Does anyone else realize how much lag affects bloom on halo reach?

First off, my connection is not bad. I get 20 mbps download speed and 1.5 upload speed. Just as in halo 3 there are games in which it feels like the other team is seconds ahead of you and they can hit you 3 times before you even realize what is going on. But, I have noticed lag changes bloom. Some games I can spam the DMR and kill someone within a few seconds. Other games it takes forever for the reticle to reset. It changes from game to game it seems. Some games you will literally have no chance from the start because the other team can spam like crazy and you have to shoot at a snail pace. Some days it is worse than others for some reason. Me and my friend run off college internet so that is a non issue. Has anyone else noticed this? I hate the concept of bloom but lag could be the reason people hate it to the degree they do.

I have never noticed this. but lag could be affecting your bullet magnetism (funny little mystical force that helps massively bloomed weapons to land miraculous headshots while spamming the hell out of the trigger) preventing it from working as well as the other teams.

As mentioned above, the lag affects Bullet Magnetism, the bloom repulsing doesn’t change no matter how bad you are lagging.

Unless of course you mean Firefight Lag.

> As mentioned above, the lag affects Bullet Magnetism, the bloom repulsing doesn’t change no matter how bad you are lagging.
>
> Unless of course you mean Firefight Lag.

bloom changes with lag i guarantee it. it changes from game to game. It is obvious if you play the game

> > As mentioned above, the lag affects Bullet Magnetism, the bloom repulsing doesn’t change no matter how bad you are lagging.
> >
> > Unless of course you mean Firefight Lag.
>
> bloom changes with lag i guarantee it. it changes from game to game. It is obvious if you play the game

I play Reach a ton. My bloom has never been affected by lag. Check your connection status, you may have a worse connection than you think you do(doesnt understand technical jargon).

i know networking. i check my connection as I play

> i know networking. i check my connection as I play

I know little about networking but I know enough to know that even the most knowledgeable could be semi-out-of-the-loop. I rarely experience lag and even when my team has lag, I rarely do. I also have my cable running right into my xbox instead of using the wireless.

the lag for the most part isn’t visual like a game like crysis.

Crysis broke a NASA computer, didn’t it??

> Crysis broke a NASA computer, didn’t it??

And now I know why the first achievement in Crysis 2 is “Can it run Crysis?”

LOL!!! I’d heard it but never looked into it or even followed up. Gold.

It’s possible but I have never had a problem with it.

There was one time I’ve played slayer in Countdown. When I aim to the head, the reticule was a few millimeters from the head. But when I took the shot, the bloom expanded but the reticule didn’t turn red but it counted as a headshot.
I checked the network bars and there were to players with a red bar.

> Crysis broke a NASA computer, didn’t it??

No, it didn’t. It was a running joke that you’d need a space-age computer to run Crysis, but it never actually broke a computer like that.

It did however, massacre dozens of other, less-worthy machines. My old one included.

> but lag could be affecting your bullet magnetism…

It does. Well, it’s not actually lag that does affect it but your connection quality to the host. The better it is the sooner aim assist and thus bullet magnetism kicks in. It doesn’t change how much bullet magnetism redirects your shots towards your opponent, however, only the distance at which it starts. The better your connection, the further away your opponent can be.

Yes, it is felt greatly in the force. It was annouying in Halo2, it was annouying in Halo3, it’s still annouying and it will be forever annouying on the 360. The next-gen… I don’t know.

And the annouyance is lag, not bloom :wink:

I had a game today where I didn’t get a DMR kill that I was positive I should have. I rewatched it in theater and lag was the only possible explanation. I was shooting at a guy who was strafing to the left after I took down his shield, and the bullet stopped in midair, as if I had shot a wall (with a little spark at the end of the DMR bullet trail). Clearly I had shot the guy where he appeared on my screen, but I guess on the host’s screen he was actually more to the left than I thought he was.