Does anyone else want more epic cutscenes

Hello,

I think Halo 4 should work on making the cutscenes more epic sometimes, obviously story has to be told, but they did a good job in ODST some cutscenes were awesome, also in Halo Wars, nobody can disagree that they didn’t have some sick cutscenes…what do you guys think? I want to see a cutscene and be blown away

Cut-scenes are old. The way to go would be realtime cinematic’s,

Halo need to move away from its old tech,

More epic, Care to define that a little.

Actually I would love to see cutscenes, not like cod where you are all dizzie and your gun is pointed up in a fps view, but the great cutscenes we see in every halo

sorry for my punctuation…im tired…
but i’m talking things like the battle on the bridge in halo wars, where the spartans were busy doing the dirty on the elites. Or when the odst’s were all fighting the brute chieftain in ODST. Things like that…Obviously you need to the talking. But i want some scripted, epic, fighting going on.

^ true

Ya we need more awesome crazy action cut-scenes where we really get to see what a Spartan can really do because we cant really get that when playing the game.

I wish they will be like Halo Wars cutscenes- not the CGI, but how well they were made.

Totally agree, they should go back to the original Halo cut-scenes instead of that first person crap reach tried. It worked in ODST but not reach :confused:

hopefully they do it, yeah CGI isn’t necessary as it takes away from the game in a way. Not that I mind it I just don’t think it’s necessary. But as far as these go, I hope since we (at least I) have been deprived of a movie, should get some movie like scenes going on so we can enjoy watch just as much as we enjoy playing.

I really don’t care if its CGI or not i just wont awesome cut-scenes that are well scripted like in ODST.

Yeah, I’m all for it, why not? Although, the cut scenes will be somewhat different in Halo 4, as Chief is supposedly alone, and in each one he’ll be discovering new things and learning more about where he’s at, more like Halo: CE.

> Cut-scenes are old. The way to go would be realtime cinematic’s,
>
> Halo need to move away from its old tech,
>
> More epic, Care to define that a little.

I don’t want the cutscenes to disappear. I always loved cutscenes.
P.s: On topic. Yes, I would like more epic cutscenes (if you mean, more action and booms and guns blazin), but not too many. Keep the emotion in the cutscenes, and keep the action for the gameplay!

I really want a good mix of emotional and action cut-scenes. If need be make longer ones that can display both sometimes like the chief goes into a big action scene and then after he wins goes through some emotion with cortana.

For instance i really liked the action and the emotion i got from reaches ending.

> > Cut-scenes are old. The way to go would be realtime cinematic’s,
> >
> > Halo need to move away from its old tech,
> >
> > More epic, Care to define that a little.
>
> I don’t want the cutscenes to disappear. I always loved cutscenes.
> P.s: On topic. Yes, I would like more epic cutscenes (if you mean, more action and booms and guns blazin), but not too many. Keep the emotion in the cutscenes, and keep the action for the gameplay!

I never said remove cut scenes but to update them for realtime cinematic’s, There’s a big difference from a development point of view, the player will barely notice.

I believe Halo 4 will be full of “epic” cinematics just by looking at some of the environmental concept art alone. However, I would much rather prefer a story-filled scene diving deeper into the Haloverse than ever before, rather than something only Michael Bay and his fanboys would enjoy.

Though considering we’re encountering a whole new facet of the universe in a similar way to the Forerunner discoveries in Halo: Combat Evolved, I don’t think 343i should have any problem doing that. :slight_smile:

NO! cut-scenes at the beginning and the end of a missions are just perfect! Except for easter eggs. Too many would take away from the ability to add more content on the disc, and slow down game play.

> Cut-scenes are old. The way to go would be realtime cinematic’s,
>
> Halo need to move away from its old tech,
>
> More epic, Care to define that a little.

> Too many would take away from the ability to add more content on the disc, and slow down game play.

Which could be easily solved by Final Fantasy/Mass Effect-ing the game on multiple discs in the case. God that would be annoying and somehow nicely nostalgic.

> > Too many would take away from the ability to add more content on the disc, and slow down game play.
>
> Which could be easily solved by Final Fantasy/Mass Effect-ing the game on multiple discs in the case. God that would be annoying and somehow nicely nostalgic.

I really hated having to swap discs in the older games just to continue playing the story. The area I would agree with you on would be to have a campaign disc, and separate mutli-player/forge mode disc. Ala. ODST. That way developers can go crazy with graphics and content.

Without a new system and disc platform, I don’t see how they could fit a new big better game on the same hd-dvd disc.

> Totally agree, they should go back to the original Halo cut-scenes instead of that first person crap reach tried. It worked in ODST but not reach :confused:

There needs to be a fine line, the First Person view, work in some cases.

But I would like to see a cut scene that shows off the graphics engine.