Does anyone else think Reach is better than Halo 5

My first Halo game was Halo 5. After playing it, I thought it was great. Then I bought Halo reach. While playing the campaign, I noticed him much better the story was compared to Halo 5. In Halo 5, you don’t see people sacrificing themselves for others. Halo 5 doesn’t have the same emotion that Halo Reach has. You don’t really have to be strategic on Halo 5. In Halo Reach, one move means the difference between life and death. You also can’t be “revived” by your teammates like Halo 5, and you couldn’t scope with every weapon. I really wish Halo 6 will be more like Halo Reach. Please tell me if you agree with me.

Campaign was definitely better IMO. I’m not biased just because we got to play as our spartan… But I just like Halo 5’s gameplay more. (bloom sucks…) Sure reach changed the lore, but that seems commonplace now…

Reach has the better campaign yes, h5 could’ve been better if it was done correctly and wasn’t full of false ads. Reach only had more emotion than h5, cuz it was suppose to. Reach was a lost cause for the unsc and Spartan IIIs, their death was inevitable, they only delayed it. H5 could’ve been emotional had they possibly stuck to the ads. I’d say how, but you said you’re new to halo and only played reach and h5, id play h4 and you’ll understand what I mean by how h5 “could’ve” been more emotional than it was. H4 itself is also an emotional game. I recommend getting halo master chief collection (for campaign/lore reasons, good luck if you want to play the multiplayer).

Halo Reach had a good story no doubt and the campaign was fun. Noble Team was cool and all but thats all they really were. They wearnt very well developed. My main gripe with reach is how it butchered the lore of The fall of reach, and bloom was annoying, so were armour abilities.

> 2533274923562209;3:
> Reach has the better campaign yes, h5 could’ve been better if it was done correctly and wasn’t full of false ads. Reach only had more emotion than h5, cuz it was suppose to. Reach was a lost cause for the unsc and Spartan IIIs, their death was inevitable, they only delayed it. H5 could’ve been emotional had they possibly stuck to the ads. I’d say how, but you said you’re new to halo and only played reach and h5, id play h4 and you’ll understand what I mean by how h5 “could’ve” been more emotional than it was. H4 itself is also an emotional game. I recommend getting halo master chief collection (for campaign/lore reasons, good luck if you want to play the multiplayer).

Thanks for the advice:)

They both had their charms, and faults.

This sounds like some shenanigans… some one who hasn’t played Halo starts with H5… then must have liked it a bit because they decided to play another Halo game… do they buy MCC so they can play the original game? Nope they pick Reach… a spin off from H3… ok. Seems like some one who loved Reach just making up a story. But here is my opinion… campaign wise Reach was a bit better but main because I don’t like fighting promethians. But I still don’t like “team” based campaigns. It did have the better multiplayer maps but H5 has the worse ones of any halo game so that isn’t hard to top. H5 has better multiplayer mechanics though. I also have a feeling Reachs firefight will be better than H5s. But H5 does play a lot more competitive than Reach. Reach really catered to the casual crowd.

I loved Reach. LOVED LOVED LOVED that game. Halo 5 is better in my opinion.

> 2533274816788253;7:
> This sounds like some shenanigans… some one who hasn’t played Halo starts with H5… then must have liked it a bit because they decided to play another Halo game… do they buy MCC so they can play the original game? Nope they pick Reach… a spin off from H3… ok. Seems like some one who loved Reach just making up a story. But here is my opinion… campaign wise Reach was a bit better but main because I don’t like fighting promethians. But I still don’t like “team” based campaigns. It did have the better multiplayer maps but H5 has the worse ones of any halo game so that isn’t hard to top. H5 has better multiplayer mechanics though. I also have a feeling Reachs firefight will be better than H5s. But H5 does play a lot more competitive than Reach. Reach really catered to the casual crowd.

Always have to start somewhere, I started with ODST and then Reach as my main multiplayer halo and it was a hell of alot more fun than Halo 5.

I hope you don’t mean casual in a negative connotation, because halo 5’s population is dropping because it’s overly frustrating and competitive. 343i needs to find a balance like bungie did in 3.

> 2533274871929668;9:
> > 2533274816788253;7:
> > This sounds like some shenanigans… some one who hasn’t played Halo starts with H5… then must have liked it a bit because they decided to play another Halo game… do they buy MCC so they can play the original game? Nope they pick Reach… a spin off from H3… ok. Seems like some one who loved Reach just making up a story. But here is my opinion… campaign wise Reach was a bit better but main because I don’t like fighting promethians. But I still don’t like “team” based campaigns. It did have the better multiplayer maps but H5 has the worse ones of any halo game so that isn’t hard to top. H5 has better multiplayer mechanics though. I also have a feeling Reachs firefight will be better than H5s. But H5 does play a lot more competitive than Reach. Reach really catered to the casual crowd.
>
>
> Always have to start somewhere, I started with ODST and then Reach as my main multiplayer halo and it was a hell of alot more fun than Halo 5.
>
> I hope you don’t mean casual in a negative connotation, because halo 5’s population is dropping because it’s overly frustrating and competitive. 343i needs to find a balance like bungie did in 3.

No casual isn’t a negative term. But I just prefer the more competitive game play of H5. Casuals maybe the majority but Halo has been catering to them since Reach. That is when they pretty much cut out the competitive play. It’s the competitive players turn to have a game. Sure the casual play is very limited in H5 but it’s there.

Reach was my favourite Halo game, apart from the Forge tools, I don’t think Halo 5 holds a candle to it

reach is the best for me

The campaign had a better story, that is absolutely true.
But matchmaking? Just two words: Armor Lock

They both have their goods and bads, but I personally like halo 5 more.

Reach had better maps, campaign, and the ascetics of weapons (weapons that shot marshmellows felt powerful in Reach while powerful weapons in Halo 5 feel and look weak). However, the gunplay was trash on all the most important weapons and armor abilities (jetpack alone was horrible). Overall, Halo 5 is much better.

Reach’s story was better then Halo 5s but it’s multiplayer was an unbalanced mess.

I’d say that even though neither are as good as the original trilogy (except I think Reach and 2 are tied for 4th on my favorites list behind ODST, 3, and CE), I feel that Reach has more good that outweighs the bad compared to Halo 5 which I feel has more bad that outweighs the good (bad campaign, REQ system, terrible matchmaking system, terrible UI, etc. vs. Good base gameplay, good Forge, vehicle seat switching). So yes, I’d say that I personally feel that Reach is better than 5. Feel free to disagree if you must.

Reach’s campaign is one of the best campaigns that I have ever played on any game. Great character development, gripping story, and overall an awesome experience. Halo’s 5 story is a complete mess with a lot of missed opportunities nowhere in the same level as Reach. Where halo 5 excels over reach is in its multiplayer. I have to say even though it’s very limited compared to all past entries is a lot of fun.

What I miss from reach: the playlists + the maps.

There are elements of both games that I love. I loved Reach’s sad story. I’m a huge samurai fan, & the story of fighting a losing battle is one that comes up often among them. Maps in both games are visually stunning, period.
You weren’t always with Noble team in Reach. You got to play in “Your” armor of choice, & the rank/reward system for collecting made replays more interesting. It also had some great weapons & vehicles. There was also many great PvP modes.(& firefight) That being said, H5G doesn’t have the strongest, or most interesting campaign or PvE foes. (Covies aside) The multiplayer is solid, & Warzone is chaotic, but the req system makes it addictive fun. Some armors are really nice, others not so much, & too many reskins.