda looking forward to Halo 4s release on PC as it’s a more casual game but as of right now I’m strongly considering just quitting multiplayer. It’s just not fun anymore. Then again it never really was. I used to always just play customs. Big team is ok but after a while even that gets old…also I hate these challenges they keep giving us like that new sniper rifle skin…I mean level 20 in a competitive playlist? Forget about it…every game is just my team getting stomped on. I don’t get it. I used to be really good at all the halos. Bar the exception of Halo Wars I’ve beaten them all on legendary but now it seems like the people who play them must play them for breakfast lunch and dinner because I just can’t compete anymore.
>
> Post like this make me feel sad, because the climate on multiplayer has changed quite a bit over the years and I felt the same way playing Halo 5 again. I’m starting to feel my age too bro, I used to be ultra-competitive now look at me, I struggle to BR a guy who’s back is turned :(. Don’t worry though sometimes you’ll have those days where you are godlike dude so all the magic isn’t gone.

Yeah idk guys I don’t really have to big of a problem playing decent matches on console. But if anyone is short on homies to chill with an game out with or just cover your back in matches just feel free to hmu my gt are the same as my profile.

> 2535443757433605;12:
> > 2533274812438213;11:
> > > 2533274824807326;1:
> > > So I’ve been an avid Halo player for all of my life. Played since CE. I own every game. Even Spartan assault, Strike, and the original ports of Halo 1 and 2 on PC as well as MCC for both xbox one and PC. I’ve played the multiplayers on all of these but nowadays I just find multiplayer to be a drag. For me social gametypes seem to be filled with players that forget they’re playing social and it’s super sweaty and competitive is…well forget it. Good luck. I’ve always preferred the campaign and story but during the time of Reach I got into multiplayer alot more and loved it. Kinda looking forward to Halo 4s release on PC as it’s a more casual game but as of right now I’m strongly considering just quitting multiplayer. It’s just not fun anymore. Then again it never really was. I used to always just play customs. Big team is ok but after a while even that gets old…also I hate these challenges they keep giving us like that new sniper rifle skin…I mean level 20 in a competitive playlist? Forget about it…every game is just my team getting stomped on. I don’t get it. I used to be really good at all the halos. Bar the exception of Halo Wars I’ve beaten them all on legendary but now it seems like the people who play them must play them for breakfast lunch and dinner because I just can’t compete anymore.
> >
> > Post like this make me feel sad, because the climate on multiplayer has changed quite a bit over the years and I felt the same way playing Halo 5 again. I’m starting to feel my age too bro, I used to be ultra-competitive now look at me, I struggle to BR a guy who’s back is turned :(. Don’t worry though sometimes you’ll have those days where you are godlike dude so all the magic isn’t gone.
>
> Yeah idk guys I don’t really have to big of a problem playing decent matches on console. But if anyone is short on homies to chill with an game out with or just cover your back in matches just feel free to hmu my gt are the same as my profile.

I actually think I faced you today in Heavies, if you were the one that BRed me from across the map on Standoff good stuff.

> 2533274947044147;3:
> After playing Halo for over a decade I do feel like my enjoyment of the multiplayer has …stagnated and has become a less enjoyable experience, that might change with infinite, but for now I’m having more fun finally going through my backlog of single player games.

Feel this 100%, on top of the other single player games been also playing campaign too.

You’re not alone. I used to play H5 a lot then stopped for a couple years. Went back to it and got destroyed, I can’t play it anymore. Just playing Apex until Infinite comes out but even in this game there’s SBMM so every game is a sweat fest.

I’ve never liked the modern incarnation of multiplayer where you sit in front of a screen with many miles between you.
The old LAN days was much more fun, you got to interact physically with your friends, throw questionable slurs or even physical things(Toilet rolls, pens, you know the drill) at your friends and have a good laugh.

I can highly recommend Army of two with a good friend btw. The game itself isn’t really that fun but the co-op interactions in it are top notch :slight_smile:

> 2535462232512618;16:
> I’ve never liked the modern incarnation of multiplayer where you sit in front of a screen with many miles between you.
> The old LAN days was much more fun, you got to interact physically with your friends, throw questionable slurs or even physical things(Toilet rolls, pens, you know the drill) at your friends and have a good laugh.
>
> I can highly recommend Army of two with a good friend btw. The game itself isn’t really that fun but the co-op interactions in it are top notch :slight_smile:

ARMY OF TWO!
Now that’s a game I haven’t heard in a while. You know some people that used to work on that game came and went with Halo 5’s development. I’d have to look way back into the credits again. Great games.

I really dislike it to be honest

Well Halo 5 has been been out for more than 5 years now right? It’s more fun when you have a mixture of good players and bad players IMO… if it’s just people who just got really good at the game… what’s the fun in that. Release Halo Infinite!

Yep, I agree.
all the mcc multiplayer games just seem way to sweaty for me.
the only halo that I Really play multiplayer on anymore is H5.
I just prefer the faster paced gameplay, and I’ve been playing since release.
because of all the time I’ve sunk into it I’m now constantly getting pretty good scores, and ending up higher on the leaderboard.
so the fact that i can do well is the main reason i still play, along with the fact that it’s one of the only games that all my friends have that we can all play together.

but on mcc the only time i do multiplayer is when it’s split screen with my bro, or when my friends come over.