does anyone else think the mounted/ripped of turret is terrible?

If you ask me, I thought the Halo 3 mounted turret was perfect, its was powerful, but not so much so that it was ridiculous, however in Halo Reach it just feels so weak. Its way to inaccurate, I think thats its only problem, anyone mid range or longer poses more of a threat than you do with the turret since alls they have to do is throw a grenade and shoot you in the head. It really only works good in close quarters, but even then people can jump around you and punch you to death. I cant be the the only one disapointed in the turret, do you want 343 to make the turret mor accurate?

I want to know who’s smart idea it was to make a ripped-off turret more accurate than one mounted to a tripod.

Its good for getting assists. A friend of mine ripped it off once and he and I used it to camp the enemy base. He popped their shields and I popped their heads. Got an Untouchable out of it.

> Its good for getting assists. A friend of mine ripped it off once and he and I used it to camp the enemy base. He popped their shields and I popped their heads. Got an Untouchable out of it.

lol some epic teamwork there!

That thing wreaks vehicles.

> That thing wreaks vehicles.

Honestly, what doesn’t wreak vehicles? A pebble can send a brand new Warthog into a 5 minute series of barrel rolls with an explosive end. (C;

And to the OP, I’m pretty sure the turret is the way it is in Reach for the very reason you mentioned. It was perceived as a crutch for “bad players” because they could take out players who considered themselves “more skilled.”

And everyone knows, if someone is “more skilled” then they should be able to beat someone lesser skilled no matter what. More skilled only has a depleted sword and empty DMR? Of course they should own the coordinated pair in the Warthog. /sarcasm…

The turret isn’t that powerful because it isn’t designed to be a power weapon. It has too much ammo for this and can get multiple kills before overheating, often besting the AR and the DMR, without needing much aim. It is fine as it is.