Does anyone actually care if multiplayer is canon?

Seriously. It seems like they’re trying to add to the multiplayer experience by making it canon, when in reality, it seems like it does the exact opposite and limits everything. Most notably the ability to play elites.

Do you want multiplayer to be canon? Does it really matter at all?

> 2533274793616507;1:
> Seriously. It seems like they’re trying to “add” to the multiplayer experience by making it canon, when in reality, it seems like it does the exact opposite and limits everything. Most notably the ability to play elites.
>
> Do you want multiplayer to be canon? Does it really matter at all?

Some people have issues with it as it causes a few logical errors. I personally don’t care as it isn’t part of my ‘head canon’ for lack of a better term.

> 2533274793616507;1:
> Seriously. It seems like they’re trying to “add” to the multiplayer experience by making it canon, when in reality, it seems like it does the exact opposite and limits everything. Most notably the ability to play elites.
>

Does it matter? No, not really. But there’s no inherent harm in prescribing a bit of purpose or backstory to what you’re doing.

As long as it isn’t leaking over and actively harming gameplay then it can only benefit those who enjoy the lore. And if you dont, well, it’s not harming you either.

Can multiplayer even be canon?

No. I belive that this is the main reason why we don’t have playable elites in MP.

The multiplayer being canon is kinda a bs excuse to cover laziness in a way.

The canon multiplayer took away

• Playable elites (yet then they say Spartans and elites train together in simulations meaning we should -Yoinking!- have it) - The falcon (decommissioned that’s all I will say)Probably other stuff to but I just woke up and I’m to tired to fully think…

> 2533275000870778;5:
> No. I belive that this is the main reason why we don’t have playable elites in MP.

But then they say a canonical experience doesn’t change gameplay.
I don’t need a reason to kill other people digitally, nor do I need an excuse to be an elite. I just wanna

If it keeps Elites out of multiplayer, so be it. I always hated seeing an Elite in Halo 3 multiplayer, and it always felt like the hit boxes were weird… I understand the appeal, and certainly I feel Elites are fascinating, but the only way I’d approve of Elites in multiplayer is with a Invasion style incentive.

Give me Elites that have their own set of abilities, or give me a Warzone-esque game mode that has three teams with different factions. 12v12v12, a UNSC team, Covenant team, Forerunner team. But don’t just slap an elite skin on a Spartan hitbox, and don’t create a completely new hitbox for a competitive game.

I don’t really care if it is but I don’t see why not have it be canon.

> 2533274793616507;1:
> Seriously. It seems like they’re trying to add to the multiplayer experience by making it canon, when in reality, it seems like it does the exact opposite and limits everything. Most notably the ability to play elites.
>

It does not matter to me, I look for a game to be fun.

There was a thread about this in the Halo Wars 2 forum a while ago. I am totally opposed to it being canon. It raises far too many questions, and provides no answers. How does the respawning system work, do the spartans feel pain when they get shot, among dozens of other things. If you have to explain it away as “It’s gameplay mechanics” then I don’t understand how it could be canon. Also the addition of the weapon skins that are just goofy doesnt belong in the canon.

> 2533275000870778;5:
> No. I belive that this is the main reason why we don’t have playable elites in MP.

You mean balancing? They have different hitboxes.

> 2533274832089275;11:
> There was a thread about this in the Halo Wars 2 forum a while ago. I am totally opposed to it being canon. It raises far too many questions, and provides no answers. How does the respawning system work, do the spartans feel pain when they get shot, among dozens of other things. If you have to explain it away as “It’s gameplay mechanics” then I don’t understand how it could be canon. Also the addition of the weapon skins that are just goofy doesnt belong in the canon.

Technically they have an answer for the bullets and the death -Cough Cough- TTR rounds -cough Cough-

i think it’s hilarious that 343i wants to make the MP canon. i always have to at least smile when i think about it, because it’s so unnecessary.

i would also prefer always a “normal” multiplayer, with no restrictions like “being canon”. who plays mp because of the “story”? XD

> 2533274832089275;12:
> > 2533275000870778;5:
> > No. I belive that this is the main reason why we don’t have playable elites in MP.
>
>
> You mean balancing? They have different hitboxes.

Just make it like Halo: Reach and only put elites in certain game modes (i.e. Invasion, Elite Slayer).

I don’t think 343’s canonical multiplayer has any restrictions. We have assault rifles that look like pizza for Pete’s sake. If 343 was really dedicated to adding playable elites in multiplayer they could easily write up some alliance with the Arbiter or just say that the elites are being simulated by the computer. That being said, there’s nothing wrong with including the multiplayer in the main story.

> 2533274855477511;16:
> I don’t think 343’s canonical multiplayer has any restrictions. We have assault rifles that look like pizza for Pete’s sake. If 343 was really dedicated to adding playable elites in multiplayer they could easily write up some alliance with the Arbiter or just say that the elites are being simulated by the computer. That being said, there’s nothing wrong with including the multiplayer in the main story.

It has no customization restrictions. With Elites, we have different hitboxes. That has always been the problem, so much that Elites were banned at events.

The issue now is either you bring Elites in and have that whole mess again, or you slap an Elite skin on a Spartan and the damn hingehead lovers will crucify them for it. The simplest thing to do is to create a convenient excuse as to why we don’t have Elites. Enter canonical War Games, where Spartans go to train, with their own armor and their own guns.

For all the people complaining that War Games is canon, it’s actually a decent way to make you feel like your Spartan is your own. You control you own Spartan, trying to climb ranks while doing combat simulations aboard the infinity. Regardless, I don’t think the whole canon thing moved over into Halo 5.

> 2533274848599184;17:
> > 2533274855477511;16:
> > I don’t think 343’s canonical multiplayer has any restrictions. We have assault rifles that look like pizza for Pete’s sake. If 343 was really dedicated to adding playable elites in multiplayer they could easily write up some alliance with the Arbiter or just say that the elites are being simulated by the computer. That being said, there’s nothing wrong with including the multiplayer in the main story.
>
>
> It has no customization restrictions. With Elites, we have different hitboxes. That has always been the problem, so much that Elites were banned at events.
>
> The issue now is either you bring Elites in and have that whole mess again, or you slap an Elite skin on a Spartan and the damn hingehead lovers will crucify them for it. The simplest thing to do is to create a convenient excuse as to why we don’t have Elites. Enter canonical War Games, where Spartans go to train, with their own armor and their own guns.
>
> For all the people complaining that War Games is canon, it’s actually a decent way to make you feel like your Spartan is your own. You control you own Spartan, trying to climb ranks while doing combat simulations aboard the infinity. Regardless, I don’t think the whole canon thing moved over into Halo 5.

You’re way over-complicating things. Just keep elites out of the competitive Arena and you’re solid. Give them their own game modes (like I said in a previous comment) and you’ll keep both the competitive and veteran community happy.

> 2533274879407634;6:
> The multiplayer being canon is kinda a bs excuse to cover laziness in a way.
>
> The canon multiplayer took away
>
> - Playable elites (yet then they say Spartans and elites train together in simulations meaning we should -Yoinking!- have it)
> - The falcon (decommissioned that’s all I will say)
> Probably other stuff to but I just woke up and I’m to tired to fully think…

Incorrect. I’ve seen all too often people spread misinformation about MP being canon now allowing things to be omitted. That is simply not true.
Anvil Initiative is a thing, after all.

> 2533274851065491;19:
> > 2533274879407634;6:
> > The multiplayer being canon is kinda a bs excuse to cover laziness in a way.
> >
> > The canon multiplayer took away
> >
> > - Playable elites (yet then they say Spartans and elites train together in simulations meaning we should -Yoinking!- have it)
> > - The falcon (decommissioned that’s all I will say)
> > Probably other stuff to but I just woke up and I’m to tired to fully think…
>
>
> Incorrect. I’ve seen all too often people spread misinformation about MP being canon now allowing things to be omitted. That is simply not true.
> Anvil Initiative is a thing, after all.

I mentioned the ANVIL initiative guess what. No playable elite yet even though the mp is “canon”