Does anyone here enjoy classic forge??? Forging on Last Resort?

Im talking about those awesome times when Halo 3 came out and we were all messing around… blowing stuff up… Playing with grav lifts… Using crates to block off sections…

One of the maps in Halo 3 I had the most fun with this was The Pit and Last resort. In the Pit i would block off the parts and make sweet infection maps… and in last resort i would use the containers to totally alter the map… Put a container full of guns on the wheel, and then i would save the map RIGHT AWAY so that when the match started the guns would be flicked and spread out throughout the map.

And if anyone here is a fan of split screening with your friends, im sure you have gone into valhalla and said “you get the waterfall base, i get the base near the shore…” and you would do all sorts of things, put tanks at your base, load it with splasers, put barricades as a defense, load it with anti vehicular weapons.

that was already fun enough, and then they introduced foundry! than sandbox! and then the ultimatum which was forge world! w/ forge 2.0

However, during this all deep down inside i eagerly wished I could forge on a Classic Non-DLC halo 3 map.

I was hoping that in Halo 4, that you guys would put a map like Valhalla, or the Pit, or Last Resort, or any great map, and just put the normal items on it (Containers, crates, pallettes) but now with forge 2.0 mechanics, so we can relive those moments, but much more funner and amazinger.

Just please put basic items so we can forge ANY map to some extent…

Forge itself is better in Reach, but I agree that Halo 3’s maps were just way, way more fun. Better vehicles, too, and deployable equipment (i.e. portable Grav Lifts) is much better for minigames than AAs.

It’d be nice to have some classic, H3-style Forge fun in H4.

> Forge itself is better in Reach, but I agree that Halo 3’s maps were just way, way more fun. Better vehicles, too, and deployable equipment (i.e. portable Grav Lifts) is much better for minigames than AAs.
>
> It’d be nice to have some classic, H3-style Forge fun in H4.

Yeah deployable stuff was great, I remember chucking grav lifts infront of me just as a ghost was about to splatter me :stuck_out_tongue: Maps were great in halo 3, I loved thing like the wheel on last resort and opening the door on high ground, the problem with AA’s in reach is that you don’t need to go up the wheel to get the sword or the invisible on last resort when you can just jetpack etc.

> > Forge itself is better in Reach, but I agree that Halo 3’s maps were just way, way more fun. Better vehicles, too, and deployable equipment (i.e. portable Grav Lifts) is much better for minigames than AAs.
> >
> > It’d be nice to have some classic, H3-style Forge fun in H4.
>
>
> Yeah deployable stuff was great, I remember chucking grav lifts infront of me just as a ghost was about to splatter me :stuck_out_tongue: Maps were great in halo 3, I loved thing like the wheel on last resort and opening the door on high ground, the problem with AA’s in reach is that you don’t need to go up the wheel to get the sword or the invisible on last resort when you can just jetpack etc.

Yeah. I miss that. Sure, I love forging in Reach because I can get stuff done faster, but the Halo 3 forge feel and gameplay was much better. If they do decide to incorporate forge into Halo 4, they should keep the Reach-style one as default, but have an “Old-School” or “Classic” mode you can change to in the options. -> MW anyone?

Halo 3 had a cool forge mode, but Reach has made so many improvements that it would seem silly to downgrade it for the next game.

…and why does everyone hate armor abilities? They are so much more fun than throwing down Radar Jammers and Regenerators. =\

> Halo 3 had a cool forge mode, but Reach has made so many improvements that it would seem silly to downgrade it for the next game.
>
> …and why does everyone hate armor abilities? They are so much more fun than throwing down Radar Jammers and Regenerators. =\

Deployable Grav Lifts alone had more possibilities than the AAs ever will.