Does anyone else want them to drop.

The 10 year plan. It just seems like a bad idea with the information we just go dropped to us.

Destiny tried it failed. The game biowear made failed. Besides who wants to play one game for 10 years. The graphics will get old. The gameplay will get old.

> 2533274809365657;1:
> The 10 year plan. It just seems like a bad idea with the information we just go dropped to us.
>
> Destiny tried it failed. The game biowear made failed. Besides who wants to play one game for 10 years. The graphics will get old. The gameplay will get old.

Destiny definitely didn’t fail, rainbow six siege is halfway through their own ten year plan and its still popular, and people are still playing ce, clearly graphics don’t matter. They just need to apply the plan effectively

> 2535428089141116;2:
> > 2533274809365657;1:
> > The 10 year plan. It just seems like a bad idea with the information we just go dropped to us.
> >
> > Destiny tried it failed. The game biowear made failed. Besides who wants to play one game for 10 years. The graphics will get old. The gameplay will get old.
>
> Destiny definitely didn’t fail, rainbow six siege is halfway through their own ten year plan and its still popular, and people are still playing ce, clearly graphics don’t matter. They just need to apply the plan effectively

Uh didn’t you hear about the fall out with Bungie and Activision?

RSS was or is a 10 year plan? First I heard about that tbh

> 2533274809365657;1:
> The 10 year plan. It just seems like a bad idea with the information we just go dropped to us.
>
> Destiny tried it failed. The game biowear made failed. Besides who wants to play one game for 10 years. The graphics will get old. The gameplay will get old.

I’m entirely unsure I agree.

The advantage of a 10 year plan is that you do have the time to specifically plan everything out and if/when major systems need improvement/redesign/overhaul you can. With a shorter lifespan game with a sequel you can’t do that as you need to redeploy those teams to work on the next title.

They should either drop the Xbox One version and redesign the game as a next-gen title, or drop the 10 year plan.

Having both mixed together concots a poisonous brew of: an outdated last-gen game stretched for 10 years preventing a next-gen Halo.

Unless they can promise over the 10 years Halo Infinite will get significant graphics updates (something that’s never happened to games before other than the rare mmo), they should drop the 10 year plan and allow Halo 7 to be made later on for an actual next-gen Halo experience.

I actually like the idea; however, live services are very sketchy. Why I like it is because they’ll have an abundance of time for bug fixing and adding important things such as playable elites, expanding forge capabilities, and adding forgable AI if they aren’t in at launch. There’s also the matter of any maps I make not becoming redundant for a very long time although maybe that last one is a tad selfish.

So long as they steer VERY clear of the Destiny 1 and 2 approach ie bare bones story, grind only, beating the dead horse for new content ideas, etc.

> 2533274809365657;3:
> > 2535428089141116;2:
> > > 2533274809365657;1:
> > > The 10 year plan. It just seems like a bad idea with the information we just go dropped to us.
> > >
> > > Destiny tried it failed. The game biowear made failed. Besides who wants to play one game for 10 years. The graphics will get old. The gameplay will get old.
> >
> > Destiny definitely didn’t fail, rainbow six siege is halfway through their own ten year plan and its still popular, and people are still playing ce, clearly graphics don’t matter. They just need to apply the plan effectively
>
> Uh didn’t you hear about the fall out with Bungie and Activision?
>
> RSS was or is a 10 year plan? First I heard about that tbh

Yes, and that fallout proved for the best. Activision was poisoning Bungie’s work, and is THE reason why Destiny 1 launched as it did (also why Taken King expansion is actually content that was supposed to be there at launch).

Bungie is scoring a lot of Ws rn, as they sunset sunsetting, Season of the Chosen is among the best, the buildup to Witch Queen (dating back to before Shadowkeep, so more than an year ago) is still going strong and will only get stronger, narrative is REALLY good and captivating, Vault of Glass is coming back, Crossplay… it’s a matter of keeping that momentum going and delivering a fantastic experience when Witch Queen drops, which I’m honestly hopeful for.

Whether Halo Infinite can succeed in this 10 year plan falls to 343’s management. If they know what we want and what will keep us wanting to come back, then that plan can work out.

> 2533274809365657;3:
> > 2535428089141116;2:
> > > 2533274809365657;1:
> > > The 10 year plan. It just seems like a bad idea with the information we just go dropped to us.
> > >
> > > Destiny tried it failed. The game biowear made failed. Besides who wants to play one game for 10 years. The graphics will get old. The gameplay will get old.
> >
> > Destiny definitely didn’t fail, rainbow six siege is halfway through their own ten year plan and its still popular, and people are still playing ce, clearly graphics don’t matter. They just need to apply the plan effectively
>
> Uh didn’t you hear about the fall out with Bungie and Activision?
>
> RSS was or is a 10 year plan? First I heard about that tbh

The fall out was mostly Bungie wanted to break away from Activision so they can focus on progressing the game at their speed rather than Activision wanting to crank things out for $$$.

and as stated before RSS is nearing Year 6 of its 10 year plan.

it can work if the developers focus solely on the game and not worry about having game support for its current game/using resources to develop a new game as well.

> 2533274809365657;1:

Granted we don’t know a lot of the specifics re: the 10 year service. I imagine 343 are heading in with a fairly flexible view anyway.

But out of curiosity… how does the info just dropped change up the 10 year concept in any way?

> 2533275010817669;7:
> > 2533274809365657;3:
> > > 2535428089141116;2:
> > > > 2533274809365657;1:
> > > > The 10 year plan. It just seems like a bad idea with the information we just go dropped to us.
> > > >
> > > > Destiny tried it failed. The game biowear made failed. Besides who wants to play one game for 10 years. The graphics will get old. The gameplay will get old.
> > >
> > > Destiny definitely didn’t fail, rainbow six siege is halfway through their own ten year plan and its still popular, and people are still playing ce, clearly graphics don’t matter. They just need to apply the plan effectively
> >
> > Uh didn’t you hear about the fall out with Bungie and Activision?
> >
> > RSS was or is a 10 year plan? First I heard about that tbh
>
> Yes, and that fallout proved for the best. Activision was poisoning Bungie’s work, and is THE reason why Destiny 1 launched as it did (also why Taken King expansion is actually content that was supposed to be there at launch).
>
> Bungie is scoring a lot of Ws rn, as they sunset sunsetting, Season of the Chosen is among the best, the buildup to Witch Queen (dating back to before Shadowkeep, so more than an year ago) is still going strong and will only get stronger, narrative is REALLY good and captivating, Vault of Glass is coming back, Crossplay… it’s a matter of keeping that momentum going and delivering a fantastic experience when Witch Queen drops, which I’m honestly hopeful for.
>
> Whether Halo Infinite can succeed in this 10 year plan falls to 343’s management. If they know what we want and what will keep us wanting to come back, then that plan can work out.

Tbh After the -Yoink- up the first destiny was I just stoped following the game. But I don’t know 343 isn’t giving out enough details

> 2585548714655118;9:
> > 2533274809365657;1:
> > The 10 year plan. It just seems like a bad idea with the information we just go dropped to us.
>
> Granted we don’t know a lot of the specifics re: the 10 year service. I imagine 343 are heading in with a fairly flexible view anyway.
>
> But out of curiosity… how does the info just dropped change up the 10 year concept in any way?

It’s not the ten year plan really it’s more like why get it day one any why isnt 343 giving out much details about their ideas other than bad news.