Does anyone else think the BR SFX are bad?

In Halo 2 and 3 it sounded like you were shooting a gun. Now, it sounds like it’s spitting at you as you fire.

It sounds pitiful for being the combination of a SCAR and a M16.

I don’t like the new sounds. Just because they used real weapons doesn’t mean it’s better.

I agree. It actually frustrates me when I hear it because I don’t feel like I’m shooting a gun.

I’d complain more about the Sniper Rifle. maybe from far away it sounds awesome, but when using it personally, it sounds very suppressed.

but the BR doesn’t sound too good either… but then again, it’s 5sk, so I could care less about that gun as I will NEVER EVER use it, every other weapon is just waaay better.
now, if the 5sk BR is made a 4sk, then I could care about it, thus making me upset about its sound, but until then…

> I’d complain more about the Sniper Rifle. maybe from far away it sounds awesome, but when using it personally, it sounds very suppressed.
>
> but the BR doesn’t sound too good either… but then again, it’s 5sk, so I could care less about that gun as I will NEVER EVER use it, every other weapon is just waaay better.
> now, if the 5sk BR is made a 4sk, then I could care about it, thus making me upset about its sound, but until then…

SR doesn’t sound or look as bad now. Check out the UNSC Weapons Sound Video.

I still don’t understand why everyone cares about the 5SK. It was OP when it was 4SK.

> > I’d complain more about the Sniper Rifle. maybe from far away it sounds awesome, but when using it personally, it sounds very suppressed.
> >
> > but the BR doesn’t sound too good either… but then again, it’s 5sk, so I could care less about that gun as I will NEVER EVER use it, every other weapon is just waaay better.
> > now, if the 5sk BR is made a 4sk, then I could care about it, thus making me upset about its sound, but until then…
>
> SR doesn’t sound or look as bad now. Check out the UNSC Weapons Sound Video.
>
> I still don’t understand why everyone cares about the 5SK. It was OP when it <mark>was</mark> 4SK.

I don’t understand why everyone wanted the Carbine nerfed in Halo 4. The gameplay is just like Halo 3’s, so the Carbine didn’t need nerfed. -_-

4sk BR was OP in Halo 3 because all the other weapons sucked. All the other weapons in Halo 4 don’t suck, so the 4sk BR wouldn’t be OP.

and I’ve watched the UNSC Weapons Video, and just watched it, and it still sounds suppressed, just not as bad as I had thought. the BR actually doesn’t sound too bad, still not as good as Halo 2’s/3’s, but not bad either.

IMO i like it it now sounds like it is a gun and it has a kick to it plus its got a dont mess with me sound, in all the other ones the weapons sounds were made from hitting a hammer on a metal sheet or dropping marbles on wood, it may not be like that but thats how it sounds halo 4 weapon sounds will sound much better they just may have to tune them a bit and the BAM theyre either great or exactly like the other games

> I don’t understand why everyone wanted the Carbine nerfed in Halo 4. The gameplay is just like Halo 3’s, so the Carbine didn’t need nerfed. -_-
>
> 4sk BR was OP in Halo 3 because all the other weapons sucked. All the other weapons in Halo 4 don’t suck, so the 4sk BR wouldn’t be OP.
>
> and I’ve watched the UNSC Weapons Video, and just watched it, and it still sounds suppressed, just not as bad as I had thought. the BR actually doesn’t sound too bad, still not as good as Halo 2’s/3’s, but not bad either.

I personally think most of the weapon sounds seem sub par in the videos that have been presented and hope they might sound better coming from my own TV ~-~ I doubt it though.

As for the other discussions, I haven’t played Halo 4 yet but I think it’s a bit of a stretch to use the absolute phrase of just like Halo 3 to describe it’s playing when some clear differences are noticeable, which also applies to saying the other weapons don’t suck. (I’ll admit it seems like they don’t suck, but I don’t know for sure.)

Specifically on a 5 or 4 BR, in terms of the rifles it seems like they’re attempting to line them all up shot wise which doesn’t bother me much, I feel that the change of a total shot difference is rather large boost in what the overall damage tables would/could be when expanded beyond simple 1v1 encounters (and could still be an issue there).

I was just watching a gameplay video (E3 game demo to be exact) And it sounds -Yoinking!- fun. Shut up